FE related predictions for Thursday's (11/12/15) Nintendo Direct

Captain Karnage

Clarifying the two versions release and what each entails (including the fact that the same-sex relationships are locked to one version each).

While Nintendo has announced that we'll be seeing two versions in the west, Birthright and Conquest, they did so in a manner that I don't think reached as many people as it could and should (in fact, most people I know are still confused about the whole "two-three games" that comprise the entirety of Fates, to say nothing of how resistant they were to letting people in North America, Europe and elsewhere know if the game would be released as a single game or two separate games along with the DLC path and other downloadable creations. Some might say it's redundant. I say if people are still confused about this, they should try to explain it a bit better with what will surely see a lot of coverage and views on its own.

Well, 4chan's saying Fate's is going to be released on March 25

4chan/chan-style sites doesn't have a good track record for leaking information. For what few they get right, there's a dozen more they get wrong. I do think they'll announce a release date, but I don't think they'd do it so close to the end of their fiscal year, it's more likely we'll see another February release like we did with Awakening, if not, after the period concludes.

Clarifying the two versions release and what each entails (including the fact that the same-sex relationships are locked to one version each).

While Nintendo has announced that we'll be seeing two versions in the west, Birthright and Conquest, they did so in a manner that I don't think reached as many people as it could and should (in fact, most people I know are still confused about the whole "two-three games" that comprise the entirety of Fates, to say nothing of how resistant they were to letting people in North America, Europe and elsewhere know if the game would be released as a single game or two separate games along with the DLC path and other downloadable creations. Some might say it's redundant. I say if people are still confused about this, they should try to explain it a bit better with what will surely see a lot of coverage and views on its own.

4chan/chan-style sites doesn't have a good track record for leaking information. For what few they get right, there's a dozen more they get wrong. I do think they'll announce a release date, but I don't think they'd do it so close to the end of their fiscal year, it's more likely we'll see another February release like we did with Awakening, if not, after the period concludes.

I think that Dutch website everyone's mentioning has a better release date than 4chan ever could

They said April 29th release date for Europe, & if we do go by that, we would probably indeed have a Feburary US release date, like they did with Awakening. And the latest would be in March, but definitely not late March like what 4chan says.

Yep, Awakening came out April 26th (I think) here, so it doesn't sound like a stretch to have an European release at the end of April.

A big bother though, since it's a lot of months.

Well, I'll play other FE games in the meantime XD

However, maybe the Dutch website guessed that date thinking about Awakening's.

I think we're guaranteed to get a release date for both FE14 (Jan or Feb pls) and #FE as well as the English title for the latter.

Now for what I hope will be announced:

-special edition FE14 with both paths for a slightly higher price that isn't limited so it doesn't immediately sell out

-FE14 title has been changed to something better

-some of the name changes seen at E3 are changed back to the originals (mostly Kamui and Tsubaki)

-someone anyone from not Archanea shown for #FE

-a remaster or remake of an older game is announced

none of that will happen ;-;

So... release date was announced, as were other details.

They clarified the release as being two versions (as expected), the third DLC path being unavilable at launch, that they would be releasing 7 pieces of DLC, the first released being free much like Math's map was for Awakening for a while and announced a special edition for $79.99 USD that includes all three paths, an art book (again, like Awakening) and a 3DS XL pouch. The game launches February 19th, 2016, a day after Shadow Dragon did in 2009 and the DLC can be pre-ordered now.

Edited by CazTGG