147 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is next?

• FE1/11
    • FE3/12
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE9
    • FE10

Hey ghast, this is a reminder to go play Tales of the Abyss. THAT'S WHO FUCKING BUILDS A CITY IN A CRATER!

Anyway, I'd like to see Revelations. IMO it's worse than Conquest. By a lot.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ghast, this is a reminder to go play Tales of the Abyss. THAT'S WHO FUCKING BUILDS A CITY IN A CRATER!

Oh yes, I agree with this. At least with Conquest and Birthrout, you can SEE where a good story could come from if the writers had any fucking talent, but Revelations was just like "fuck it, we know you want everything at once, so here take it thanks to very illogical reasons".

Oh yes, I agree with this. At least with Conquest and Birthrout, you can SEE where a good story could come from if the writers had any fucking talent, but Revelations was just like "fuck it, we know you want everything at once, so here take it thanks to very illogical reasons".

While they are both bad, I still think Conquest takes the cake. Conquest is what happens when the protagonist is given a plethora of options and somehow they always choose the dumbest option. If Conquest were a D&D game, the conversation would go:

Kamui's player: And then I support Garon's invasion of Hoshido.

DM: You can't do that, you're a lawful good character....

Kamui: Trust me, this is for the good of everyone.

DM: You know what, fine. On the way to invading Hoshido the group enters a cave. Rocks fall and everyone dies. The end.

Revelation is just "404: Story not found".

I do agree that Conquest could have been a great story if the writers had any talent. Too bad we can't praise a game for what we hoped it would have been.

While they are both bad, I still think Conquest takes the cake. Conquest is what happens when the protagonist is given a plethora of options and somehow they always choose the dumbest option. If Conquest were a D&D game, the conversation would go:

Kamui's player: And then I support Garon's invasion of Hoshido.

DM: You can't do that, you're a lawful good character....

Kamui: Trust me, this is for the good of everyone.

DM: You know what, fine. On the way to invading Hoshido the group enters a cave. Rocks fall and everyone dies. The end.

Revelation is just "404: Story not found".

I do agree that Conquest could have been a great story if the writers had any talent. Too bad we can't praise a game for what we hoped it would have been.

Fair enough, I just personally enjoyed Conquest more than Rev, but I'm aware that's an unpopular opinion. Hell, my opinion towards Conquest's story in general is highly unpopular. I do think it's bad, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the fanbase has made it out to be.

Fair enough, I just personally enjoyed Conquest more than Rev, but I'm aware that's an unpopular opinion. Hell, my opinion towards Conquest's story in general is highly unpopular. I do think it's bad, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the fanbase has made it out to be.

To Conquest's credit, I did at least want to finish it. Between Revelation's tedious maps and un-engaging story, it was really a struggle to keep playing. Besides the multiplayer aspect, Revelation is the only route I would suggest people avoid buying.

After Radiant Dawn, I'd like to see Ghast do the rest of Fates.

Agreed. Revelations is like "WTF are you doing?"

Hoshido is a snoozefest, and Conquest is like "I get what you're trying to do but..."

The worst part is that even in Revelations "happy ending", some characters die in some extremely random and dissapointing ways, while one of them gets to live for whatever reason (Even if I like that character!).

BR plot feels rather generic, but that's not really a bad thing considering FE CAN work with simole story telling. Sadly, it still is rather boring, but it's better than the gigantic mess that CQ and Revelations bring

I wonder if he'll make fun of the Tellius series or if he'll praise them...maybe a mix of both? I personally (as you can tell from my avatar) LOVE those games! While I haven't played fates, I'll probably enjoy it less than the Tellius series as, since I like good stories in my games, something that is infamous for it's shitty storytelling probably won't entertain me that much.

Edited by Dinar87

I actually like Revelations's story, but whatever.

Personally, I think it is the most interesting out of the 3, or at least I think it had potential, but I don't think it is well written. And it was even less fun to play in my opinion.

I wonder if he'll make fun of the Tellius series or if he'll praise them...maybe a mix of both? I personally (as you can tell from my avatar) LOVE those games! While I haven't played fates, I'll probably enjoy it less than the Tellius series as, since I like good stories in my games, something that is infamous for it's shitty storytelling probably won't entertain me that much.

Dude's favorite game in the series is FE2, and he tore that one a new one so...

I'm sorry, but to be honest, I couldn't get thru all of this one. Yes, Conquest's story is shit, but I honestly believe it's been made fun of so much at this point that all this video does is further beat a dead horse that desperately begged for mercy months ago. I love your FE plot reviews Ghast, but I honestly couldn't enjoy this one. Sorry

Same. I gleefully watched his Awakening vid, but I haven't watched (or plan to watch) this one.

And the comments:

"well then you should be ashamed of yourself for playing this garbage of a fire emblem game"

"The Fates games are okay as games But as FE Games they're trash"

"You'd be surprised about how many people i've met in my area think Fates is good"

THIS is the sect of the fandom that gives us all a bad name.

But this is something new at least:

XvvyHWh.png

OH SHITSON

Edited by The DanMan

That's why I don't take YouTube comments seriously. It's easy for people to take a dump on things, and I think it's sad when people do so at the expense of someone who actually took time to make the video.

To be completely honest, I actually enjoyed this one a lot, and I actually don't that Conquest's story is like the worse thing ever in FE. Especially the parts with the Let's Play. Though, if I may ask, is there a unit playable unit that you like as character on CQ, besides capture units? Possibly, not Niles? No offense to Niles, but he and Takumi gets put on silver pedestal so much compared to the other CQ cast.

• 11 months later...
On 8/5/2016 at 10:56 PM, ghast said:

XvvyHWh.png

OH SHITSON

5 minutes ago, ghast said:

after a year, its back!

explain yourself

in all seriousness, this one was alright, but I feel like the parts where you actually talked about the plot kinda had less humor to them than in some of your previous videos? i guess that's probably due to this game's plot being so simple there's not really much to make anything funny out of, but I feel like there was a liiiittle too much of just explaining stuff in this one. the funniest parts to me were probably the written parts actually, i think "It's Bruno Bitch" was what made me laugh the most, and I thought all the stuff alfonse was saying was pretty funny too

also your art's improved a lot in the year that this series has been dead so good on you for that

You're right. its definitely tougher to make jokes on the story when whats there is very shallow and repetitive.I tried to make jokes in other areas to compensate for that.

A moment of silence for all the innocent Laguz skinned to acquire clothing materials for the Zenith royal garments.

You left out the part from the Paralogues about the evil god possessing Emblian royalty that Brammimond somehow knew about I guess.

Yeah how did Brammimond know that?  Did he have multiverse portal powers too?  ...Actually, I wouldn't be surprised since he apparently had an Aum staff handy, who knows what other mystical stuff he might have.

Either way, I'll have to agree this wasn't quite as funny as the previous ones since most of the humor seemed to revolve around either interrupting yourself or the general repetitiveness of the initial release's chapters.  Thanks for reviving the series though!

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, ghast said:

after a year, its back!

Has it been a whole year?  This Patron certainly loves these videos.  Any plans for any other games in the series?