FEXP Questions (There will be many)

ProtoZeroSP

Yes, I know. FEXP doesn't really have anyone supporting right now, considering Yeti dropped it, and Klok dropped his own version of FEXP, but if anyone is experienced enough with the engine and editing things, I'd like some help. (Yes, I got Klok's ultimate guide for FEXP)

First and foremost: Does anyone have a portrait formatter from GBA FE to FEXP? I know that Cedar Nyx made one a while back, but it seems that the links to get it are broken.

2. I get this window that shows up constantly while playtesting that just shows [334, 0]. The box is treated as an error box, but it doesn't close the playtest. I know the error has to do with the "FE Tilemap" script, as the box started appearing when I got a divide by zero error at the same time the box started appearing in line 53 of the script. Maybe it has to do with my villages, since I set them to self-switch, and after it switches, the village doesn't show the closed village graphic, but it can't be re-visited.

3. Is there a good application to make portraits? Because, really, I suck at it, and I don't want to use MS Paint.

I'll add more questions in later posts, or edit this post.

Thanks for your time!

First and foremost: Does anyone have a portrait formatter from GBA FE to FEXP? I know that Cedar Nyx made one a while back, but it seems that the links to get it are broken.

2. I get this window that shows up constantly while playtesting that just shows [334, 0]. The box is treated as an error box, but it doesn't close the playtest. I know the error has to do with the "FE Tilemap" script, as the box started appearing when I got a divide by zero error at the same time the box started appearing in line 53 of the script. Maybe it has to do with my villages, since I set them to self-switch, and after it switches, the village doesn't show the closed village graphic, but it can't be re-visited.

3. Is there a good application to make portraits? Because, really, I suck at it, and I don't want to use MS Paint.

1. mm... I can make a rar and upload it. But may I?

2. hmm strange. Just copy-paste the original event and edit specific lines.

3. There is always paint.net

I did a quick search and found no FE GBA-style portrait generators. I recommend using MS paint to splice some portraits. There are a lot of tutorials available. If you'd like I can make you 3 or 4 splices to start you off.

More luckily for you than us, we actually still use the same portrait formatter for FEXNA, so Klok always has a Dropbox copy.

Application to make portraits? MS Paint really is your best bet, unless you can draw--Vista(I think?) Paint and before are great for simple splicing. Paint.NET is also good for more complex splices. If you were to get into drawing(customing) your own sprites or generally need more detailing, Graphicsgale has nice tools actually made for pixel art.