Series 3, 4, and 5 Card Preview

Hardin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess that series 6 will be FE7 and maybe 4. An expansion to Elibe with new characters, and a new faction like the other series have introduced. .

I think that's likely, I could see it being Elibe and IK again though.

That means every faction would have 100 card from the booster sets (except for PoR/RD as they lost a spot to Priam). After set 4, if it's a 50/50 split between Awak/Nmoe it will be 100 Red/101 Blue/75 White/75 Black/49 Green. Then 99 Green and 50 Orange (using that as a tentative Elibe color) after Set 5.

The problem I see with doing another Fates set, is that there are only a couple characters without cards, the only standard Fates characters without cards are Izana, Asyura, Scarlet, Yukimura, and Fuga. Unless they made cards for the capturable units like Llewelyn and Nacht (which would be awesome BTW) there would be tons of repeat cards.

They could just fit those cards into other series like what they did with Priam. I just want a Scarlet card, though. I wanna complete my Ryouma harem

I really can't wait for FE4/5 though. Judgral is my favorite.

Roy and Micaiah both look pretty sweet. Is Micaiah another Senri Kita card? Looks her style.

That Micaiah was directly behind the spot where Senri Kita sat while signing papers at West and looks like it's hers. I'd give it a 95% or so yes.

Hardin was behind Daisuke Izuka, the Marth that's being used on the booster package was behind Sachiko Wada, and the new Ogma was behind Mayo.

I'd say the Hardin looks like Izuka drew it, and the Marth really looks like Wada drew it. The Ogma was a bit different, but that may be because Mayo has drawn so many female cards. What will be behind Kozaki and Kurosawa at East?

How big was the turnout to Cipher Fes West? It looks pretty large in the twitter page so I thought that was a good sign about the game's health.

Edited by Draxal

I haven't been to any other card game events, but it seemed like a decent turnout to me. The free battle area was nearly, but not quite, entirely full every time I went to battle, so I'd guess it was about what the Cipher staff expected when they set it up. Needed more play mats for sale, though.

Thanks for the input. My one guess for the lack of playmats, is that it's actually kinda easy to get good ones printed for yourself, so I guess Int Sys understimated demand.

Of course there's bound to be some recycling, but having a set with only 5 new characters would be a very hard sell.

Well there's some other new characters they could use Hans/Gans; Garon, Iago, MacBeth. There's also people wanting to buy cards to buff up their white/black decks.

The one problem with a theoretical FE4/7 set is that what voice actors would you use to sign the cards? If they did 7/IK you could prop that up with Takumi and Leo's voice actors and have the best selling set in the game.

Edited by Draxal

There's an American that frequents my local shop tournament. He had a custom Cipher mat made. The serious card game guys were shocked by it. I don't think custom mats are a thing here, to be honest.

There's an American that frequents my local shop tournament. He had a custom Cipher mat made. The serious card game guys were shocked by it. I don't think custom mats are a thing here, to be honest.

Fair enough, I wish this stuff had a more general release as well (especially the Comiket Dox player box set ... spent a pretty penny on the other one but I have my limits).

Thanks for the input. My one guess for the lack of playmats, is that it's actually kinda easy to get good ones printed for yourself, so I guess Int Sys understimated demand.

Well there's some other new characters they could use Hans/Gans; Garon, Iago, MacBeth. There's also people wanting to buy cards to buff up their white/black decks.

The one problem with a theoretical FE4/7 set is that what voice actors would you use to sign the cards? If they did 7/IK you could prop that up with Takumi and Leo's voice actors and have the best selling set in the game.

They're going to run into that problem with series 5 anyway. Outside of Roy, no other character from his game has a voice actor, the same with 7 and Lyn.

Ena2 is from Set3, it's been on the wiki for a while with Vince's quality scan and everything.

Ah, haven't seen it before. Never mind then.

When looking at a card that you haven't seen before always check the ID number, or to be precise the ''B/PXX'' part as this tells you which set the card is from, basically nowadays if it's ''B/P04/5'' it's new.

Booster box promos will most likely be the card art from RD and FnT for both Roy and Micaiah, just like it was for the Corrins/Ike/Tsubasa and Itsuki before hand. The posted art is probably going to be set 5 cards.

Edited by Draxal