FE6 randomized draft

Gradivus.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I misunderstanding something then? Gradivus said SniperKnight could use Bard Ellen even though I drafted her, so isn't one refresher free? You don't have to take either of your Bards to get one of them for free.

And fireemblemcai is talking like he can use Bors despite the fact I drafted him too.

Edited by Irysa

Oh, I thought you meant you wouldn't be using either of them as a rebuttal to my query about if I could get a free healer to make up for being technically 1 utility unit down versus everyone else.

I'll do a screenshot playlog for this.

A small anecdote from my life:

I figured out that Internet Explorer was to blame for me not being able to c/p or embed images here. Switched to firefox and all the problems were gone lol.

C1 5/5 turns

WuVkR8P.png

These are my chumps.

cClePpW.png

Roy is great, our boy will stomp things dead this time around. He only has a regular Iron Sword, but it's enough against the Fighters in this chapter and kills soldiers easily too for the next couple of chapters. He'll also gain exp very easily and probably promote at the start of C8 or something and become one of my bosskillers. Weapon ranks: D Swd.

5NvBFIw.pngaDXsY1o.png

He can oneshot or almost oneshot many earlygame enemies with flux, and deal great damage against bosses or other tough enemies with Fenrir, which will be good for a while. It won't be long until some enemies double him though, and he's in 3HKO range as of now, so he isn't very good defensively, but decent enough for now. He might have decent avoid on forest tiles. Weapon ranks: A Dark, E Stf.

xlGSnb3.pngu09BwbA.png

Statwise, he looks pretty terrible, but he has a lot of time to grow, decent growths and is the only warp user on my team yet, so I'll be sure to train him constantly. Weapon ranks: D Stf.

VvptV4J.pngEUtgSt7.png

His stats are solid actually, so combined with his growths he might stay useful for later. He'll be very clutch for recruiting Lugh, that much I know already. With Iron Axes, he can pull decent hitrates too. Weapon ranks: D Axe.

xkurqQM.pngJosaTqM.png

Bors' Wyrmslayer has a really good 10 mt and will allow Roy to trivialize wyvern riders in C7 or some other durable earlygame enemies when there's a need to. He can't quite use it yet due to wexp limitations. Allen brings 2 Iron Axes for Lance.

4KrVJAY.png

End of turn 1. Allen gives his Iron Axes to Lance, who then goes into position. On the EP, Lance faces 2 Fighters, one of which he has to dodge, and Roy counterkills a Fighter very easily.

y6W6tZc.pngGmnDowY.pngi3gG2ps.pngpheWCoM.png

Lance finishes a Fighter with Hand Axe and allows Wolt to heal him from a safe location and take his axes away. Roy and Marcus kill the Archer and a Fighter respectively. EP, Lance is targeted by the bottom Fighter. Roy is in range of 3 Fighters, so he has to dodge one (or two, had he been hit on turn 1) to survive:

QMiM1Gn.png

0nPfcXv.pngLLl6Iwy.png

Turn 3, Wolt gives the axes back to Lance and heals him. Roy moves onto the forest tile and gets healed by Marcus. On the EP, Lance gets hit by the Fighter again and finishes him off. Roy counterkills another Fighter that remained at the top of the map.

13wZtau.png

Turn 4. Wolt heals Lance, who then goes towards the village.

mNeRdmM.png

Roy and Marcus keep approaching the gate, with Roy keeping his role as the main frontliner up. He ORKOes two Fighters on the EP.

uHaWJPz.png

Turn 5, Lance visits the village.

X3L3Fjo.png

Marcus OHKOes Damas, who funnily rolled Pirate. Roy seizes.

33iqv6y.pngPzZ8GXL.png

UNIT     CLASS     LEVEL  HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES   WEXP
Roy      Merc      3.24   23   9   9  14   6   4   1   D Swd
Marcus   Druid     1.26   23  12  10   5  12   7  11   A Dark E Stf
Wolt     Cleric    1.33   22   2   5   3   0   0   6   D Stf
Lance    Fighter   1.88   20   7   5   6   0   2   0   D Axe

C2 8/13 turns

8tg2PAi.png.vnb0P7V.png.xI44c5Q.png

Turn 1, Merlinus goes up to visit the village. Roy and Lance kill the soldiers, and Roy gets healed by Wolt. Marcus just moves down. EP, Roy facetanks a Hand Axe!Fighter and counterkills a soldier.

Dieck's group arrived on turn 2, they all are undrafted for me so just have a look at their stuff, which is pretty amazing:

mrnfg9i.pngMyXXw6m.pngpl6iiTt.pngKZppv3b.png

Anyway, Roy gets healed by Wolt and moves onto the fort and kills the Fighter to his right.

