Favorite Character?

Twisted Assassin

My favorites are currently Takumi, Leon, Ryouma, Hinata, Tsubaki, Joker (Jakob), Shigure, Velour, Tsukuyomi and Lazward .3.

(I have too many favorite characters x'D)

Top 3 from those would be Takumi, Leon and Hinata :3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have quite a few characters I like, but most are already mentioned. Siegbert isn't, so i'll be the first one to do so.

I like Xander a lot in design and in supports, but his role in the story sours me a little on him.

Crimson looks cool, but I don't know too much about her yet, thanks to her lack of supports.

Asama, so far. He is very interesting, funny in a dark way, and sexy. I fear he'll be the butt of fedora jokes though.

Then I also like Zero, mostly for the stupid double entendres, the sad backstory and his craving for simple, intimate and pure affection. However I dislike how far they can take his sadism.

Then I guess my favorite girl is Elise, she is very adorable, truly a cute, kind little sister. The reason why I like her though is very private and related to my own sister problems. Not that it's anything weird, but I don't want to sound melodramatic or like I'm writing a blog. Well, anyway, I guess I fell into IS' trap of wanting to protect her.

Just remember that if you marry my little sister.... I'll judge you...

But my most favorite of all is Shigure. I fangirled about him in a thread, pretty hard too. He is so lovely; as I said a million times: all I ever wanted from a male pegasus knight. I want to marry Aqua in IK so he can be my child and make him OP.

While being sick in my room I decided to re think on this for a long time until I eventually passed out.

Takumi is still a favorite and thinking about it that's funny to me. When we first saw him to me he didn't stand out as much as Xander, Leon, Ryouma, or Hinoka. I guess that's a good thing and made his depth and character surprising to me. Also, ponytail.

Leon I liked from the beginning simply due to his appearance. I've always preferred "black knight" type characters or even sorcerers (Knoll is one of my favorites) and a mixture of the two I enjoyed. Cecil was one of my favorite protagonists in Final Fantasy, and he kind of reminds me of him. It helps that Mamoru Miyano voices him and he's one of my favorite seiyuus of all time.

Lazward... well, I'll start off by saying Inigo was my favorite kid in Awakening. This is Inigo but matured more. Of course he'd be one of my favorites.

Nishiki was one I also fell in love with from seeing him. I was always a fan of foxes in general and found them to be adorable. One of my favorite Fate/Stay Night servants is Fate/Extra's Caster, who is a foxgirl herself. I guess I just have a thing for foxboys/foxgirls. Plus, Nishiki is adorable in general. The bow-scarf around his neck, those furry little ears... I want to pet him.

Flannel for similar reasons above. He's an actual puppy and I adore it. That and I've been waiting for werewolves in Fire Emblem for a long time.

Hinoka because I appreciate her gentle big-sisterness and the fact that she trains really, really hard to the point she's seen less of a princess and more of a warrior. I like the motherly types a lot. As far as appearance wise, she may not have the abs of Rinka, but I appreciate her muscle they gave her. That and her shade of red is beautiful on her and, imo, quite a few kids. (Matoi, Siegbert, Sophie, Kanna, Kinu, even though it's not possible but Soleil)

Joker/Jacob... okay, I'll admit he's a shallow favorite. Beautiful voice, snarky, a b u t l e r, silvery-gray hair... damn. It just so happens I find a lot of his supports amusing to boot... (except the one with his kid. Poor baby.)

Belka is beautiful in general. Her support with Silas was actually pretty cute, and her support with Oboro is top notch.

Speaking of Oboro, just about everything about her I like. At first I thought she was going to be defined only by her thing for Takumi but I was wrong and I've never been happier about it.

Elfie and Elise I like for similar reasons - they're both sweet, adorable little girls who just so happen aren't as squishy as they look. (Even though Elfie's decked out in armor...)

