FE6 randomized draft

Gradivus.

So I'm not a big fan of the idea of randomizing the recruitment order and giving independent teams to each player, so let's try something different. Basically, everyone randomizes their rom before the drafting phase, and each character is draftable exactly one time. Mention the classes when picking your units.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Roy, Marcus and Merlinus are free for all to use.
3. One undrafted Dancer / Bard is free to use for each player.
4. One unit will remain undrafted.
5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Randomizer options:
a7x3fGb.png

Note: if a stat rolls more than +/- 3, I'll reduce the change to 3, and suggest you do it too. I'll leave that optional to keep things simple, though.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Use of the Warp staff is allowed.
4. All Gaiden chapters are required to be visited. Chapter 20x (either route) does not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.
5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.
7. Dancers / Bards may not dance for each other.
8. If you promote Roy, you are free to hack his auto-demotion after chapter 21x away.
9. Glitches caused by the randomizer may not be made use of. These include non-Roy Lords being able to seize and the possibility of moving units on tiles they cannot normally pass by using the drop command or a Warp/Rescue staff.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Dancers / Bards dancing for each other has a 15-turn penalty, per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary promotion items.

Teams:
Gradivus.: Mercenary!Roy, Druid!Marcus, Bard!Shin + Nomad!Lugh, Wyvern Rider!Noah, Fighter!Lance, Cleric!Wolt, Dancer!Zeiss, Lord!Saul, Thief!Barth, Sniper!Dayan, Sage!Karel, Berserker!Bartre
fireemblemcai: Shaman!Roy, mManakete!Marcus, Bard!Bors + Nomad!Chad, Mage!Miledy, Wyvern Rider!Treck, Cavalier!Ward, Cleric!Gonzales, Bard!Astore, Cavalier!Hugh, General!Douglas, Nomad Trooper!Fa, Mercenary!Lalum
TempestStorm: Knight!Roy, Nomad Trooper!Marcus, Bard!Ray + Wyvern Rider!Alan, Falcoknight!Zealot, Archer!Lot, Pegasus Knight!Dorothy, Hero!Igrene, Myrmidon!Wendy, Shaman!Clarine, Thief!Elphin, Druid!Yuno, Nomad!Cath
Irysa: Shaman!Roy, Hero!Marcus, Troubadour!Alan + Cavalier!Dieck, Pegasus Knight!Ellen, Nomad!Shanna, Wyvern Rider!Ray, Druid!Percival, Pirate!Bors, Wyvern Rider!Fir, Falcoknight!Yodel, Valkyrie!Niime, Pirate!Tate
Sniper Knight: Archer!Roy, Warrior!Marcus, Dancer!Ellen + Wyvern Rider!Oujay, Druid!Klein, Cavalier!Geese, Mage!Rutger, Falcoknight!Echidna, Wyvern Lord!Cecilia, Dancer!Lilina, Myrmidon!Sue, Nomad Trooper!Garret, Pegasus Knight!Sophia

[spoiler=Remaining units]Shin

The randomizer: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55809

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about having everyone publish their cast before, but when I tried doing it with mine I stopped when I was like 1/4 through my changelog because it's tedious. Just noting down the classes of your drafted units should be enough. (it also fits the randomness better than making everything transparent tbh)

example: I pick Nomad Alan, you pick Cav Bors etc.

Edited by Gradivus.

Draftable, they're just strong combat units with 5 mov, unless someone proves they're worth a rule.

Also removed the 2-turn penalty special rule for the first 5 chapters, it shouldn't be too hard to keep undrafteds out of range, especially when Merlinus can play bait on a tile with terrain bonuses.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm not really convinced on why we should wait out the forced promotion, it always sucks to have Roy in vanilla FE6 be stuck as unpromoted for a long time anyway, so I don't see why it wouldn't be fair. I mean, this isn't original FE6 anyway, so I wouldn't add a rule against an item promotion on Roy for that reason alone, and in other hacks like RR it also is considered fair to promote the Lord (in RR's case, Karel).

You can edit the demotion away quite easily using Nightmare: http://www.feshrine.net/hacking/nightmare.php Download the original version and the FE6 module, then load rom, load module -> class editor, choose your Roy's promoted class, change the "promotes to" field where the unpromoted class initially stands into the name of the promoted one, hit enter and save the rom.

My Roy will probably be godlike but the most of my other units are chumps haha.

hLhCjt6.png

0BNCuwB.png

#steroyds

@Sniper Knight I think we should purposely not share the logs before the drafting phase to keep them invisible to the rest, which may or may not turn out to be a better idea than just uploading them directly.

Edited by Gradivus.

Do it for the units you draft only, the stats on the rest won't matter.

Not sure about changing bosses back, it's up to you.

Edited by Gradivus.

You must keep the randomized items.

uvQ5ofg.png

I take Nomad!Lugh.

btw, I don't think warp necessarily needs to be banned, maybe we should allow it to try it out. Ideas?

Edited by Gradivus.

It might be fine to rerandomize for dancers. I didn't want to make any written rules about when to rerandomize because it's pretty arbitrary. Seems like I'll allow Warp though. 60% of my unpromoted units are staff users with kind of poor magic haha.

Edited by Gradivus.