Jedi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

I don't know much about NieR but I've heard of it from some people on this forum so here you go.

NieR: Automata is a new third-person action RPG, follow-up to the 2010 cult hit NIER. Now in development in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc., the new trailer showcases the character 2B, and gives a first-look at NieR: Automata’s gameplay which features PlatinumGames’ signature action-oriented combat.

This looks interesting. I haven't played the original NieR though.

At the very least, find a video LP of the original game, because the story and music are amazing. The combat system in the original is okay, but not groundbreaking.

Nier? The game with a shemale character?

I love you.

It is also a game with a heart-crushing plot/ending. Incidentally, said shemale it a tsundere who's in love with the MC.

Dat waifu.

Speaking of plot and endings, I wonder what they will do....

Nier seems to have an ok gameplay, low grinding but a lot of going back and forth between huge areas (which.... is a terrible point, for me). But I'll still buy it if I get my hands in a PS3.

Nier seems to have an ok gameplay, low grinding but a lot of going back and forth between huge areas (which.... is a terrible point, for me). But I'll still buy it if I get my hands in a PS3.

Know Japanese? The PS3 release never made it outside of Japan, and has a different version of the MC (PS3 has bishonen teenager "Brother Nier", Xbox 360 version has middle-aged "Father Nier"; for what it's worth, most seem to prefer the latter).

At the very least, find a video LP of the original game, because the story and music are amazing. The combat system in the original is okay, but not groundbreaking.

i think you're being too nice to the gameplay though the magic system is fanastic

I love you.

It is also a game with a heart-crushing plot/ending. Incidentally, said shemale it a tsundere who's in love with the MC.

Dat waifu.

Speaking of plot and endings, I wonder what they will do....

let's not try this waifu shit on Nier okay

gameplay looks like drakengard 3 art style looks like nier. Drakengard 3 was fun, hopefully they don't have the shitty cameras.

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm excited for this and what Platinum can do for the gameplay, and it's looking better already.

Know Japanese? The PS3 release never made it outside of Japan, and has a different version of the MC (PS3 has bishonen teenager "Brother Nier", Xbox 360 version has middle-aged "Father Nier"; for what it's worth, most seem to prefer the latter).

There was an international release of a PS3 version starring Father Nier. It was only the Brother Nier version that didn't make it out.

I'm super excited. Nier is one of my favorite games.

There's an English PS3 version, but it uses daddy-o Nier.

• 7 months later...

. . .someone's gonna do a Let's Play of this. And I'm going to watch it.

Gameplay doesn't look like my thing. Graphics are a little odd, but I really love the creepy aesthetic on the boss. Music looks to be on par with the original NieR, and that makes me happy~!

I'm a huge fan of Tarou Yokoo, and I have been since I bought the first Drakengard as a wee lass, so I'm absolutely keeping an eye on this. I'm so glad his games are getting larger cult status.

• 1 month later...

giphy.gif

edit:

Press release just mentions both versions coming "Early 2017" so should (hopefully) be same date as PS4 or really close

Squeenix also released two versions of the theme song for the game

J'Nique Nicole Version

Emi Evans Version

Edited by Tonton

I hadn't been following this game at all since my interest in and ability to acquire a PS4 dropped significantly over the time since its announcement, but now that it's slated to be on Steam, I'm excited for it once more. The two different themes are pretty cool and though I prefer the Emi Evans version due to familiarity, J'Nique Nicole has a lovely voice.

e: and there's the rest of the sentence

Edited by Ambling Falchion