Tsubaki is another character I like for mostly aesthetic reasons. Plus his support with Kamui is kind of cute. I can't imagine how much pressure is put on him just to be perfect 24/7. Poor dude.

Ophelia is basically a chick Owain who is cute as a button. I really want to take her home with me. Even with characters like Midoriko, she somehow ended up being the cutest kid to me. I adore this girl.

(Honorable mention: Soleil is one of my favorite designs in Fire Emblem and like something I'd design myself, but urg... her supports aren't that quality, unfortunately...)

Leo, although I think that has to do with my huge bias before the game was released. I took one look at the commercial, and decided that I really liked his eyes.

Lazward, because Inigo was my favorite in Awakening. He really shouldn't be back in Fates, but it doesn't mean that I still won't favor him, ahaha...

Kagerou, because she's a badass kunoichi with pretty awesome growths.

Shigure. Have you heard him sing to you in his confession? I think that won me over, lmao.

And lastly, Elise. She's a bit of a cliche, but what can I say? I love her boundless enthusiasm, and her design appeals to me as well. It's weird because I don't see Midoriko as a kid, but I see Elise as one, and that's why I like her.

Ryoma and Xander because they are the leaders who are thinking, above all, on their nation. Moreover, they never forget their goal, managing to keep calm on right times.

Aqua, as it seems to me she is the kind of person who would sacrifice absolutely everything to protect those she loves. In addition, she is very graceful, at least at first sight.

Setsuna, she looks pretty clumsy, but at the time of the battle, I bet she becomes a true warrior goddess.

Nyx, I do not understand exactly why I like Nyx, she just seems the kind of character which I would want to have a long talk about many things.

I haven't read many spoilers about the game, so that's, more or less, a list of characters I liked at first sight , but perhaps with the game itself, I can end up disliking them and choosing others.

Takumi is my favorite. Let's just say that playing through the game (even if I don't understand most of it on my own) made me develop a lot of appreciation for his character. He feels more real compared to a lot of the other characters in this game as well.

Oboro is a very close second.

I'll agree with this and add Leo and Flora, followed by Saizou and Shinonome.

Takumi, Oboro and Leo don't spend the entire game kissing Kamui's ass and develop as their own characters as a result (granted, Oboro's a minor character, but her supports are consistently written well, which stands in stark contrast to some characters, like Felicia).

Saizou, while a bit of a stereotype, has some surprisingly diverse supports (just stay away from his support with Hinoka, if you even remember who that is) and actually plays a minor part in the narrative not because of Kamui or Ryouma, but because he himself is a very driven character.

Shinonome is just a chill guy. I really wish he wasn't a non-canon child unit, because he's one of the least forced characters in any localized Fire Emblem game and comes across as...very likeable.

The game would pretty much be better without the rest of the cast, especially villains and other royals.

Edited by Thane

For the girls...

Hinoka: it's a shame she's quite underdeveloped as a character, but I really like her design and she's in one of my favorite classes. Also, I really enjoy having her as an older sister.

Sakura: she's just so precious :3 but she can also be pretty persistent and will stick to what she believes in.

Kazahana: She has a very cute personality and is all-around a really nice and hardworking person. She also enjoys cherry blossoms. And she's in another one of my favorite classes.

Elise: the other adorable little sister. She is so cheerful all the time that just spending time with her will probably make you happy.

For the guys...

Ryouma: favorite since day one and never changed. His character is pretty much a complete package for me, and it's good to know that he's one of the best units in the game.

Takumi: he earns instant points for being one of the few characters who doesn't worship Kamui non-stop, and he's a very fleshed-out character who actually feels real. Also, it's not everyday that you get such a boss archer.

Saizou: as said in the comment above, I really liked the role he played in a minor part of the story without being attached to Ryouma or Kamui. A stern man with a soft side - not the most unique, but I just never really get tired of this kind of character.

