Any guilty confessions?

Minischew

Well, I might as well throw in my guilty confession:

The thing that bothers me the most about this game isn't the skinship, incest, bad story-telling, being able to marry loli/shota characters or the excuse to have kids in the game. No, the thing that bothers me the most about the game is that one f*cking bit of hair that goes down the middle of Azura's face. Seriously, that is literally the only thing I don't like about her (I don't count her role in the story, because nothing about the story counts for me personally).

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dul4Lb.jpg
MwMD53.jpg
qsiL1r.jpg
OlFR4t.jpg
S6lmah.jpg
l2qORV.jpg
aCC44d.jpg
FwvKVX.jpg
MVfr7C.jpg
wvrfjW.jpg
hEN2Ol.jpg
Hg8rJ7.jpg
DlTHPS.jpg
PY4I6Q.jpg
LZCyq1.jpg
PJNquF.jpg
UKIupV.jpg
9eWRk1.jpg
wrcpub.jpg
rXdroZ.jpg
tLjH8B.jpg
7PE1ZA.jpg

Just like I had to hack my Path Of Radiance game to give Ike and Mist Mantle and some other stuff...too. :D

I still need to crack Awakening and Fates to give Anna Dragonskin. Because it will stack along with Pavise and Aegis to reduce damages to single digits. ...And Status Immunity, so she can never be conked out by status staves and abusing stat reducting weapons. Having both that and Divine Shield doesn't make any sense. Still have to get Elise Infinite Staff and Status Resistance. My Ninja's Negative Chain.

Haha sweet :D

If I can I want to give Iago some good skills - including a personal one - and marriage bonus pair ups with my femui, Teresa, (and if I can I might try and hack in a critical cut in for him) and I'll probably hack in other characters that aren't available. I don't really plan on using them online or hacking skills into the playable units though, I can't really stand the idea of using a hacked team against somebody who wants to play the game fairly (considering that I am one of those people).

I mean, I might use Iago (and Ganz probably) with Teresa, against people in my skype group who won't care if I can get away with it. I'm pretty new to the idea of hacking a 3DS game to patch stuff in so I don't want to do all too much or get myself banned from online play or whatever. I guess that I'll see how it goes when the english release comes out and when it's actually time to hack the game if need be.

I still have nightmares about fighting a full team of Regigigas' with Pure Power in ORAS.

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

I actually like the male build 2, I'm planning on using it. ....my weakness for buff dudes shines through

also, I wish there were 3 builds for both Avatars like in fe13

alas, no curvy female protagonist this time

Edited by Rhesus

- This isn't specific to this game, but I don't have anything against incest in fiction. Having Nintendo publish something like FE4 felt really refreshing for their otherwise prudent catalog (although there are far better examples for Nintendo games that don't feel like Nintendo).

I don't think this is much of a confession; I think everyone who has discussed this story seriously has said that they don't care about the possibility of incest, but rather how poorly it's portrayed. Or rather, it's not "portrayed" in any way whatsoever - incest, in a game supposedly about family, is a non-factor to the story.

I hate Kamui with a burning hatred that I've never felt for any fictional character or any person in general before. This is a guilty confession because I feel that it makes me petty to hate a fictional character this much. EDIT: Well, it makes me feel petty to hate anything this much …

Welp, you stole mine. Kamui is the single worst main character I've ever come across from a proper video game series, which excludes characters like Shadow the edge-lord.

Hm...not much of a confession, but I did have to stop playing the game for a day because the female characters' voices made my ears hurt too much, and the music is too good to play without.

more guilty confessions?

- I wish Femui could marry Camilla

- I want Mikoto to be a spotpass character

- I hate male Kamui's build 2

- I want to marry Gurei

These and

IK Path

Aqua's mother/Ryoma's father being playable.

Well, I might as well throw in my guilty confession:

The thing that bothers me the most about this game isn't the skinship, incest, bad story-telling, being able to marry loli/shota characters or the excuse to have kids in the game. No, the thing that bothers me the most about the game is that one f*cking bit of hair that goes down the middle of Azura's face. Seriously, that is literally the only thing I don't like about her (I don't count her role in the story, because nothing about the story counts for me personally).

Tbh, I agree with you so much. I hate it when characters have hair in the middle of their face.

I remember when I was younger I was obsessed with this character who had a single strand of hair down her face, and I tried cosplaying her. And boy oh boy, I looked really dumb with that random strand.

