Any guilty confessions?

Minischew

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I couldn't care less about the "fan service" in this game. Fan service doesn't, for the lack of a better term, "excite" me, nor does it bother me. It's probably due to the fact that compared to what I've seen, any fan service in Fates is tame.

I'd still be pissed if they removed skinship in the localization though.

Nah, you're not. I remember SF had a poll asking about fanservice, and most people responded that they didn't care about it as long as it didn't impact gameplay.

I doubt they'd remove skinship, though. They put that in for higher sales; there's no point in taking it out and risking controversy.

Edited by Minischew

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Actually Guilty Confession Incoming -

I dislike the #blametakumi meme, it's so unfunny.

I also dislike how people hated and did not care about Takumi for initially hating the Avatar (IMO a petty reason for hating a character, since his reasons are also well meaning; we all talk about not wanting player worship but as soon as one characters even dares to hate the Avatar, he gets showered with hate), but now everyone wants to fugg him. This happened even before many translation popped up online.

I also dislike Mikoto for being such a paragon of peace. Literally Emmeryn 2.0, maybe even worse.

THERE, I SAID IT!!!!

-How Fates handled Hoshido VS Nohr is underwhelming (at best) considering both Gaiden and Judgral. Both of them did the "Green Nation VS Rugged Nation" dynamic better than Fates.

-Flora is a better handled character than all of the royal sisters, Felicia, and Aqua. The royal sisters are underexplored at best, Aqua is a an expositionbot who proposes silly plans, and Felicia is transparent marriage fodder. Flora has her silliness too, but overall she has more of an arc than all of the royal sisters if nothing else.

-Absent of War Crimes Happy Nohr Led By King Cartoon Villain VS Innocent Hoshido That Does Nothing Wrong Led By Emmeryn 2.0, Kamui has no grounds to join Hoshido unless you rework the early chapters.

-Hydra and Touma drag down the setting along with the narrative. Hydra serves as an excuse for Kamui to marry from both sets of siblings and to have the warring nations friend-up. The Fake Garon twist is shoddy and hardwaves the issues of getting all the Nohr siblings to rebel against their king and actually trying to explore what Actual Garon stands for.

-I'm convinced Fates could be better served by cutting at least a few of the royal sisters, Aqua, and Felicia.

Edited by Alazen

I could care less about the removal of weapon durability but I'm seriously enraged at the lack of unique weapon icons.

...Yeah I'm weird like that.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the interface of this game looks kinda ugly? :X

Edited by Ryo

-I think Elise is a little bit annoying.

-I'm going to marry my little brothers.

-I gave my MU's hair colors that i think fits with the character (and their child) they're going to marry.

-I like Felicia more than Flora.

-I am dissapointed in myself for liking the amie thing and hotspring so much.

-I think Zero is really creepy

-I seem to be the only one who's planning to marry Tsukuyomi I honestly think his arrogance is adorable.

-Hinata calls you his princess in his confession and i like it ....so much

Oh this is an actual guilty confession and I'm going to sound mean af

If marrying Azura lists you as 'Companions' I'm honestly going to laugh my head off. I really want to see that. I'm so so so sorry.

Edited by Shadowess

Oh this is an actual guilty confession and I'm going to sound mean af

If marrying Azura lists you as 'Companions' I'm honestly going to laugh my head off. I really want to see that. I'm so so so sorry.

There's no label in this game, so you don't have to worry about that.

-I'm going to marry Gurei to Midoriko.

-I've always actually kind of liked Tharja (I view her as a silly trope and don't judge her as a person)

-Jakob and Asama are two of my favorite characters.

-I'm going to marry my older bro, Xander.

-Foleo/Syalla is adorable (but with Foleo gone, who do I ship Soleil with?)

-I hate Silas, Oboro, Ryoma and Azura.

-I hate the Kannas, especially m!Kanna just because of his hair.

Ohhhh yeah. That reminds me. I really, really hate Azura and her ugly ass hair color. Never wanna marry her to anybody because it won't look good on anybody. But I absolutely love Shigure. Maaaybe its just because I'm gay.

1) Why do you hate her? You can not specify if you want, but I'm curious.

2) Ignis, Soleil and Hisame are the ones that handle her weird passed hair color the best, so you can try with them to get the purest, most beautiful and most kind kind.

3) What does your homosexuality have to do with liking Shigure? Because he is cute? I hope you are not implying he is gay because he is effeminate, gentle, pure, etc... it's kind of stereotyped.

2) Ignis, Soleil and Hisame are the ones that handle her weird passed hair color the best, so you can try with them to get the purest, most beautiful and most kind kind.

Most kind kind? xD

I think Matoi looks decent with it too and Soleil handles -every- hair color amazingly imo.

Ohhhh yeah. That reminds me. I really, really hate Azura and her ugly ass hair color. Never wanna marry her to anybody because it won't look good on anybody. But I absolutely love Shigure. Maaaybe its just because I'm gay.

Speaking of Shigure...

I love everything about him, including his voice and personality...

But I just cannot stand his hideous hair style. Even the hair color looks perfect on him; it's just his hair style. I just want to brush his hair out of his eyes, asdfghjkl;.

