[Information] What happens after you beat the game

nocturnal YL

This info is available in RRPG too, but I want to clear things up a bit.

After you complete the game (in any route) and the credits have rolled (awesome music, by the way), you'll be asked to select 5 units to put into the supporter logbook. When you confirm, the game will save, but it writes in more than those 5 units. Specifically:

• Your greeting cards will be updated to reflect your progress. If you have cleared Nohr at Lunatic, the Nohr insignia will be coloured gold.
  • The Archive of all the My Castles will be updated with your playthrough's music and videos.
  • You will be able to select more servants in My Castle (which is why you sometimes see a Nosferatu of all things serving those online castles), as well as more BGMs.

The above additions apply to all save files, including the ones from previous playthroughs.

What will not be transferred:

• ​Unit stats, weapons
  • Resources (food and minerals)
  • Accessories
  • Visitor and battle ratings (if you remember me saying that the rating system works like Awakening, sorry, I got it wrong) (See my next post for correction)

What this means is that besides collecting skills through the logbook, you don't get anything between playthroughs besides cosmetics. This also means that you don't have to play each route one by one. You can have 3 or 6 playthroughs done in parallel, and you won't miss out anything.

Edited by nocturnal YL

There are a few minor things you haven't mentioned:

- On non-story maps where you can select the music, the songs available will include ones unlocked in a previously completed file

- After beating the game, reloading that file will have the Yato in its final form, allowing the player to use it outside the Endgame

A little correction: Ratings do transfer. But you need to update your data once first. It seems that all save files share this information, and it's actually stored server-side (this should also explain why you have to keep updating the data instead of the ratings automatically incrementing whenever you visit someone else's castle). I think this means that this rating is shared across save files too, so you still don't have to do the playthroughs one by one.

I've also read from Kawaki Chatei that finishing Invisible Kingdom will unlock all castle styles for the other two routes.

- After beating the game, reloading that file will have the Yato in its final form, allowing the player to use it outside the Endgame

​I think this trick is done by simply returning to My Castle after viewing the Chapter 27 intro. Does proceeding to beat the game without returning also work, or is this simply a variation of what I described?

Edited by nocturnal YL

What can you do with the five characters that you choose to put in the Supporter Logbook? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't really know what it's for. Can they be recruited in a new game? If so, how soon can the be recruited?

• Your greeting cards will be updated to reflect your progress. If you have cleared Nohr at Lunatic, the Nohr insignia will be coloured gold.

I just want to make sure that I have the right/wrong idea about this.

For example, if I have completed Nohr on Hard, Hoshido on Lunatic and then I'm using my data from Normal IK as my My Castle data, does that mean that on my greeting card it will have my progress for Nohr, Hoshido and IK presented?

Edited by Mox

I can confirm that:

​I think this trick is done by simply returning to My Castle after viewing the Chapter 27 intro. Does proceeding to beat the game without returning also work, or is this simply a variation of what I described?

It's just a variation. Either beating the game or backing out of Chapter 27 and saving afterwards works.

What can you do with the five characters that you choose to put in the Supporter Logbook? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't really know what it's for. Can they be recruited in a new game? If so, how soon can the be recruited?

You can do the same thing as you can with any other unit you get into the logbook by other means. They can be recruited in other save files as soon as you get access to My Castle, assuming you can pay the amount of gold required depending on how powerful the unit is.

Also worth noting that adding characters by beating Endgame allows you to get access to and buy any skill they have learned rather than just the ones they have equipped, unlike units you get from visiting MCs for example.

I just want to make sure that I have the right/wrong idea about this.

For example, if I have completed Nohr on Hard, Hoshido on Lunatic and then I'm using my data from Normal IK as my My Castle data, does that mean that on my greeting card it will have my progress for Nohr, Hoshido and IK presented?

The badges on your card will show a gold medal for Hoshido and a silver medal for Nohr when you'll press the update button in your IK file. The game keeps tracks of paths you've beaten and on which difficulty regardless of your current playthrough (I'm guessing until you wipe data in the options, since this resets your MC address). Same goes for battle/visitor rankings.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

You can do the same thing as you can with any other unit you get into the logbook by other means. They can be recruited in other save files as soon as you get access to My Castle, assuming you can pay the amount of gold required depending on how powerful the unit is.

Also worth noting that adding characters by beating Endgame allows you to get access to and buy any skill they have learned rather than just the ones they have equipped, unlike units you get from visiting MCs for example.

That sounds good. Thanks.

The badges on your card will show a gold medal for Hoshido and a silver medal for Nohr when you'll press the update button in your IK file. The game keeps tracks of paths you've beaten and on which difficulty regardless of your current playthrough (I'm guessing until you wipe data in the options, since this resets your MC address). Same goes for battle/visitor rankings.

Thanks so much for you help! :D

I believe the 'Encounter with Awakening' DLC is free, and can be used to grind on Nohr (kinda). I have no idea whether or not the difficulty scales with your progress, and will actually be of any use leveling up units in the late-game. At the very least, people can use it to level up weapon ranks and supports.

EDIT: I'm wrong here^. No EXP. Which is actually good. I'm glad you can't exploit free DLC to grind in Nohr, as that's kinda it's thing.

Edited by Deallocate

You can't do that. Not only will you not gain experience (or weapon levels, for that matter), this map is also incredibly difficult since you can only send 5 of your own units. It does scale with the progress.

EDIT - To clarify, you cannot get any experience in Nohr, DLC included, except with the Spirit Mountain DLC that's specifically made for grinding. On the flip side, if you do buy it, that map features golden Nosferatu monsters, which guarantees at least 20 experience when defeated.

Edited by nocturnal YL

You can't do that. Not only will you not gain experience (or weapon levels, for that matter), this map is also incredibly difficult since you can only send 5 of your own units. It does scale with the progress.

EDIT - To clarify, you cannot get any experience in Nohr, DLC included, except the Spirit Mountain. On the flip side, that map features golden Nosferatu monsters, which guarantees at least 20 experience when defeated.

Wait, so the gold and EXP DLC doesn't work in the Nohr path??

I'll tell you what happens after you beat the game:

Gunther retires and Female Kamui becomes his advisor.

I'm sorry, that'll never not be funny.

Hah. Forgot about that. The game truly seems to be an amazing comedy when you take a step back and look at things.