How did you picture the "Dark God" before...

Dragoncat

...you saw Yune? I think I pictured this big evil looking giant, kinda like the titans in Attack on Titan. I haven't watched that anime but I've seen pictures of the titans and they're pretty accurate to what I thought.

Also, what did you think Ashera looked like? I had a very close guess. I pictured something similar to Greek/Roman goddesses. Woman with long flowing hair in an elaborate dress, only thing I had wrong is that the dress isn't white.

I thought it'd be something gross like Duma in Gaiden, monstrous like Fomortiis in The Sacred Stones or a stock dark dragon. But honestly I had no idea what to expect.

Never thought Ashera would actually appear, so I had no image in mind for her.

Really glad they subverted those expectations.

This. I like Yune, the cute little girl who's the goddess of chaos, better than some run of the mill big evil monster. And her and Ashera remind me a bit of mythology. I'm the most familiar with the Greek/Roman variety, and the gods/goddesses quarrel a lot. Pretty sure it's that way with Egyptian and Norse and etc too. But just the whole "my sister wasn't supposed to begin the world cleansing thing without my input, now I'm mad at her" screams the interactions that Greek gods/goddesses had with each other.

Honestly...I never imagined the dark god having a physical being and was more just an evil entity, it's essence being captured inside the medallion.

I always thought the dark god would rise and take control of Ashnard through the medallion just due to the evil look he had and his motives. I wasn't really happy with how it turned out to be Ashera that was the final boss and Yune was on our side, I think it would have been much cooler if it got to Part IV - E-4 and Sephiran was the final boss. I mean I think it could work, having Sephiran dramatically reveal he was infact Lehran or Ike slowly came to realize it after his fight with Zelgius. As for being the final boss, Lehran becoming the embodiment for the Dark God and was controlled that way. I just think it would be kind of ironic, Yune blessing Ike's Ragnell to help strike down the man who sealed her in the medallion :P.

...Much better than the boss fight we get with him where he just stands there with his Tomb and pretty much just falls over and kisses the floor once you take out his barriers.

Ashera just looked really bland too, no emotion or anything like that and I never felt really excited or into the story at that point like I did with Path of Radiance. When Ashnard touched the medallion on hard mode and transformed for a second beatdown, I was excited and scared at the same time. I mean look at this brute!

4427ded097.png

Edited by ClLoulD

Honestly ? I expected them to not appear. Not even something similar to FE8, where btw, you don't even fight the real thing, no, I really expecting them to not be there. At all.

I would have preferred it stayed that way.

Edited by B.Leu

Honestly ? I expected them to not appear. Not even something similar to FE8, where btw, you don't even fight the real thing, no, I really expecting them to not be there. At all.

I would have preferred it stayed that way.

What makes you think that you "don't even fight the real thing" in FE8?

What makes you think that you "don't even fight the real thing" in FE8?

At the start of the battle, the demon king's soul is sealed inside of the last Sacred Stone. which seem to weakens him. In fact, If I remember correctly, it is stated that sealing his soul is an absolute must to have a chance to win.

I might be wrong though, it's been a while after all.

Edited by B.Leu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I imagined the 'Dark God' was a gigantic brute who towered up at twelve stories tall, clad in armor of pitch-black steel, with dark blue flames forming his hair, sparks issuing forth from his mouth with every word he spoke, and the world around him twisting and dying with each and every step he took. A monster whose mere presence could alter the tide of battles he wasn't even aware were happening simply from the sheer terror of his image.

As for Ashera...

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/halfminutehero/images/c/c1/SUDA_MEGAMI.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120212183740

Well, minus the hour glass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

I played Radiant Dawn first and spoiled myself on the hints in Path of Radiance when I went back to play it. :>_<:

0/10 would not recommend.

Ouch! Glad I didn't do that. Not necessarily for that particular plot point, but the whole story pretty much assumes you've played PoR. I'd imagine it's not the same game when you don't have that attachment to a large part of the cast.

Just now, Heptade said:

Ouch! Glad I didn't do that. Not necessarily for that particular plot point, but the whole story pretty much assumes you've played PoR. I'd imagine it's not the same game when you don't have that attachment to a large part of the cast.

Yeah... I couldn't stand those Dawn Brigade losers. And Sothe's dumb face. I crippled myself because I overused Sothe in the first few chapters so he sucked up all the experience that the Dawn Brigade should have gotten, so I had so much trouble beating Part I (didn't help that I was playing on Hard Mode, because of the damn localizers changing the names...)

The Greil Mercenaries were a breath of fresh air, to say the least. Love those guys, and it was odd going back and seeing them three years before they all became ultimate badasses, haha. And at least a lot of the plot of POR was referenced in RD, so I wasn't completely lost.

• 2 months later...