Aqua's Range

wumples

I'm curious about whether Aqua is a soprano or alto. In Hitori Omou, the highest note she ever hits is D2 (I think? I mean the d above middle c) which isn't very high for a soprano. The lowest note was B, which is usually the lowest note sopranos can hit with a quality tone, but because the lack of "soprano notes" (F2 and above) I'm sort of leaning towards alto? But I don't know and I've been confusing myself over this for months. Does anyone have a guess at what her vocal range is?

The singer is Renka. No idea bout her range lol. Also I doubt she had sung any notes in the second octave (that is super duper low XD).

But if she is a soprano. In classical music (iirc) they tend to sing around a C4 to an A5.

Edited by ♡黒猫~

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm estimating by going down a minor step), but I think vocal ranges (for females), are classified as such:

Soprano: C4 to A5 (as noted in the above post)

Mezzo-Soprano: A3 to F#5

Alto: F#3 to D#5

From what I last remember, Hitori Omou generally stays in the range of C4 to C5. So it would be a stretch to say that the song has an alto range. I think it's more suitable for mezzo-sopranos, especially since I'm a mezzo-soprano and I can sing the song with ease.

But of course, as a mezzo, when I sing with my head voice, my voice is pretty weak. However, Renka's head voice is quite strong. I think that was made obvious when the English trailer came out and fans got upset over how "weak" Azura's voice seemed with the English VA.

So I think Renka's a soprano, but sang a song which targeted a lower vocal range. After all, C4 to C5 is still within the soprano range, and many sopranos can sing mezzo-soprano songs.

Edited by Minischew

Okay, thank you!

I guess that I was confused because I'm in an all girls choir singing alto and the notes I have to sing range from low f to high g. (Like from middle c. Going to go review the terms because I'm confusing myself over them again)

*Edit: Got it. I mean F3 to G5 I think

Edited by wumples