Shinonome: he has some really solid supports, and is just a really likable person in general. Also, good for you to take full advantage of the weapon triangle :P

Kisaragi: his contrast to Takumi really works, and he's just so huggable all the time :3

Marx: What can I say, I just really like the older brothers :) Compared to Ryouma, he actually has more noticeable flaws/imperfections, which I really appreciate. I just wished that his internal struggles would've been fleshed out more.

Edited by Tsuky

Nohr:

• Leo - I'm a sucker for characters that have hidden angst, and this guy has a lot of potential in that regard.
  • Flora - This is mostly design based. ^^' I'm interested to see her dynamic with Felicia, as a twin myself.

Hoshido:

• Takumi - Same as Leo. He seems to be the only one who doesn't like you right off the bat, which is nice.
  • Kinu - I love her design, and foxes in general.

Neutral:

• Azura - I like her design and class.

My favorites so far are mostly based on design and translated supports, hopefully when I play the games they live up to my expectations. :D

I have a lot of characters I like (even though I don't have the game. Give us a European release date already!), so I'll try to reduce it to five for each gender. Also, these are more or less first impressions I have (didn't read a whole lot of supports as to not spoil myself too hard)

Males:

1. Ryoma: Badass Samurai prince. Would love to have a guy like that be my older brother, honestly.

2. Suzukaze: Silent, but friendly ninja? Kind of like Kakashi? All of my yes!

3. Odin: I liked Owain, so why not Odin? I'll forge a tome named 'Swordhand' and give it to him. Did the same thing in Awakening, only then it was a sword (obviously)

4. Saizou: Suzukaze's twin brother. Badass ninja with badass scar in his face. Nice!

5. Flannel: Because badass werewolf.

Females:

1. Kazahana: Because of the reasons Tsuky already stated above: hard-working, sweet and in one of my favourite classes. Also waifu (Help me!!!).

2. Luna: I liked Severa in Awakening (no idea why, though), so... this was a given.

3. Velour: Badass werewolf daughter with a peculiar and funny personality.

4. Elise: I have a soft spot for the 'Genki Girl' (quoted from TV Tropes) archetype. I am an anxious, shy and overall quite negative person, but I think that, if I met a girl like that (albeit my age, of course!) in real life, I'd be happy. Because I need someone to make me smile and forget all the negative things. (I think I really do need help...).

Also, cute little sister! And since I do have a little cousin in real life that's as close to me as a sibling would be, my protector senses are tingling already.

5. Belka: Badass former Assassin, now Wyvern Rider? All of my yes!

Edited by DragonFlames

None really, though I am leaning towards Joker and Harold because of hilarity involving them. But I have yet to find a character that I found particularly intriguing like Robin, Virion or Vaike back in Awakening. Could also be due to not having played the game and not bothered with reading translated supports.

Male Characters:

1. Takumi: Blame him. Also Riku what are you doing outside of KH???
  2. Kaze: husBAND
  3. Seigbert: Can't help but love that mullet!
  4. Silas: I'm weak for childhood friend trope okay? Also, my best IRL friends are dudes so best BFF.
  5. Lazward: Previous fav remains fav.

Bonus- Kanna: MY SON

Female Characters:

1. Anna: HAIL GODDESS AND WAIFU
  2. Felicia: The moe consumed me.
  3. Hinoka: Badassery is strong with this one.
  4. Ophelia: Granddaughter of prev fav auto gains fav priority.
  5. Effie: Best hair color. Also will probably be my tank.

Bonus: Azura would have made this list if she weren't yoUR ONLY ACUTAL BLOOD-RELATED RELATIVE AND CAUSE OF INCEST?!

you can tell I'm bitter right

Design-wise, I absolutely adore Velour and Benoit's designs. I'm rather fond of Yukimura and Yuugiri as well. Zero, Flora and Oboro are also high in my list.

I haven't really seen much of the personalities apart from the brief descriptions of each character and some comics of them, so I'll hold off until I read all their supports. From what I've seen though, I think Charlotte, Sakura, Xander, Camilla and Hinoka are really neat.