Fire Emblem Fates Official Release Date

twice

I'm buying digital for all, cause that's what I ended up doing with Awakening when the delivery was slow.

Writer- Okay Sir, we finished the story draft and character concepts and we think the central theme should be about family

Executive- Are those that characters siblings?

Writer- Yep

Executive- Okay, make them S-Rankable

Writer- What?! But that would undermine the central concept of the whole story! And the little sisters are clearly pre-teens!

Executive- Goddamnit man, waifus/husbandos are more important than good story telling!

I have a perfect visual for this:

tumblr_nqujyp5SlY1r4k8lno1_r1_500.jpg

As far as the story goes- I'll wait and see what localizations done. Not expecting major chages but MAYBE they'll take out some of the key offenders.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buying digital for all, cause that's what I ended up doing with Awakening when the delivery was slow.

I have a perfect visual for this:

tumblr_nqujyp5SlY1r4k8lno1_r1_500.jpg

As far as the story goes- I'll wait and see what localizations done. Not expecting major chages but MAYBE they'll take out some of the key offenders.

Oh my God I've never thought of it that way before. The comic really does lay it bare. Pretty much sums up my distaste for the supports this time round.

I really doubt they'll change anything beyond the regular localisation. They'll certainly tone some characters and supports down but as for story I think the best we can hope for at this point is some dialogue changes. I doubt anything will get explicitly censored from the Japanese version, as much as I think it would be funny. The localisations we HAVE seen so far seem pretty faithful so far.

Posted this on the other thread but for Aussies out there, EB is listing the preorder for the Special Edition as well as both separate games.

https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-208717-Fire-Emblem-Fates-Special-Edition-Placeholder-Price-Nintendo-3DS

SHIT YES! I'M GOING TO GET THIS RIGHT NOW ~ I fucking need it after how wrecked I got in that exam.

When I opened the first page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4nvdEotqw

Edit:

Wait a minute ... that's so expensive in AUD like holy shit! Tbh I don't know if I want to pay $200 AUD for that. :/

Edited by Mox

SHIT YES! I'M GOING TO GET THIS RIGHT NOW ~ I fucking need it after how wrecked I got in that exam.

When I opened the first page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4nvdEotqw

Oh my Lord that price has skyrocketed since I last checked... But my preorder still says $99 so I don't know what's happening.

Oh my Lord that price has skyrocketed since I last checked... But my preorder still says $99 so I don't know what's happening.

What was the original pre-order price? I don't mind paying $100 for it, but there is no way in hell I'm paying $200.

What was the original pre-order price? I don't mind paying $100 for it, but there is no way in hell I'm paying $200.

Yeah the original was $99.95 which is what I payed the deposit for. Got no idea how to cancel my order now so I can sort it out but I wrote to EB Customer service about it. But $200 seriously!? America gets it for $80 and we get more than twice that? I'm hoping they adjust it once more info comes. It's a good thing I've finished uni and can work a lot more but geez.

Yeah the original was $99.95 which is what I payed the deposit for. Got no idea how to cancel my order now so I can sort it out but I wrote to EB Customer service about it. But $200 seriously!? America gets it for $80 and we get more than twice that? I'm hoping they adjust it once more info comes. It's a good thing I've finished uni and can work a lot more but geez.

Yeah I know, that's quite a steep price. I was going to inquire about the price at my local EB on the way home and see if what's happened on the site is possibly an error on their part. I'll let you know how that goes if you want me to. But if it is $200 then I'm sure as hell not getting it. :/

Also, do you know if it all just comes in the Birthright box? Because honestly I would prefer the Conquest box.

Yeah I know, that's quite a steep price. I was going to inquire about the price at my local EB on the way home and see if what's happened on the site is possibly an error on their part. I'll let you know how that goes if you want me to. But if it is $200 then I'm sure as hell not getting it. :/

Also, do you know if it all just comes in the Birthright box? Because honestly I would prefer the Conquest box.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that! I'm hoping that's a placeholder box but maybe it has Conquest art on the reverse side? I think this was true of the Japanese one.

Belatedly found out that the Special Edition has all three games on one cartridge, as opposed to just including both cartridges as I had hoped for. This is going to be … a predicament. On the one hand, this benefits my friend a lot since he won't have to borrow Birthright from me and I already have Hoshido and IK in Japanese. On the other hand, this is a lot more difficult to share …

Ah, to hell with it … if we can actually get the special edition, I'll just pay him for the art book and the pouch and borrow it from him when I want to play Conquest. I'll just get Birthright/Revelations on my own.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that! I'm hoping that's a placeholder box but maybe it has Conquest art on the reverse side? I think this was true of the Japanese one.

