M!MU Ending Classes?

M!MU Finishing Class  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you end your M!MU on?

• Grandmaster
    • Paladin
    • Great Knight
    • General
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Trickster
    • Beserker
    • Warrior
    • Hero
    • Bow Knight
    • Sniper
    • Sorcerer
    • Dark Knight
    • Sage
    • War Monk
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Griffon Rider

I was wondering which class to end my M!MU (+Def -Lck/+HP -Lck) for my final run through Awakening. I will be using min exp (as much as possible). I would like to know how others have ended their M!MUs to get a general idea of what to do with him. Thanks for the help
:D:
~TSC

Is that because of the tome weilding or because of the skill Lifetaker?

It's because they have 8 Mov, good defenses, keep your weapon ranks from Grandmaster, aren't slow and have a strong Ignis. Basically they're extremely solid all-round options for Tacticians when you don't have a particular goal in mind due to being bad at nothing and having no major weaknesses.

It's because they have 8 Mov, good defenses, keep your weapon ranks from Grandmaster, aren't slow and have a strong Ignis. Basically they're extremely solid all-round options for Tacticians when you don't have a particular goal in mind due to being bad at nothing and having no major weaknesses.

Ahh, I guess that is why you suggested it for M!Morgan as well. :D: If only I had seen it sooner! Well I guess that it means that I have yet again actually learned something :D:

Yeah, Dark Knight is pretty nice, although there is one caveat to keep in mind as opposed to Grandmaster: you will give your pair-up partner (presumably your spouse) different pair-up bonuses than before.

Grandmaster has a default bonus of +2 STR, +2 MAG, +2 SKL, +2 SPD. At A/S-rank, this becomes +4 STR, +MAG, +4 SKL, +4 SPD, and if you have 30 in your stats you can get to +7 STR, +7 Mag, +7 SKL, +7 SPD, +3 Lck, +3 Def, +3 Res.

Dark Knight has a default bonus of +2 MAG, +3 DEF, +1 RES, +1 Move. At A/S-rank, this becomes +4 MAG, +5 DEF, +3 RES, +1 Move, and if you have 30 in your stats you can get to +3 Str, +7 MAG, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +8 DEF, +6 RES, +1 Move.

So basically, it trades STR/SKL/SPD bonuses for DEF/RES/Move bonus and they share a magic bonus.

Now, I tend to have my own Avatar married to a Dark Flier, so its not that bad of an issue; they appreciate those bonuses

Yeah, Dark Knight is pretty nice, although there is one caveat to keep in mind as opposed to Grandmaster: you will give your pair-up partner (presumably your spouse) different pair-up bonuses than before.

Grandmaster has a default bonus of +2 STR, +2 MAG, +2 SKL, +2 SPD. At A/S-rank, this becomes +4 STR, +MAG, +4 SKL, +4 SPD, and if you have 30 in your stats you can get to +7 STR, +7 Mag, +7 SKL, +7 SPD, +3 Lck, +3 Def, +3 Res.

Dark Knight has a default bonus of +2 MAG, +3 DEF, +1 RES, +1 Move. At A/S-rank, this becomes +4 MAG, +5 DEF, +3 RES, +1 Move, and if you have 30 in your stats you can get to +3 Str, +7 MAG, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +8 DEF, +6 RES, +1 Move.

So basically, it trades STR/SKL/SPD bonuses for DEF/RES/Move bonus and they share a magic bonus.

Now, I tend to have my own Avatar married to a Dark Flier, so its not that bad of an issue; they appreciate those bonuses

Wow I didn't think of that! Well My M!MU will be paired with Olivia!Lucina. Not sure what to do classwise with her, but I am certain that I will think of something :D:

Olivia!Lucina sounds like a heavy physical unit; Neither Chrom, Olivia, or Lucina has much mag to speak of, so you're best off just letting her just stab things in the face. I'm fond of Paladin on her, since it's 8 move, good stats, and lets her have Falchion.

If you want more pure phys options for Mamu (since I'm not sure if Lucina really appreciates the 7 mag unless you're running Levin Sword, the def/res is nice though), Berserker or Hero are good depending if you want more offense or defense, and both give speed. If it's for a story run and not postgame, I like the Paladin bonuses a lot and double the Paladin doesn't hurt either.