Edited by Minischew

Oh I have another confession. I hate that I kind of relate to Oboro on several levels. And it's not because of the Takumi thing! Or is it... I mean, not the racist part but pretty much everything else. I even love her color scheme. Kincha and kachi go so well together in wafuku. ;u; I even have a kimono coordinate that had a similar color scheme but I haven't been able to bring myself to wear that combination ever since this game happened. LOL

- Actually Guilty Confession Incoming -

I dislike the #blametakumi meme, it's so unfunny.

I also dislike how people hated and did not care about Takumi for initially hating the Avatar (IMO a petty reason for hating a character, since his reasons are also well meaning; we all talk about not wanting player worship but as soon as one characters even dares to hate the Avatar, he gets showered with hate), but now everyone wants to fugg him. This happened even before many translation popped up online.

I also dislike Mikoto for being such a paragon of peace. Literally Emmeryn 2.0, maybe even worse.

THERE, I SAID IT!!!!

YOU!!! You are singing the song of my people. I really hate the #blametakumi meme a lot. I think its dumb as hell and shitty.

I doubt anything will be worse than Emmeryn, not even Mikoto. Emmeryn's being a paragon of peace didnt upset me. Its how the game portrayed her very stupid and selfish actions as saintly. That was so ewwwwwwww....

I confess that now i got my preorder in, it feels like the game is more tangible to me. And as a result, i have the hype jitters and its goofy.

1) Why do you hate her? You can not specify if you want, but I'm curious.

3) What does your homosexuality have to do with liking Shigure? Because he is cute? I hope you are not implying he is gay because he is effeminate, gentle, pure, etc... it's kind of stereotyped.

1) I really, really dislike her design. That's really all I know about her, so I'm sort of hoping that when I go into the game, I'll end up liking her. I'm not hating her just cause. Also, I accidentally got spoiled. I don't wanna talk about that. :( So I think maybe I'm just bitter, lol.

2) I've already planned out my pairings for my first run, so I won't do those right away, but I'll try it out.

3) I'm gay. I am a man who has a thing for men. It was sort of in reference to how I hate Azura's hair color, but I like Shigure in spite of his hair being the same. The difference is my attraction bias. If its something you'd like to get into, feel free to PM me. I don't really mind but this isn't really the place.

1) I really, really dislike her design. That's really all I know about her, so I'm sort of hoping that when I go into the game, I'll end up liking her. I'm not hating her just cause. Also, I accidentally got spoiled. I don't wanna talk about that. :( So I think maybe I'm just bitter, lol.

2) I've already planned out my pairings for my first run, so I won't do those right away, but I'll try it out.

3) I'm gay. I am a man who has a thing for men. It was sort of in reference to how I hate Azura's hair color, but I like Shigure in spite of his hair being the same. The difference is my attraction bias. If its something you'd like to get into, feel free to PM me. I don't really mind but this isn't really the place.

Oh no, you misinterpreted me.

I thought you said "But I like him because I'm gay." because you thought Shigure was gay, not because you find him attractive. Besides you could be gay and find Shigure unattractive. The words you chose kind of puzzled me, but my reading comprehension can be crap.

Also yeah, by the way, the color Azura passes down to her child (that is not Shigure) is not actually hers, but a brighter, weirder version of it, hence why it looks so bad on a lot of children, but on Shigure and herself, it looks good.

A possibility might be due to the way that hair color inheritance works programmatically, color overlay doesn't reproduce the same exact hue as aqua's than if you just colored it normally but an slightly off-shade. When I was coding kamuicustomizer I had to do a lot of manual adjustments to the colors I picked off of rey's youtube video to actually fit the color because when I apply the overlay filter with it, it was actually a slightly different color.

Oh no, you misinterpreted me.

I thought you said "But I like him because I'm gay." because you thought Shigure was gay, not because you find him attractive. Besides you could be gay and find Shigure unattractive. The words you chose kind of puzzled me, but my reading comprehension can be crap.

Also yeah, by the way, the color Azura passes down to her child (that is not Shigure) is not actually hers, but a brighter, weirder version of it, hence why it looks so bad on a lot of children, but on Shigure and herself, it looks good.

I've always been really bad at getting points across (my point being, "maybe i prefer shigure over azura even though the have the same hair color because im gay"), so no harm done. I guess we're just a bad match? I actually think about this a lot.. Another guilty confession, I find none of the ladies in Fates attractive. I feel bad about this, or awkward and kind of left out of the loop, and then it hits me.. Oh yeah. I'm gay. I feel bad about it because they're presented in such a way that I'm supposed to like them, physically, but I just.. don't. Foleo is the closest I get. And of course, this awkward left-out feeling doesn't just apply to Fates but every single media I've consumed ever.

But yes, no harm done. I think we did just misunderstand each other. For the record, I know nothing of any of these character's personalities because I avoid spoilers and therefore their wiki pages. I'll definitely end up enjoying at least some of the girls and maybe even Azura when I pick up the game myself.

I could care less about the removal of weapon durability but I'm seriously enraged at the lack of unique weapon icons.