Yeah, I'm planning on heading home soon but my computer is almost out of battery. I'll post the answer in this thread because that way other Australian's who are considering pre-order will be able to see it.

I wasn't aware that the box art was like that for the special edition (Japanese). I hope that they keep it like that for the Western Special release.

Woah, wait, what the hell happened to that AUS pricing?! It was only $100 the last time I checked. This had better be an error or something.

Yeah it was $100 when I preodered and I went back to check and it has climbed up to $200. Hoping it's just wishful thinking on their parts and not the official AU pricing because if it is I'm so upset. I'll still buy it, but that's a good chunk of my paycheck.

Yeah it was $100 when I preodered and I went back to check and it has climbed up to $200. Hoping it's just wishful thinking on their parts and not the official AU pricing because if it is I'm so upset. I'll still buy it, but that's a good chunk of my paycheck.

I went to EB but their systems haven't been updated yet, I will call tomorrow morning to check pricing. The salesman there thought that the pricing listed as the placeholder values was accurate.

I wonder if all three games are really in the card. The Japanese version keeps showing the "Reading from SD Card" prompt when playing IK, which is a minor annoyance.

The person who wrote the original draft of Fates (I keep forgetting their name, sorry) isn't even credited as a writer in the credits apparently

Do you mean Kibiyashi, or the on who thought up the "split route" premise? Pretty sure they are properly credited.

I wonder if all three games are really in the card. The Japanese version keeps showing the "Reading from SD Card" prompt when playing IK, which is a minor annoyance.

Do you mean Kibiyashi, or the on who thought up the "split route" premise? Pretty sure they are properly credited.

IIRC, the Japanese Special Edition only included Hoshido and Nohr on the cartridge and came with a download code for IK (which released a month later)

IIRC, the Japanese Special Edition only included Hoshido and Nohr on the cartridge and came with a download code for IK (which released a month later)

Yep, and the American direct mentioned that Revelation wouldn't be available on launch day. The website blurb saying all 3 are on the same cart is probably a mistake.

I went to EB but their systems haven't been updated yet, I will call tomorrow morning to check pricing. The salesman there thought that the pricing listed as the placeholder values was accurate.

That's...unsurprising, but still upsetting. Goddamnit, I can take $100 PS4 games, but a bundle that is MORE THAN DOUBLE the price of what it is in America!? It's surpassed ridiculous and I hate that I'm going to pay for it anyway.

Honestly though, the worst part for me is that I was expecting a price increase compared to the NA version ($100 for three games that would normally be $60 on a single cartridge + art book and case is a goddamn steal), but if it had been from $120-130 it still would've been a no-brainer and if it went up to $150 I would've found that quite reasonable, as you'd be getting $10 off per game + the extras. But $200 for all three games and extras before DLC is insane. I'll probably buy it anyway though. I'll hate myself for it, but I'll buy it.

Honestly though, the worst part for me is that I was expecting a price increase compared to the NA version ($100 for three games that would normally be $60 on a single cartridge + art book and case is a goddamn steal), but if it had been from $120-130 it still would've been a no-brainer and if it went up to $150 I would've found that quite reasonable, as you'd be getting $10 off per game + the extras. But $200 for all three games and extras before DLC is insane. I'll probably buy it anyway though. I'll hate myself for it, but I'll buy it.

My sentiments exactly. I was expecting $120-150 for the special edition but $200 just seems so excessive. Like we've said I hope this is just a placeholder that they'll amend but given they actually went out of their way to quickly amend it to this from $99, seems unlikely. Aussie Aussie Aussie.

My sentiments exactly. I was expecting $120-150 for the special edition but $200 just seems so excessive. Like we've said I hope this is just a placeholder that they'll amend but given they actually went out of their way to quickly amend it to this from $99, seems unlikely. Aussie Aussie Aussie.

If you already bought the special edition at 99 dollars, don't they have to honor that agreement even if the price was "wrong"?

If you already bought the special edition at 99 dollars, don't they have to honor that agreement even if the price was "wrong"?

Haha one can dream but I doubt that since they specified it was a placeholder price. Serves me right for preordering literally the moment preorders went live and jumping the gun.

Haha one can dream but I doubt that since they specified it was a placeholder price. Serves me right for preordering literally the moment preorders went live and jumping the gun.

Huh … if that's so that's seriously unfortunate. I mean, I suppose if you wanted to you could cancel, but having a "placeholder price" seems a bit dishonest.