Welp, you stole mine. Kamui is the single worst main character I've ever come across from a proper video game series, which excludes characters like Shadow the edge-lord.

Hm...not much of a confession, but I did have to stop playing the game for a day because the female characters' voices made my ears hurt too much, and the music is too good to play without.

I still think Aqua is worse. Kamui might be a plot-warping moron but at least he's not criminally negligent like Aqua. Playing through Nohr with her is painful. She has this "Whelp, can't be helped" attitude while they do horrible things when the player knows everything is her fault. Sometimes I want to throttle her.

As for the voices, I can stomach most of the female voices for the other characters but Kamui's female voice options are terrible. Only one of them sounds like it could belong to an adult human and the rest sound like young children. I had to restart my file 4 times to find a voice I could even tolerate.

I still think Aqua is worse. Kamui might be a plot-warping moron but at least he's not criminally negligent like Aqua. Playing through Nohr with her is painful. She has this "Whelp, can't be helped" attitude while they do horrible things when the player knows everything is her fault. Sometimes I want to throttle her.

This bothers me a lot too, especially considering that her design and supports make her one of my favourite FE characters ever.

I stopped counting the story around the time Invisible History came out though. I was really interested in it at first, but then it just just made me wonder why the Awakening Trio do nothing over the course of the story, especially considering that they have no problem trying to kill Kamui on Birthright.

Negative confessions in 3

-I literally have so much vitriol for this game that I'm creating a fanfiction that specifically makes the reader regret purchasing it. I don't know how the hell I got here, but it sure as hell didn't start out that way.

-I want them to release Spotpass to add Mikoto, Garon, Iago, Lilith, Shenmei, and Anankos Sumeragi as marriage candidates. They've broken the game this far, so why stop now? Might as well turn the game into a full-on farce.

Here's another one to add to my extensive list...

- This morning when they showed the Nintendo direct I cried because there was no release date for PAL regions.

I, um... I plan on focusing my army's resources on the curviest ladies, while ignoring the thin ones. Everybody's got their thing, and that's mine. T&A all the way! Also, while I am all too happy to wallow in the fanservice thrown specifically in my direction, I still kinda sneer at stuff like skinship and pseudo-incest, inwardly calling it distasteful. How's that for hypocrisy?

In my latest Hoshido Lunatic run, I somehow managed to forget Takumi. Without getting too deep into spoilers, there's a mid-game chapter where he's not usable. Afterwards he comes back, but at the bottom of your list of characters. I completely spaced out and forgot to add him back in for several chapters.

In my defense though, this is like, really easy so far. I've been basically auto-piloting my way through this, so it literally never occurred to me that I was forgetting something.

Dont' blame me, #blametakumi.

Lmao I feel like the only one who still blames Takumi

Nope, I still #blametakumi and #blameiago for everything.

I plan on continuing to blame them in the twitch streams when the english game comes out.

Guilty confession?

I wanted Robin to kill Chrom so badly in Awakening. The entire time, I was just like "Yes, grima, this is your chance! He's a moron! Kill him! Kill him!"

Very disappointed when Robin didn't because, idk, he just didn't feel like it. And, you know, friendship, and whatever.

Also, I hate any incest. Seriously, there are real, biological reasons why that is not a good idea.

I feel bad that I spoiled a lot of the games' key events for myself. I held strong for a couple months, but by October I couldn't help myself.

[spoiler=Sin and Game Spoilers]I would totally gay marry Azura if I could... And I know she's my MU's cousin. :x I'm probably going to marry her with a male MU anyway.

Edited by LeopardFire

I was looking at growth rates, and realized that Siegbert's (his default rates without inheritance) and Silas's are essentially the same, save for a few differences. I thought that was pretty cute, especially since both are Cavaliers, so I started drafting out a plan for marrying Silas to Xander, since I really liked the idea of Silas being Siegbert's variable parent.

I had gotten to how Xander would affect Sophie's mods/growths before I realized--

I can't marry Silas to Xander.

I don't even know why I thought for a second that would be possible in this game. ORZ

Another confession that's kind of related is that unlike the above example, I also love pairing parents with completely contrasting mods/growths. One of the first things I'm going to do on my IK runthrough is hitch up Effie and Tsukuyomi.

Edited by Minischew

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I couldn't care less about the "fan service" in this game. Fan service doesn't, for the lack of a better term, "excite" me, nor does it bother me. It's probably due to the fact that compared to what I've seen, any fan service in Fates is tame.

I'd still be pissed if they removed skinship in the localization though.