...Yeah I'm weird like that.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the interface of this game looks kinda ugly? :X

You aren't alone. I irritated by the removal of weapon icons and the interface has been dumbed down. Why does it no longer state class properties (armored, beast, flying, etc)? Why does it just show the portrait of my top 3 supported characters but not their ranks? Why does it not tell me which characters are the children or spouse?

Kisaragi is another good character for Aqua's hair... if you don't mind pairing Takumi off with his adopted sister.

- I dislike the #blametakumi meme, it's so unfunny.

Here's how Takumi's popularity played out over the course of the pre-release and post release time frame. When we first learned about Takumi's relationship with the Avatar, it appeared he was hostile without much context so people didn't like him. This is before we learned just how much player worship was in the game so many wouldn't realize how refreshing Takumi was until later. As we learned more about him, people came to understand him as one of the better written characters, particularly for Hoshido. I wasn't watching the early streaming of the game where the #blameTakumi meme was born but I can say that in Nohr, he's persistent and annoying so I can see why people would be bothered by him there.

I was looking at growth rates, and realized that Siegbert's (his default rates without inheritance) and Silas's are essentially the same, save for a few differences. I thought that was pretty cute, especially since both are Cavaliers, so I started drafting out a plan for marrying Silas to Xander, since I really liked the idea of Silas being Siegbert's variable parent.

I had gotten to how Xander would affect Sophie's mods/growths before I realized--

I can't marry Silas to Xander.

I do this with hair colors.

"Who should I marry Suzukaze to in order to pass down his green hair? Oh, how about Suzukaze x Lazwald for Soleil!"

That reminds me, I'm still salty that Shino doesn't have a properly blond parent because he actually looks really good as a blond

Neither of my blond ships for ryouma (Marx and Crimson) are actually capable of S ranking him _(:3 」∠)_

like okay Elise is platblonde and Rinka's white pretty much translates to blond but it's like, I wanted something less white and more yellow i guess?

Edited by Thor Odinson

That reminds me, I'm still salty that Shino doesn't have a properly blond parent because he actually looks really good as a blond

Neither of my blond ships for ryouma (Marx and Crimson) are actually capable of S ranking him _(:3 」∠)_

like okay Elise is platblonde and Rinka's white pretty much translates to blond but it's like, I wanted something less white and more yellow i guess?

Reminds me of that My Room model edit of him in the Release Hype thread, the one with tan skin and blonde hair. That was a really good look for him, wish it was possible in game.

Reminds me of that My Room model edit of him in the Release Hype thread, the one with tan skin and blonde hair. That was a really good look for him, wish it was possible in game.

I made that one lol

it's the hypothetical edit for Rinka!Shinonome (since out of everyone Ryouma can S rank, Rinka's my preferred pair for him) but I think she should definitely be able to pass her skintone, too. It would take a bit more work, sure, but not horribly much. Rinka's hair color works a lot better on dark skin than light, IMO.

But his default skintone looks great with both Marx and Crimson's hair so I'm mad

I mean look at them

Edited by Thor Odinson

I can't really speak about him as a character, since I haven't read any of his supports or the story...

(Uh, this may be character hate. So heads up, I'm going to be talking about Ryoma.)

But I really detest Ryoma as a unit. He's too goddamn OP. Like, I know all of the royals are OP-- I've seen people say you can't defeat Nohr Lunatic without Camilla, and Takumi's been dubbed "tankumi" or "critkumi"...

But Ryoma is just, idk, the most OP of the OP? For instance, his Nohrian counterpart, Xander, has noticeable problems. Without a Charlotte/Luna pair-up, he can be a bit slow and fail to double some enemies, and his Res is dead shit. I saw a video where Xander was taking 6 damage from physical units, and then a mage just swooped in and dealt 20 damage.

But in the very same video, I don't remember Ryoma getting hit even once. He always ORKO'd all enemies, and activated a skill 9/10 of the times. Hell, I'd say it would have been closer to 9.5/10. It just... irritated me. I know units can be OP, but Ryoma could have probably been placed on that map alone and wiped out all the enemies unscathed. I even got the feeling that the only reason others were needed was to reach the villages in time.

I know Ryoma does have one drawback-- his Mov. He doesn't have flying utility or anything like that. But that's not really a flaw, because there are some characters designed to provide that utility, and Ryoma just isn't one of them. And in other aspects, it just seems like he's absolutely flawless.

(EDIT: In retrospect, I realized I was exaggerating a bit too much. As someone posted below me, he could get screwed by the weapon triangle. And I realized he's not that strong when an enemy has Defensive Formation, although he'll probably still take 0 damage due to his high Avo.)

And I hate it when games have characters that are just way too OP like that. I'm willing to accept a certain level of OP, because it's inevitable that some characters will be more powerful than others, and that balance won't always be perfect. Hell, Xander is pretty OP, and even that doesn't piss me off.

It's just Ryoma. I just can't, ugh.

I probably won't use him in my runthroughs, unless it becomes an absolute necessity in Hoshido/IK Lunatic.

Edited by Minischew