Fire Emblem Fates Official Release Date

twice

Especially considering that such bundles usually have a discount when compared to buying them all individually. Basically you're paying full price for all three routes + $20 extra for the art book and case.

Yeah, exactly. It was really funny because the sales clerk tried to convince me that it was cheaper this way and if I didn't get services from that store and from that sales clerk all the time I would have called him out on it.

My sentiments exactly. I was expecting $120-150 for the special edition but $200 just seems so excessive. Like we've said I hope this is just a placeholder that they'll amend but given they actually went out of their way to quickly amend it to this from $99, seems unlikely. Aussie Aussie Aussie.

I also think that the price is very excessive, why does everything have to be so expensive in Australia????

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't claim that its complexity is well-handled, but there's a level of complexity regardless.

I'm not sure I agree. I get where you're coming from, but to me it seems more like Fates had the POTENTIAL for complexity, and squandered it - there's no tension after chapter six, and any trace of complexity was completely and utterly eradicated with Revelations.

Remember, two thirds of this game's story is wrong according to the very game itself.

Is Fates' story bad because of the execute meddling that changed it, or is it bad because of the person who wrote the draft?

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? We haven't seen the drafts so we can't say anything for certain, but what I WILL say is that Conquest, the version with the worst story according to pretty much everyone, feels so messed up partially because of nonsensical it is, almost as if entire chunks of content had been removed late into development.

That still doesn't excuse it though, nor is it the only problem from which the game suffers. Just like the other paths, the dialogue is horrendous, the plot isn't moved forward because of character actions or logic, but rather a set of coincidences and people telling Kamui what to do, and the entire premise of the story is a flat out lie.

I am so salty right now for the missed release date for Europe and now I'm worry because I wouldn't the release date were something like 3 months after American's one (like Awakening did...) and also the special edition for Europe doesn't seem to have the carrying pouch that I actually really like :/

Yeah it was $100 when I preodered and I went back to check and it has climbed up to $200. Hoping it's just wishful thinking on their parts and not the official AU pricing because if it is I'm so upset. I'll still buy it, but that's a good chunk of my paycheck.

They confirmed it as $200 AUD.

They confirmed it as $200 AUD.

*sigh* I'll still be pre-ordering mine tomorrow. It's just a placeholder price though, so hopefully it'll change. And then I checked the website and found out that $200 is the actual price...

Edited by Phillius

You know, the thing that pisses me off the most is that the NA release is given at a discount (40 dollars per game, so $20 off plus the extras). But the Australian release will have us pay full price for all three and then an extra $20 for the extras. Also, bear in mind that this is all before DLC which you all but need in order to play online competitively...

You know, the thing that pisses me off the most is that the NA release is given at a discount (40 dollars per game, so $20 off plus the extras). But the Australian release will have us pay full price for all three and then an extra $20 for the extras. Also, bear in mind that this is all before DLC which you all but need in order to play online competitively...

I'm pretty mad but then again I don't know why I expected any different. I can't comprehend how they think it's an appropriate price, though. It would literally be cheaper to buy all three versions separately. Isn't that the entire point of a bundle?

Guess I'm buying them all individually. Not gonna let them rip me off.

BTW, has JB-HI FI got anything in store? they're usually a little cheaper

Not on the website. THey still have the placeholder one-version preorder listed up on the site. JB usually is a little cheaper but I'm not sure if they'll carry the special edition.

YAYYYYYY I'M EXCITED!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHE. I might not be able to get it right away, though...but wait for me, Nohr path! I shall come for you soon :D :D :D I'm really looking forward to hearing the comparison with the Japanese vs. English full voice cast, especially with all the my room dialogue. Or is that just going to be in Japanese? Ah well either way, I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Not on the website. THey still have the placeholder one-version preorder listed up on the site. JB usually is a little cheaper but I'm not sure if they'll carry the special edition.

Guess I'll have to ask one my mates if he knows anything about it

EDIT: He doesn't know anything either. So much for that lead :/

Edited by Wyvern_Lord

Not to mention that the NA release date is when I'll (hopefully) be starting Uni, so the AU release date'll probably be in the middle of exams or something. At this rate, I honestly won't be surprised if the cartridge sets my 3DS on fire somehow.

But having all games on one cartridge is super convenient and I really like art-books, so I'll probably still preorder if the special edition isn't available anywhere else. I'll probably get all the DLC as well just so I can hate myself more than I already will be.

...Now I'm starting to grasp why an Australian FE YT'er I follow calls his country "the land that hates videogames".

Aren't 3DS games about $60 Australian dollars? I'd think the LE would be $120, maaaybe $150. But $200? Sheesh.

Sorry to all the members of our community down under.

...Now I'm starting to grasp why an Australian FE YT'er I follow calls his country "the land that hates videogames".

Aren't 3DS games about $60 Australian dollars? I'd think the LE would be $120, maaaybe $150. But $200? Sheesh.

Sorry to all the members of our community down under.

Yes, at EB games you can currently pre-order Fates for $60 AUD. I'm so disappointed that I won't be getting it (the special edition). Perhaps I'll have to ask around my local gaming pages to see if anyone who may be getting it would be willing to sell me the art book separately, that's all that I really wanted from the special edition anyways.... That and I'm kind of disappointed that PAL regions didn't get a release date. When I realised this during my exam I actually shed a tear...

Edited by Mox

Whelp, I just pre-ordered mine. I probably shouldn't have, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I would've regretted it if I didn't.

Good on you, mate. Let's suffer through it together. Hoping the release date will be announced in the coming months and that it will be earlier than Q3 2016 (please.) Hopefully earlier than June to avoid clashing with uni exams ;_; .

Good on you, mate. Let's suffer through it together. Hoping the release date will be announced in the coming months and that it will be earlier than Q3 2016 (please.) Hopefully earlier than June to avoid clashing with uni exams ;_; .

20 bucks says that it comes out around June and clashes with exams.

• 3 weeks later...