SF makes a FE8 Tier List - Round 2 (Post 27)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tana

Innes

Gerik

Tethys

Saleh

Cormag

Duessel

Tana joins in Ch.9 on both routes, like you already said she's not affected by the route split. Not in a relevant fashion at least. Gerik and Tethys have a bit less availability on Ephraim's route I think but I don't think that it'd end up making an actual difference on a tier list. So it's really just Innes, Saleh, Cormag and Duessel that are affected.

It's really not a lot of work to make different entries for 4 characters.

For the purpose of this list, Cormag is getting recruited (and is better than Tana so she'll still probably promote late) so i'd actually argue that she's better on Ephraim rout since there are more flier friendly maps even with a chapter less of avalibility.

Edited by General Horace

I think Tana would end up better than Cormag if you're recruiting everyone because that's more time for her to build levels (especially if it's just efficient and not absolute LTC, because then she'd be able to gain a lot of levels in the uh...map where you get L'Arachel).

I don't think there's enough of a difference to warrant two entries. We'll probably end up with something like Eph!Tana being a spot above or below Eir!Tana. It's not like Innes who's a solid unit in one route and total filler in the other.

For the purpose of this list, Cormag is getting recruited (and is better than Tana so she'll still probably promote late) so i'd actually argue that she's better on Ephraim rout since there are more flier friendly maps even with a chapter less of avalibility.

He's only getting recruited for the purpose of giving a rating to him specifically on this list; the list, to my knowledge, doesn't force everyone to recruit Cormag on an Eir route PT.

Tethys probably doesn't require two entries, dancer with less availability is still dancer, and she'd probably only move by one place. She's free on drafts anyways, so I doubt it matters much. The only units that are affected enough to warrant two entries are Innes, Saleh, Cormag, Gerik, and Duessel.

I like Refa's approach. I'll extend this round a bit so that we have time to decide which units get two entries, since we're getting to the point where route split characters (Tethys, Saleh and Cormag) are up for potential best candidates.

Marisa and Franz are pretty much locked in for their ranks so the extra time likely won't matter. Dual entries won't take effect until the next round for simplicity's sake.

Edited by Chicken Doof

Adjustments (more like adjustment, just clarifying its Eph Cormag)

3/2/1

Best

Franz > Eph!Cormag > Tethys

Worst

Marisa > L'Arachel > Rennac

Edited by Irysa

Tana is never better than Cormag. Eph!Cormag is like what, 4th best unit in the game, probably your best unit after promotion? And Eir!Tana is like arguable vs Eph!Cormag.

Oh, I just realized I was a complete moron and forgot about Cormag. Yeah, changed him to Ephraim!Cormag because while Eirika!Cormag is still pretty good (if we're not punishing him for his recruitment), he doesn't really hold a candle to the former.

• 2 months later...

In my opinion it is

Best Units

Ephraim +3

Lute +2

Franz +1

On my last playtrough I got blessed with Lute,and every time Ephraim becomes amazing.And franz is also doing well his job

Worst Units

Moulder +3

Eirika +2

Neimi +1

I am not joking,once I had a level 8 Eirika with 4 of strength,so I don't like her anymore.Moulder is because I never used him,because he is so poorly designed.And Neimi became very bad in one of my playthrougs.

My tier list is realy strange,but I am realy randomized by all fire embem games

• 4 weeks later...

Time to join the flock

Best:

+3 Ross (Trainees do take a while to train but Ross can become a demi god early on)

+2 Seth (For being Seth)

+1 Joshua (part of me says bias but he has done so much for many in quite some playthroughs and he is overall well loved so he comes in)

Worst

-1 Tethys (Does not have much special stuff compared to other refreshers like Ninian and Feena)

-2 Knoll (purely stat wise, Knoll is worthless but his salvage from the bottom is that his summons are pretty good if you use them well)

-3 Amelia (At least Ewan comes with a Fire tome and Ross with his throwable hatchet, what does Amelia have? A slim lance, she also does not know what role she wants to be that other characters (Franz, Forde, Kyle, Seth, Gilliam and Duessel) can do so much better.)

Poor Tethys, all she can do is increase other unit's mobility, allow multiple warp/restore/physic/rescue staff uses and let your strongest units attack multiple times in a turn. Can't hold a candle to godly units like Syrene and Forde.

I'm going to assume that my opinions from TYOOL 2011ish are still basically correct in what seems to be a fairly casual, easy-going thing? If this is a serious debate topic or sth then feel free to strike all these off, kind of hard to tell from the last page

anyway;

BEST

3 pts to Seth No explanation required.

2 pts to Franz All these goddamn early knights, man. Franz is just really good at everything from the start.

1 pts to Ephraim I get the sense this is probably a Wrong Opinion, but having a lord who can actually fight really well isn't something to sniff at.

WORST

1 pts to Neimi Everything she can do, someone else besides the bottom two can do better. At least she manages to be average in some stats, and ranging between below-average to awful in everything else.

2 pts to Amelia Pains me, but, I mean... she sort of... can't fight? At all? That's a bad thing.

3 pts to Ewan what is he for why is he in this video game

Poor Tethys, all she can do is increase other unit's mobility, allow multiple warp/restore/physic/rescue staff uses and let your strongest units attack multiple times in a turn. Can't hold a candle to godly units like Syrene and Forde.

You barely need a dancer since FE8 is so easy so Tethys lose some points to me. Also any other dancer can do that, they just do better. But because I will have an angry army coming after me switch Tethys with Moulder (L'Arachel and Natasha can do better than him)

You barely need a dancer since FE8 is so easy so Tethys lose some points to me. Also any other dancer can do that, they just do better. But because I will have an angry army coming after me switch Tethys with Moulder (L'Arachel and Natasha can do better than him)

FE8 is so easy that we intentionally slow down to grind L'Arachel and Natasha?

Dancers do exactly the same thing in every FE game. Tethys isn't any exception to the rule (except that she could exist for a little while longer).