Make a Fun Chapter 3: It's over!

ghast

almost done for testing, need to add the carefully crafted enemies/play test it and its ready to go.

time to explain what the hack is to generate some hype for the demo

-100 turn defense mission in a big ass castle.

- Rampaging dragon and sorrowful healing golem

- Infinite Ballista's, fight hard to defend them or the enemy will have some new toys to tear you a new asshole.

- Some very important people are touring the castle. keep them alive and each one supplies you with troops and money.

- whats in one of the 3 chests? 3 words, infinite bolting tome!

- Weapons have been redone to an extent. weaker weapons run out faster making strong weapons very desirable and plenty of ways to get them from killing stronger enemies. No "iron weapon everything" here.

- 3 recommended savestates every 25 turns. Only the bold would attempt this savestateless because...

- Waves get progressively harder to bat shit insane in the dark pouring rain. Can you hold out till the last turn?

EDIT: also forgot, still deciding on this, flyers can fly over walls. Might add a new layer of strategy to defense missions.

Edited by MrNight48

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost done for testing, need to add the carefully crafted enemies/play test it and its ready to go.

Have you already found playtesters for this? If not, then I'd be willing to play test for you.

mine's still in development, it still hasn't crashed, which is a good sign.

synopsis:

you have 5 units, each of which has an extremely defined role, as follows:

tank

caster

healer

glass cannon

xp leecher

you have 30 turns to fight your way through 3 rooms, which will spawn reinforcements each turn to impede your progress. Chests containing promotion items and other items to make your units have additional utility will be given as well. Defeat the boss to achieve victory. All your weapons have infinite uses, except for one, for obvious reasons.

now if I can just figure out how to get the damn boss to stand still...

Mine is super-duper easy, you practically have to try to lose! (。・ ω<)ゞ☆

(granted only the first quarter of the chapter exists for now, but still!)

(That was my thought upon seeing MrNight48's post though, but, well, we'll see~)

Have you already found playtesters for this? If not, then I'd be willing to play test for you.

nope so I will send you message once it's ready.

really hoping these aren't going to end up ragefesty lol

Ragefest has stricter rules on what I can throw at the player. This however gives me far more creative power on what I do as long as it's fun. hehehehehe

hahahahahahahahaha

AH AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA H AH HA

there is a distinct possibility i may not finish in time

*checks schedule, sees finals coming up*

yep not finishing in time.

plus, looking back on my chapter concept, doesn't appear that it's going to be all that fun. Sure, extremely defined roles is interesting, but is it fun game design...?

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

What if we had that obligatory one week extension?

I'm sure I can finish in time regardless but an extra week would allow for some extra bits.

I agree with this, more time to add art stuff otherwise mine will most likely be dialogue and gameplay.

I am still balancing the waves of enemies because I now realized I have to admit big maps sucks mega hairless balls. I have tried to come up with good ways to make a big map fun to play in but honestly they are just terrible terrible to work with. It is to the point I am going to re-tweak the early game to make the pacing flow better. Hopefully I can have a demo out today or tomorrow because it is not going to meet the deadline at this rate.

Edited by MrNight48

Maybe a poll should go up, if not two? Like, one for "how much time do you need", and one for "how much time could you use"? Because for example, at my current pace, I could probably have 'something' done by one week, but two weeks sounds like, if nothing weird happens (which is very possible, but...) I could have a moderately polished chapter. Of course infinity time would be nice, but that's obviously not really viable lol

What could be more romantic than working on a FE game~

(given modern FE, that actually sounds accurate)

(seriously though that sounds pretty fair, it's a good-sized extension but not so long people will lose track of it or lose worktime to Fates)

Edited by 47948201