Pokemon Red Blue and Yellow

Dai

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not alone. I am super excited. After all the Gen 1 games are my favorite games in the series. Despite their problems, they are fun to play, I just hope they add a colour option so it is not completely 'bland' per sé. My original games batteries have since died and I don't like playing games I have on emulators but now I don't have to thank God. I just hope Gold, Silver and Crystal get the same treatment since their battery life was even worse.

I wouldn't get these. I've heard that the original Pokemon games have aged badly. I do remember though, my step brothers had Red and Blue back in the day. I asked for Yellow to complete the set, but I never got it. We were kind of poor back then though...

Yellow's fun purely for that you can get all starters and Pikachu's adorable animations. I'll be delighted to play the strangeness of Gen 1 again. I hope they keep the glitches, but that's unlikely.

Because we still have working copies of... almost every Pokemon game including Gen 1's, I won't be getting these. That said, it's certainly a great way to get younger gamers into the first generation of Pokemon seeing as the original games aren't cheep nowadays. Also, it's nice that they're implementing the wireless mechanic into VC games, like how they did with Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Edited by Power Master

Yellow's fun purely for that you can get all starters and Pikachu's adorable animations. I'll be delighted to play the strangeness of Gen 1 again. I hope they keep the glitches, but that's unlikely.

I dunno, they kept OoT's glitches in OoT 3DS. It's possible.

But you know, I'm now thinking that since I asked for Yellow so long ago, I might get it anyway. So I can finally have that feeling that I completed our set. I did get Crystal after I never got it a long time ago either... And I'd rather start with Pikachu than any of the other starters anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm hype. I thought it was really cool that they were adding wifi, firstly so I could play multiplayer with friends and secondly because it's a really important precedent (even though I'm not sure that they'll actually follow through on this) that Nintendo is adding a way to play multiplayer online with Virtual Console games. I'm sure everyone has at least a few games they'd want to play online on VC.

I'm hype. I thought it was really cool that they were adding wifi, firstly so I could play multiplayer with friends and secondly because it's a really important precedent (even though I'm not sure that they'll actually follow through on this) that Nintendo is adding a way to play multiplayer online with Virtual Console games. I'm sure everyone has at least a few games they'd want to play online on VC.

Yeah like FE7! Wifi LA would be pretty cool.

Btw, I might get Red or Yellow. These old games are pretty fun to play when one wants to lol around and not get plenty of hours getting immersed in another game.

I dunno, they kept OoT's glitches in OoT 3DS. It's possible.

OoT's glitches were mostly just physics abuse, though (clipping through walls, flying etc). Some of the stuff you could do in the old Pokemon games basically amounted to ram hacking from within the game's interface, which would be a direct route for hackers and pirates to get into the rest of the system and do whatever they want- and there's no way Nintendo would deliberately put something like that in.

Starfox Assault VC with online multiplayer when?

Also I may grab Yellow, it was my first Pokemon game and i would like to travel through Kanto in ye olden times again.

Edited by Jedi

I'd have much preferred it if they released it for Wii U like they have done for FE7, but eh.

I still have Red and Yellow on cartridge so I'm fine should I want to play it again.

i'm gonna get it

I have fire red but I don't really care it looks fine and I might even be able to trade with people on this

I know people love to complain about them but they're fun I'll get it

SgptvmJ.png

Hail to the king

My version of Blue still works fine, but I don't have a way of playing it. So I may buy either Blue or Yellow when it comes out. I hope the Mew and the MissingNo glitches are still in these games

Gen 1 Hyper Beam Gyarados let's go

Refa and I were discussing the Hyper Beam.

[5:16:30 AM] Refakitty³: hey you know what a big flaw of gen 1 is

[5:16:35 AM] Jedi: Hyper Beam
[5:16:37 AM] Refakitty³: that the latter games didn't have well some of them anyways
[5:16:38 AM] Refakitty³: no
[5:16:40 AM] Jedi: haha
[5:16:44 AM] Refakitty³: it's that you couldn't name your trainer HYPER BEAM
[5:16:52 AM] Refakitty³: come on guys step up the beat
[5:16:58 AM] Jedi: and name your pokemon Hyper Beam
[5:17:03 AM] Jedi: and have them know Hyper Beam
[5:17:20 AM] Jedi: Hyper Beams, Hyper Beam used Hyper Beam
[5:17:29 AM] Refakitty³: YEAH
[5:17:34 AM] Refakitty³: man now i want to do that
[5:17:38 AM] Refakitty³: or at least
[5:17:38 AM] Jedi: lmao
[5:17:42 AM] Jedi: Mr. Zap Cannon
[5:17:44 AM] Refakitty³: use a snorlax and be like
[5:17:53 AM] Jedi: OH GOD GEN 1 SNORLAX
[5:17:56 AM] Refakitty³: Slacker, Slacker Jr. used Slack Off.
[5:18:31 AM] Refakitty³: i guess snorlax is more of a slacker deluxe though
[5:18:40 AM] Jedi: Couch's Potato used Slack Off
[5:18:48 AM] Refakitty³: hahahaha