FE8 RR Draft

General Horace

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Knoll/Kyle, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.
3. Syrene is banned from all use.
4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Syrene has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter.

Teams:
eclipse: Cormag, Rennac, Ephraim, Innes, Moulder, Vanessa, Eirika

Skellow: Duessel, Gerik, L'Arachel, Ross, Dozla, Franz, Gilliam

Horace: Amelia, Saleh, Natasha, Lute, Marisa, Garcia, Seth

Icemario: Ewan, Tana, Forde, Artur, Neimi, Joshua, Colm

ignore the horrible unit list i copied it right from this google doc if you want to look at who replaces who: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FUsdfjXfdIlkCydWr9FmuKSFJLU3xkHf2wU1u-3bHJc/edit#gid=0

Also the patch:https://www.sendspace.com/file/knvjfd

Something to note is Knoll sucks dick early so it might be a good idea to free Syrene for a couple of chapters, but it really devalues early picks like Rennac and Duessel.

I also honestly forget if the patched altered Ephraim's and Eirika's promotion items, if they didn't, I can make a fix patch that gives them a promo item in their starting inventory or make them promote with a knight's crest or hero crest or something.

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check the promotion items shortly, I just need to load a save where I have the crests, then if I need to change anything I'll upload a new patch. I actually recall Seth's stats being wrong in the old patch too, so I'll check that as well.

Just tested Ephraim at least, it appears that he doesn't promote with any crest, so i'll fix that and upload a new patch shortly. Should he be a knight crest or hero crest?

also picking order

37388d7c74c2ea0951405d6bdff441ee.png

EDIT: Since it's easier I'm just going to make some chests contain promotion items instead. The Chapter 11 Eirika Restore Staff is now a Solar Brace (Ephraim's promo item) and the boss of Chapter 12 Ephraim drops one as well. Eirika comes with her own promotion item since she shows up so late anyway.

Edited by General Horace

Amelia

also here's a patch with Ephraim's promo items and Eirika promo items actually existing before chapter 16 https://www.sendspace.com/file/knvjfd

I'm pretty sure Knoll and Kyle can still promote to Ephraim/Eirika Lords if you promote them at the event, but Kyle loses a point of movement so it might not be worth it for him. I think Knoll can still hilariously use dark magic and staves, so it might be cool for him.

Edited by General Horace

True but it's less fun using somebody else's team, even if I would have made the picks. But I might just take your team just cause you said that :p. Or I'll ghost run the Dorcas team that the guy never started in the sadistic draft. Or maybe both if I'm really bored.

Anyway, good luck you guys, and unless Knoll got buffed (or the reverse recruitment is different than with the randomizer where Knoll using Luna gets brutally murdered), prologue will be impossible without Syrene. I know cause I decided to see what it's like before I even saw this topic.

Edit: it's became kinda because my phone hates me!

Edited by TempestStorm