FE4 Maximum Map Size

Lamia

Featuring 'Around Grandbell in 5 Seconds or Less'

(linked because of the 11MB file size)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1k4fsadrs4n0aps/fe4map-4080b.gif

I held the right button the entire time, with Y after a few seconds and then kept holding it while I held the speed throttle button, and I left the ZSNES clock on for a real-time account

would have recorded a video instead but I don't have a video capturer and ZSNES's recorder doesn't record in real-time (unless you guys really WANT five minutes of scrolling)

from this I learned that FE4 does not support more than a 64x64 map (which is all maps except the prologue) but I had to take a looksee for myself, as the limit goes to 4080x4080

alas! world-sized maps are still out of our grasp (unless I missed something)

Edited by Lamia

Featuring 'Around Grandbell in 5 Seconds or Less'

(linked because of the 11MB file size)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1k4fsadrs4n0aps/fe4map-4080b.gif

I held the right button the entire time, with Y after a few seconds and then kept holding it while I held the speed throttle button, and I left the ZSNES clock on for a real-time account

would have recorded a video instead but I don't have a video capturer and ZSNES's recorder doesn't record in real-time (unless you guys really WANT five minutes of scrolling)

from this I learned that FE4 does not support more than a 64x64 map (which is all maps except the prologue) but I had to take a looksee for myself, as the limit goes to 4080x4080

alas! world-sized maps are still out of our grasp (unless I missed something)

Wait. I'm a little confused about exactly what you did. Did you just increase the "size" data of Final without inserting a larger map? If so, how can you distinguish that behavior from the game reading other data simly because it went off the end of the "final" map and started reading other stuff as map, in which case it would still be okay to insert a larger map.

Wait. I'm a little confused about exactly what you did. Did you just increase the "size" data of Final without inserting a larger map? If so, how can you distinguish that behavior from the game reading other data simly because it went off the end of the "final" map and started reading other stuff as map, in which case it would still be okay to insert a larger map.

okay well I increased the size, but there's no option to make a larger map than 64x64 in the map editor, so I just went with the above

the map does loop for quite a while when moving horizontally, but not vertically, which it runs into random data > tileset > lots of random data > regular map, repeat

unfortunately another problem crops up as well, units cannot move past a certain point depending on the chapter, which they are stopped by invisible walls, and proper ones, not like the event walls, and I'm unsure where to find that data

those invisible walls are necessary to prevent units moving outside of the camera's borders to get somewhere, as I've had to deal with that in my own project and its smaller maps by putting up makeshift borders

oh and also scrolling right past the normal limit can cause cursor weirdness too

Edited by Lamia