TBuvQSV.png

Marcus then chips the Fighter to the left of the fort and Lance kills him.

kweH5gs.png.e4QDhHW.png

Merlinus gets the Armorslayer.

fR2tYHT.png

my8aw74.png

Dieck's group goes out of enemy range. EP, the remaining Fighter suicides against Marcus.

Turn 3, Wolt heals Marcus, who then moves ahead once Dieck's gang got out of the way. Merlinus tradechains the Armorslayer to Roy. No PP combat, Roy and Lance just moved forward.

rxMgPCU.pngZhv3MBh.png

The Fighter on the fort suicides on Marcus, the soldier attacks Roy, who ended up missing. The rest of the enemies can't attack anyone yet.

vKTeYqo.png

Lance finishes off Roy's soldier and Roy + Marcus charge ahead, killing the other two soldiers.

ar7dh8j.png.NBvov0X.png.MAJCtux.png.pxWrcUu.png

On the EP, a bunch of enemies moved:

skEzPIC.png

Roy kills the Fighter, Marcus goes onto the fort and kills the soldier, while Wolt just heals Lance:

NpkfQLJ.pngmOOIU6f.png

Merlinus buys 1 Iron Sword, 1 Iron Bow and 2 Javelins.

End of turn 5:

RapLT22.png

On the EP, Marcus gets attacked by a Fighter, who he almost kills. Roy is attacked by a Jav!Soldier and an archer.

3E11xi6.png

Lance finishes the Fighter at range after Marcus killed the soldier:

SwNnYqh.pngl3kxNyY.png

Roy moves ahead:

ExmVcd1.png

On the EP, Roy counterkills the Mercenary. An Archer and a Fighter attack Lance.

7aHixR1.png

Wolt heals Lance and he uses a Vulnerary after fullmoving ahead. Marcus heals Roy, who then ORKOes the upper Fighter.

8voSJlQ.png.W0HwhpA.png.8THWJjQ.png.aCQW2GH.png.

Wolt has to dodge either the Archer or the Fighter on the EP, and ended up dodging the Fighter. Due to Roy being healed up, Lance is the Archer's target, resulting in the path to the boss not being blocked.

zwaDfI9.png

Marcus attacks the boss with Flux, Wolt heals Lance for extra exp and Lance finishes off with Hand Axe:

zuso5Wf.pnghoDh1EG.png

hbGj6yd.png2nbbSK7.png

Roy      Merc      5.08   25  10   9  14   8   5   1   D Swd
Marcus   Druid     1.62   23  12  10   5  12   7  11   A Dark E Stf
Wolt     Cleric    2.12   23   3   5   3   1   0   6   D Stf
Lance    Fighter   4.05   23   8   6   6   2   3   1   D Axe

I pick Thief!Barth and Lord!Saul.

@Irysa I think it's an iffy idea because of draft logic, but I'll let you use him forever with a single 8-turn penalty and we'll see how it works out. I'm really not quite sure either since it's new territory and you were sort of unlucky about that so yeah, idk how to make a fair compensation for it, or if one is needed/a good idea in the first place.

Edited by Gradivus.

Man 8 turns is harsh, but doing Chapter 7 with no Healer does not sound fun at all. I'll bite the bullet.

Now I need to decide if I'm going to 5 turn Chapter 1 with 91 EXP to Roy or 6 Turn it with 200!

Redid C2 to buy an iron bow since Lugh spawned with a BALLISTA, the strat stayed the very same aside from the screenshot where I show the money, so I just edited that.

C3 8/21 turns

Spoiler

VjM4liI.png

Free Chest Key is neat I guess. Door Key is valuable too.

5tCCtFP.png

Merlinus gives the Iron Bow to Lance, who then advances towards Lugh's village. Chad gives a flux tome to Marcus, most chumps hide in the corner and Roy, Marcus and Wolt begin the charge through the castle. Wolt is out of enemy range. Bors takes the Iron Sword out of the convoy and gives it to Roy.

CrEqCIS.png

Roy counterkills the melee soldiers and facetanks the other, as well as the Archer.

shao9Vq.png

Wolt then heals Roy, Marcus kills the soldier at the castle's entrance and Roy fullmoves ahead. Lance kills the Javelin!Soldier coming from Lugh's village with an Iron Axe. Merlinus shields Wolt.

KjS4s9i.png.T9we0pV.png

The remaining soldier to the left suicides on Lance. A bunch of units attack Merlinus, and he survived by dodging the Javelin!Soldier. The closest soldier suicides on Roy.

leizY76.png.EV7n1sL.png

I figured out that Marcus can do the bosskill in time even if goes back here by a bit. He kills the melee!Soldier with Fenrir, and Wolt + Merlinus retreat. Lance progresses on his way to the village, with a Hand Axe equipped.

