Canadians and the special edition....

Mekalygie

So, I have now been anxiously going back and forth between sites to preorder a beautiful copy of the special edition of this game, but to my regret, nothing appears.

Being form Canada and rarely ever preordering stuff, I honestly don't know what to think.

Can my fellow Canadians tell me what they think about this situation? What are you guys doing? Should we just wait for them to appear on the sites and then rush to get them? Or should we rather buy it from the States as fast as possible for lack of information about our country's releases?

Coz' really, at this point I don't even know if there will BE a special edition here, or if the special edition is even limited in numbers in the first place.

I'm also inviting anyone who eventually stumbles upon a preordering site for Canada to share it in tis thread.

PLEASE answer, I am really dying here not knowing anything. I NEED this special edition so bad :(

I dont think you can preorder the special edition in Canada right now. I preordered mine using the American amazon , I had to pay more money because of the American dollar. I was fine w/ shipping because my mom has a American mailbox.

EDIT :

So basically I'm saying you will have to wait to preorder the special edition in Canada

If you want it really bad , then just preorder off of Americam sites. But I heard they are all sold out ;/

If you do preorder off a American site you will have to pay more money. Mine was about $100

Edited by Krul

It sucks honestly. Nintendo of Canada doesn't seem to be very consistent with its limit edition bundles for online retailers not to mention the quantities are usually way less. For example, my local ebgames could only get 3 copies of the Smash Bros Wii U with GCN adapter and that didn't even appear for many of Canadian Online retailers either.

I had to get the amazon.com preorder and even then the markup would have been cheaper than if it was brought here considering the Xenoblade X bundle is way more expensive then the US version.

Edited by kingddd

Keep checking EB Games they are owned by GameStop and will probably have it soon, or go by a store if there is one close to you. I managed to order the set in my local GameStop store even though they were sold out online.

I know that some talk has been brought up about how at some point Amazon listed the FE Fates Special Edition as shippable internationally, but now the page actually states that it isn't eligible for international shipping...

To clear some confusion.

The reason why the Amazon page for FE Fates' Special Edition now says that ''this item isn't eligible for international shipping'' is because there is no currently available seller that can ship internationally. The wording is kind of misleading, but yeah.

Furthermore, my preorder is marked as sold by Amazon Export Sales LLC, with AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping as the shipment option, in my history. I think that says enough.

And... Amazon should tell you as you select your shipping address that said address can't be chosen as the shipping address, usually when an international transaction is in question.

So, take that as you will.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

From my experience, us Canadians ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when it comes to limited edition bundles.

Back when the New 3DS bundle with Happy Home Designer came out, EBGames didn't have ANY of them in stock and they didn't get any to this day. I had to spend more money to get the bundle at Best Buy than what I could have paid at EBGames because I had a lot of things to trade in towards it and Best Buy has a really crappy trade-in policy.

I really hope it's different in this case because I can understand the limited amount of new 3DS systems that was bundled but in this case, they're just packing three games in one so I don't think they would have any trouble in terms of stock.

It's the waiting game, really :\

EDIT: And even if you email them, they'll probably say the generic "we cannot confirm the availability of this item at this time". I emailed them countless times about the New 3DS Happy Home Designer bundle and that was the response every time.

Edited by carefreejules

From my experience, us Canadians ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when it comes to limited edition bundles.

Back when the New 3DS bundle with Happy Home Designer came out, EBGames didn't have ANY of them in stock and they didn't get any to this day. I had to spend more money to get the bundle at Best Buy than what I could have paid at EBGames because I had a lot of things to trade in towards it and Best Buy has a really crappy trade-in policy.

I really hope it's different in this case because I can understand the limited amount of new 3DS systems that was bundled but in this case, they're just packing three games in one so I don't think they would have any trouble in terms of stock.

It's the waiting game, really :\

EDIT: And even if you email them, they'll probably say the generic "we cannot confirm the availability of this item at this time". I emailed them countless times about the New 3DS Happy Home Designer bundle and that was the response every time.

Yeah in my area no one coud get the Happy Home N3DS bundle and I only saw one copy in the middle of nowhere walmart in North Vancouver a place with the most least amount of gamers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pre-order everything online from them and they're usually msrp so $79ish I'm guessing?

aaahh so nobody bothered to check amazon? aha, i just went on their and they have special edition up for preorder.

retail it's $99, with tax comes up to $112.

aaahh so nobody bothered to check amazon? aha, i just went on their and they have special edition up for preorder.

retail it's $99, with tax comes up to $112.

they're usually more expensive than EB, I'll take my chances with them or videogamesplus.ca, they don't have the SE up yet but they were first with the last corpse party release