Which Pokémon has the stupidest name?

ruadath

I've always maintained that the Pokémon series took a dive after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (with varying degrees of responses from my friend group), not only because of the immense number of new Pokémon, but the clear negligence that has been made in their designs.

So which Pokémon do you think has the stupidest name and/or sucks the most?

For me, I would go with Sawsbuck, but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

seel

it's literally just seal spelled differently

the pokemon that sucks the most is the fucking snowflake thing from gen 5

like I'm not the kind of person who complains that a Pokemon is just *XXX animal/thing* but this isn't even a thing that's interesting to look at

it is literally just a robot snowflake thing

why would anyone want that

For me, I would go with Sawsbuck, but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

Dude, that one is one of the most clever names in the series. The "Saws" part means "summer, autumn, winter, spring" and the "buck" part is simply the word for a male deer.

Anyway, it's Lickilicky for me. Just...wtf.

Dude, that one is one of the most clever names in the series. The "Saws" part means "summer, autumn, winter, spring" and the "buck" part is simply the word for a male deer.

Anyway, it's Lickilicky for me. Just...wtf.

I don't know, I always felt like Sawsbuck was significantly less cool than Stantler.

The worst name is Cofagrigus. Not only is ridiculously hard on the tongue, it also cannot be traded on the GTS without a nickname.

I do wish GameFreak would fix that nonsense about certain Pokemon names preventing them from being traded without a nickname.

Cofagrigus is a cool name to me though, and I think it rolls off the tongue nicely. Maybe you're not pronouncing it right? It's supposed to be "coff-ah-GREE-gus" and a sort of fusion of the words "coffin" and"sarcophagus."

Edited by Anacybele

The worst name is Cofagrigus. Not only is ridiculously hard on the tongue, it also cannot be traded on the GTS without a nickname.

It's not the only one. There's around 15 others. Nosepass comes to mind.

Worst name imo is Seel. Lickilicky isn't far behind.

Muk mainly because of how uninspired it is, and the sophomoric joke surrounding that name because of the spelling.

Seel is just plain uninspired -- way more than when compared to Ekans and Arbok.

Mr. Mime does't make sense since Gen. 2.

Whoa that's neat. I never knew that! I never really thought what saws could mean other than "saw" (and I didn't understand how that related ^o^)