1xWVmZ2.png.Wcciq51.png

The left formation ensures that Merlinus isn't exposed to both the Javelin!Soldier and the Archer, which makes the other suicide on Marcus. Roy's position makes the Javelin!Soldier attack him through the wall, instead of blocking the way.

yFYxlPs.png.zHQTQrJ.png

Turn 4, Lance recruits Lugh.

5J18C21.pngbtNBWbd.png

He'll have very good offense and be important for ferrying jobs. Might contribute to bosskills later on. Ballista will help killing this chapter's boss too, and likely some others. Apparently I forgot to edit the -4 Lck debuff and probably won't bother at this point. Weapon ranks: D Bow.

Lugh finishes the Archer that attacked Lance right after taking the Iron Bow.

Ni2rQGe.png

Wolt heals Merlinus while standing on a forest tile. Marcus heals Roy, who then kills the soldier that attacked him through the wall.

NyLObhX.png.3owRtK6.png

On the EP, Roy counterkills a soldier and gets attacked by the Knight.

1BPPltJ.png

Turn 5, Marcus heals Roy, who then moves ahead, equipping the armorslayer.

h4S8bK6.png

Merlinus and Wade do positioning shenanigans to ensure Wolt isn't in range of the Jav!Soldier while healing Merlinus without being on a forest because I don't exactly know the AI.

0leTh4p.png

Roy counterkilled a Sword!Cav, a soldier and a knight on the EP.

mJvE4Gs.png

Marcus Fenrir'd the Cav in the way and Roy attacked the next Cav with Iron Sword so Lugh can take the kill with the ballista.

LcsjqoY.pngmGACtDw.png

More weird formations to ensure Merlinus is the Javelin target on all the upcoming turns:

b8WETjd.png

Roy counterkills a soldier and facetanks a Jav!Cav and a Hand Axe!Fighter.

yEcJYFO.png

Lugh is fed the Cavalier kill by Marcus:

ILoChnU.png

The Fighter attacked Lugh through the wall because he still had the ballista equipped, which made him unable to counter and he had 0 AS, but he only faced 59 hit so he dodged a hit.

Wxcks75.png

Turn 8, Marcus and Lugh gang up on the boss:

FjR1XFZ.pngA87Lw1R.png

Merlinus gets the Mend staff just in time too.

CAfJqDf.png

Wolt also got a heal on every turn except turn 1, in case you haven't noticed yet.

IwlcHrf.pngjr8lIKV.png

Roy      Merc      7.42   26  11  11  14   8   5   1   C Swd
Marcus   Druid     2.02   24  12  10   5  12   7  11   A Dark E Stf
Wolt     Cleric    2.89   23   3   5   3   1   0   6   D Stf
Lance    Fighter   4.70   23   8   6   6   2   3   1   D Axe
Lugh     Nomad     2.84   16   8   10  9   1   3   4   D Bow

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm at chapter 5, 40 turns so far. Roy gets doubled by EVERYTHING and Marcus stopped doubling in chapter 4. Took 29 turns between 3 and 4 cause archers and my units are not that bulky. Oh yeah and Knight Roy. Level 5 and has gained no spd, 1 def. I'll have logs Saturday

ok so lets get started!

ch 1 turns (5/5)

mamkete marus only has 5 move and he starts at the back of the army :(

both roy and marcus have 5 con so roy couldnt get carried

def couldve done this in 4 turns if marucs had 1 more con or a better starting position

other then that marcus rolled over everyone, got danced once or twice, and roy seized

ch 2 turns (8/13)

cavalier wade joins the fray!

marcus and roy clears the brigands turns 1 and 2 and moves for throne

wade holds on the fort for a couple turns and gets a crappy hp and skill only lvl up

everyone then goes for the throne together and marcus kills the boss

ch 3 turns (9/22)

ok i def couldve shaved some turns off this if i had marcus go with the main group to the throne

but i was curious to what items lugh had so i had him go north and everyone else goes for the throne

turns out lugh only had a halberd but wade got 2 speed lvl ups (its a miracle!) so i didnt think it was worth resetting

to cut a couple turns. Nomad Chad also joins the party and gets fed some kills and gets some epic levels

ch 4 turns (6/28)

everyone goes to the middle and gets throne. turn 4 nomad chad split from the group to get the angelic robe

marcus was danced a few times and killed a bunch of cavs and the boss. missed rutger and his items

because i finished the map b4 he spawned

team members as of ch 5

fb41035cd5.png0f0f54c95d.png58c82af12a.png94dc0e4210.png74b2b14599.jpg

Edited by fireemblemcai

chapter 5 turns (3/31)

marcus gets danced turn 1 and opens gate and kills people and the boss

this took me quite a few resets to figure out how to 3 turn it

either roy or marcus kept getting blocked at the gate resulting in a 4 turning

on the one try i finnally figured it out and wade gets a crit (go figure) and i 3 turned it

