Make a Fun Chapter 3: It's over!

ghast

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get ready for another MAFC! I've watched every single submission for the previous MAFCs in preparation. Will Tequila retain his crown? Will I get revenge for last time? Can Circles wizard the win to him, or can Zim use his track record to his advantage? Maybe Pwntagonist will slip through and steal the victory? There's only one way to find out, and that's... wait patiently until Ghast gets the videos ready. Playing chapters and editing videos and real life take time, after all.

Update! 

I've played through and recorded Darrman's, Tequila's and Zim's entries for MAFC.

I'll get through the final 2 within the next couple days.

Really enjoyed what I've played so far. Kudos!

Unfortunately, it seems that Ghast did not receive the final version of the patch, but rather the penultimate version. Most likely my dropbox didn't synch in time. One of the things I fixed in the last version is the Entrap staff's description; I was originally planning an easter egg achievement if you tried to entrap the boss, but didn't have time to implement it.

Some other things touched upon in the video I want to address:
- The experience formulas are untouched from vanilla. Therefore, while promoted units will get more exp from fighting other promoted units, they won't get much more for fighting unpromoted units.
- The lag after moving a character is because there are two AFEV events being run (to display the Ma Sacree Toux/Rob 'Em Blind achievements). Sorry if this is annoying.
- The 40 turn limit on Speed King was basically a guesstimate; if you're trying to get all achievements in one run, it might be rather difficult without savestates.
- Provoke does not affect your units at all (I did contemplate the idea, but decided against it because I'm lazy and it's kind of a dick move).

Here is a link to download the submission if you want to try it yourself. Let me know what you think!

And in case this is the first time you've heard about my FE Chess hybrid, here is a link to that, too.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k96dwe4v2i6xf0/The Burdened Advance.ups?dl=0

I agree with Ghast in some points, disagree in some others. I strongly agree that we could have done more with open-layout setups. We were working with a new, untested idea and this is the direction I thought to go in. Clearly it could have been better, but hey, I tried something unique. I have a lot more to say, but I think I'll wait until after the contest.

Side note: Final boss room didn't work because the enemy number capped at 50. Enemies are supposed to spawn from all the staircases, making for a difficult to maneuver room, with powerful enemies closing in from the four corners. 

Edited by Pwntagonist

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5f2kp95c1h2inw/MAFC3.zip

Here's the download for my submission. As the readme says, apply to an FE1 rom with the English patch. And when the sound room appears at the end, that is where you press Select in order to see the rest of the ending. Have fun!

Get your patch here (FE8)

Post your high scores

There would have been more talk events and stuff but time ran out oh well

EDIT: It's come to my attention that the version Ghast got has some glitches, most notably with the Secret Character and the Cannot Double Effect not working properly. This linked version fixes both of those errors.

Edited by circleseverywhere

On 4.3.2017 at 5:58 AM, circleseverywhere said:

Get your patch here (FE8)

Post your high scores

There would have been more talk events and stuff but time ran out oh well

EDIT: It's come to my attention that the version Ghast got has some glitches, most notably with the Secret Character and the Cannot Double Effect not working properly. This linked version fixes both of those errors.

Is it possible to have a link for the map music? I tried the sound room but only managed to find the defense theme.

15 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Took me a while to recognise it. It's Gaiden final map theme. Gaiden's version is in the Music on the main site. Now where to find it's remix used in the hack?

It's either ripped from VGMusic or Circles did it himself