I just had the trippiest FE related dream ever

Irysa

I'm still reeling from it.

Okay so, I still havent played Jugdral FE, including FE4 (waiting on bookofholsety's reTL), but I had a dream it was finished and I was playing it. Sounds simple enough right?

WRONG

The first time I booted up the emu, things were very standard FE fare. I had a foot lord, 2 pegs, 1 paladin, 2 cavaliers and a fighter, and there was a river to the north along with a village and 2 enemies across the river. I sent the pegs across the water to kill the enemies, and had the lord visit.

This is where things start getting strange.

Instead of the usual sequence of conversation > item from a village, I instead entered the village controlling the lord, in typical RPG (or FE gaiden) style. And the village was like some really rich modern suburban mansion that had 3 screens worth of scrolling around the entrance. I go "what the fuck", exit the area, then some princess or whoever is travelling with me gets on a boat and cross the river and the game blacks out. I reset the emu, and then some PS1 Final Fantasy esque CGI starts up as an introduction to the game. I go "what the fuck, this is a SNES game" and get even more freaked out when the intro starts including FF summons and characters in it (in particular, what the fuck is Vaan doing there). Then it sequences into some musical segment that is FULLY VOICE ACTED involving a princess in her castle. I go show this to a friend I have who is an FE4 nut, and he's equally as baffled as I am. Then he freaks out and is like "omg dude, this totally explains and fleshed out this one part of the plot I didn't get" or something like that. Then there's some flashback segment in the CGI where she's a little girl and an older man who appears to be the girl's brother helps her scare away a giant ice dragon with magic (or something). Then the view returns back to the castle, where two soldiers suddenly physically restrain her and they rant at each other, then some prince looking dude busts in and kills the soldiers and jumps out the window holding the girl, where they get grabbed by the two pegasus knights mentioned before.

Then the previous gameplay thing occurs, except instead of blacking out, the camera angle has swapped to a regular 3d RPG world map, I'm controlling a CAR and suddenly it's nighttime and there are enemies in cars and shit all over the place. I turned around and shot at enemy cars trying to cross the river via the ship, then I gave up since the reinforcements were endless and shot the ship to stop them coming after me. Then I drove around on the road before I went into a field because enemy cars were on the road, then I pulled into another village where some sneaking segment started up that played like MGSV. The environment was a very modern suburban area. Then I got to some QTE segment where I had to stop a kid from running into the road and getting hit by a truck that I got on my first try.

After that I woke up and had to make sure I wasn't still fucking dreaming, then I immediately got to writing this down to maintain the memory of it.

There's no way the real FE4 can top this.

I wish I could remember my trippy dreams as well, but this is amazing

you could make a game out of it and it'd be considered a cult classic and goty

• 2 weeks later...