Chapter 6 turns (4/35)

marcus gets danced t1 and kills one of the mages at the top of the ramp

everyone else follows

t2 marcus chad and wade all kill one of the soldiers

t3 i actually had to reset my first attempt because the boss with a theif and apparantly could move from the throne

and also steal the firestone off marcus, i have marcus give chad the stone and everyone moves further up

t4 chad hits the boss with his bow and marcus moves in the slot infront retrades the firestone and kills the boss

roy gets danced and seized

roy also broke the one flux he had chapter 3 or so i believe and has been basically just a seize-bot since

Edited by fireemblemcai

chapter 7 turns (10/45)

this chapter was a real pain to recruit zealot who would then recruit treck but then somehow keep zealot out of combat.

marcus also couldnt double the cavs and they were a pain to kill

i also had to restart this one twice right in front of the throne because the first time the reinforcenments at the throne showed and killed me (i forgot they were there)

and the second time was rlly heartbreaking when roy came up one space short of the throne and i had to restart the whole thing since the reinforcements would kill me

basically the strategy had been chad roy and wade went to get treck and zealot while marcus cleared a path to the gate

merilnus went village hopping and zealot did some shopping

chapter 8 (18/63)

Yay astore joins so double the dancing fun now!

this chapters rlly long and windy :/ took forever to just get across the map

gave some chest keys i bought last chapter from the shop to merilnus and treck

kinda just fought through to the throne, not rlly much to say about that

merilnus went and got the chests in the middle of the map while treck flew to the bottom and got those chests

boss was a 19 armour general sitting on the throne >_> but i managed to kill him with armourslayer wade and marcus

good news! barth was a shaman carrying nosferatu so roy has a weapon now! bad news! roy only has D rank magic...

Edited by fireemblemcai

Sniper knight, you need to pick someone other than Hugh because fireemblemcai has him already as a cav.

Also fireemblemcai, your turncounts are off by 9, starting with this:

ch 3 turns (9/13)

C4 5/26 turns

wNVQdf5.png

Units go into formation. On the EP, Roy counterkills the Cav and Marcus kills a Cav and a Nomad.

ltii88R.png

Roy brings the remaining Cav's HP down so Lugh can take the kill. Marcus, Lance and Merlinus just move ahead and Wolt mends Roy.

E4X0wiv.pngw4AqThz.png

Marcus counterkills the Nomad and brings both Cavs down to low HP.

pU3bu5l.png

Turn 3, Wolt heals Marcus, Roy gets rid of a Cav (didn't double because the Iron Sword was at 1 use) and Lance rescues him. Lugh finishes the other Cavalier.

WVT4KS4.pngDJw9Yte.png

Marcus fenrir's the last Cav in the vicinity and takes a position to OHKO three other enemies on EP.

6Z4t25s.png

qaiTF7Z.png9ADfJFR.png

Start of turn 4. Thwomp!Clarine spawned, packing a free horseslayer.

Wolt heals Marcus. Lance gives Roy to Lugh, who then drops him near the castle. Marcus attacks one of the Cavs with Flux, instead of killing with Fenrir, since it might break on the EP otherwise.

xR45cRP.png.KmS3Eiw.png

On the EP, Lugh has to dodge a 67 disp hit from the Iron Lance!Cav (or an 80 from the Iron Sword one, but that's unlikely).

pkc00Kg.png

Turn 5, Lance finishes the Iron Lance!Cav with a Hand Axe due to Marcus' flux chip on turn 4 and Wolt heals Lugh.

qRYoIme.png.mb7Syep.png

Marcus chips the boss, Lugh takes the kill.

QlwLD5A.png.M6HSkfM.png

Merlinus gets the Angelic Robe and Deke buys 5 Hand Axes.

NQWNDi5.png.Wdx9T1F.png

Finally, Roy seizes the gate.

vnwGSrE.pngUxLCXmo.png

Roy      Merc      7.80   26  11  11  14   8   5   1   C Swd
Marcus   Druid     2.51   24  12  10   5  12   7  11   A Dark E Stf
Wolt     Cleric    3.34   24   4   5   4   1   0   6   D Stf
Lance    Fighter   5.03   24   9   7   7   3   3   1   D Axe
Lugh     Nomad     4.93   18   9  10  10   1   3   4   D Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

Lets say hypothetically we choose to go Bartre route.

Are we allowed to have Wade/Lot visit their own homes for the better items without penalty? You get a Speedwings and a Swordslayer for having them visit the correct houses vs an Elixir and a Door Key.

Note that this route costs more turns anyway so...

Edited by Irysa