mm..who in book 2, can use an axe?

Peter The Cool

IS guy 1: Ah, steel lances and silver axes exist!

IS guy 2: GUYS! BOOK 2 HAS NO AXE USERS!

IS guy 1: But I made a silver axe!

IS guy 2: Then make some random enemy drop one in Book 1!

IS guy 1: But Boo-

IS guy 2: Make them like those money chests in Book 1!

IS guy 1: Fine...

TL;DR: Silver Axe=Blue Gem.

If I recall, Kaga never was a fan of axe users anyway. It was only around Thracia 776 that he warmed up to them and put in effort to do more than make their inclusion obligatory.

I wouldn't be surprised if his plan for a bit was to phase out Axes as a player weapon at all and have them just be enemy only; both Gaiden and Book 2 of Old Mystery have no playable axe users whatsoever.

Anyway, yeah, the Silver Axes are meant to be sold, if I recall right they are even outright replaced with bags of gold in New Mystery (since that actually has axe users).

If I recall, Kaga never was a fan of axe users anyway. It was only around Thracia 776 that he warmed up to them and put in effort to do more than make their inclusion obligatory.

I wouldn't be surprised if his plan for a bit was to phase out Axes as a player weapon at all and have them just be enemy only; both Gaiden and Book 2 of Old Mystery have no playable axe users whatsoever.

Anyway, yeah, the Silver Axes are meant to be sold, if I recall right they are even outright replaced with bags of gold in New Mystery (since that actually has axe users).

Also, axes stink in fe4. (the only good one is the hero axe, and that's good in spite of being an axe, not because of it.)

Edited by sirmola

It has +1 Might and -10% Accuracy compared to the Hero Lance, so I'd say that it's just a good weapon period (it's probably even better than the Hero Lance when you consider that it's better against lancers and the Hero Lance isn't so hot against swordies because it can't double).

On the other hand good luck at hitting sword users with the hero lance. There aren't any axe users to worry about so the WTD the Hero Lance has isn't a big deal. Hero Lance might just be better because of the units that use it (Fin and Fury are better than Lex, any lance user in gen 2 is better than the axe bros)

Hero Lance might just be better because of the units that use it (Fin and Fury are better than Lex, any lance user in gen 2 is better than the axe bros)

You can always just give the hero axe to your master knight if you don't like your dedicated axe user.

I personally always liked Lex once he had the Hero Axe. Can't double but Hero Axe makes up for that and his defense is pretty good. Strength isnt bad either.

Explains why Othin is one of the only axe users I like.

So wait, Barst Cord and Bord exit in Book 1 and then just vanish in Book 2? Weird.

Large chunks of book one cast don't show up again. FE12 retcons most of them back in (along with six characters who were previously BSFE exclusive.) That's why FE12's cast is so massive. they took what was already a full sized cast from book 2 and added around 20 more people.

Edited by sirmola