Olivia!Lucina sounds like a heavy physical unit;

She may have the title of highest non-Robin Str, but don't be fooled: there's very little difference between her +2 Str and +1 Mag mods, and she doesn't have room for a Faire anyway so she doesn't notice the lack of Tomefaire. While all she has to do it with is DF, Olivia!Lucina can very well go mixed.

She may have the title of highest non-Robin Str, but don't be fooled: there's very little difference between her +2 Str and +1 Mag mods, and she doesn't have room for a Faire anyway so she doesn't notice the lack of Tomefaire. While all she has to do it with is DF, Olivia!Lucina can very well go mixed.

Well i mean, postgame, sure, but if OP just wants storymode final class, then the average Chrom-Olivia-Lucina mag growths together are too shit unless you grind hardcore. I had the impression of that from min exp, but I could be misunderstanding.

OP, what do you want

Edited by Thor Odinson

Well i mean, postgame, sure, but if OP just wants storymode final class, then the average Chrom-Olivia-Lucina mag growths together are too shit unless you grind hardcore. I had the impression of that from min exp, but I could be misunderstanding.

OP, what do you want

:XD: Well I was intending to do a lot of grinding with Lucina and min exp for M!MU because for some stupid reason I always end up leveling my MUs up quickly. I had a look at Olivia!Lucina and let me tell you that it is almost as bad as Maiden!Lucina, however this is the price that I am willing to pay for a no Sumia as Lucina's mother. Because I really hate Cynthia with blue hair *gags*

Besides I haven't looked into all of the classes so I don't know their pros and cons just yet :D: I wanted to see which was the most common ending class for M!MU and work out for myself where I wanted him. I am ending my F!MU as a sorcerer for purely fun reasons (and just to see her eat Validar's magic with her awesome res). When it comes to M!MU though...all thoughts are out the window because I haven't played with the M!MU that much. That and it will be my last run for a while :D:

ETA: I'm also benching Olivia and Inigo for this run...completely. I will still get Inigo and will be training Olivia for Lucina, but after that the dancer is benched.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Well, MUs have the veteran skill, so it's expected that they level fast; they get 1.5 x more exp than normal units given they're paired up.

Depends on just how much you want to grind Lucina, then. She'd likely cap some combo of Str/Skl/Spd first, with Def being lower and Mag likely taking the longest. If you're really insistent on magic Lucina, you can go the full way with Dark Flier, but it'll take a lot more grinding than if you do Physical Lucina.

But if you're grinding her anyway, go Great Knight first to pick up Luna. She doesn't want to stay in GK, so get Luna out of the way first. Then you can go whichever way you like her to go.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Well, MUs have the veteran skill, so it's expected that they level fast; they get 1.5 x more exp than normal units given they're paired up.

Depends on just how much you want to grind Lucina, then. She'd likely cap some combo of Str/Skl/Spd first, with Def being lower and Mag likely taking the longest. If you're really insistent on magic Lucina, you can go the full way with Dark Flier, but it'll take a lot more grinding than if you do Physical Lucina.

But if you're grinding her anyway, go Great Knight first to pick up Luna. She doesn't want to stay in GK, so get Luna out of the way first. Then you can go whichever way you like her to go.

I suppose the best way to go about slowing the growth of the M!MU then is to take away veteran (at chapter 3) or have him at the back (I did really well to slow F!MU's growth that way with Chrom in front of her and grew support with them as well :D:). Those would be some great options. I think that I will have M!MU behind Lucina for her own benifit (once he starts to give her good bonuses of course) I might even have to sit M!MU out of a few maps to keep the levels level.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

If you take away veteran he grows like a normal unit, so you don't need to further restrict his exp.

But front-back switching is a good technique to even out levels.

That's what I do normally. I figured it out a while back and have used it as a standard tactic since :D:

The question pertains to M!Robin more so than F!Robin, but thanks for the suggestion :D:

Heh! I am just now playing M!Robin for the first time. He'll probably end up a Dark Knight too.

It really depends on what Difficulty you are playing.

I'm playing Lunatic+ and when it comes to counter :Soldier: ,archers help a lot.

I'm going to do a normal run (but that said I might do a hard run, we'll see). I almost killed F!MU trying to do a hard run and have been reluctant to go there ever since.