If your main could only use five attacks, what would they be?

euklyd

Ike

You definitely want upthrow for your one throw. Dthrow knockback scales up very quickly, while upthrow stays reliable much later. Picking aerials and recovery moves definitely gets tricky, though, since full recovery ability requires two moves instead of just one on most characters. My gut feeling would be:

Jab

Nair

Fair

Bair

Quick Draw

Jab, nair, and fair are for sure. I could see an argument for dash attack or Aether making the list over bair/QD, but I think QD and bair are more broadly useful. Bair and dash attack are both great kill moves, but bair can autocancel out of SH which makes it slightly safer to throw out when compared with dash attack's crazy ending frames. Ledge-drop bairs are also super nice damage-builders on several stages. 3/5 moves being aerials does seem a little unbalanced, though. Unfortunately, neither QD nor Aether are really useful outside of recovery, and I don't think I can justify wasting two slots on Ike's measly recovery. So I have to go with the single most helpful recovery tool. While QD is more gimp-able than Aether, I feel like it can save you in a larger number of situations since it works from most launch trajectories above the stage. Could be wrong there, though. I haven't actually compared Aether vs. QD usage in pro matches.

Toon Link:

U-tilt (easy 40% combos against fast fallers)

U-smash (killing, ending u-tilt combos)

U-air (killing)

Bombs (setups)

Fair (kills on stages with high ceilings)

Back throw (Up throw is a close second but those 110% edge kills)

Jigglypuff:

Rest (lol)

Fair (wop)

Bair (bair is life)

Pound (shields)

Uair

Up throw probably

As an actual Cap player in Smash 4:

-Raptor Dive (recovery, duh, plus mixups vs. platforms)

-Bair (spaces and kills, intense value)

-Uair (starts combos, continues combos, mad damage, juggles--good move)

-Dash attack (creates mixups and isn't bad in general, sucks on block but it's not meant to be safe)

-Jab (good get off me move, sets up grab, solid damage)

Throw: Down throw, actually has some combo potential.

Overall, only the one kill move, but still has his most important neutral tools and still gets kills.

Link

- Bombs

- U-tilt

- Nair

- Spin Attack

- Jab

- D-throw

Super original totally, although it's most likely to be the best set up. Part of me kinda wants fair but it's not as good as nair. U-throw also kills eventually but it's not d-throw.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Mac

-Jab

-Forward tilt

-Forward smash

-Down smash

-Up smash

-Down throw

Kind of assuming KO punch stays because the gauge isn't really a move. No recoveries, because... you're not going to recover anyway, better to try and win where you can.

you still need to press a button to use it

so like you can have the gauge but can't use the punch

by the same token, if you pick neutral special you get both the KO punch and normal neutral special

Falco:

Shine

Dair

Laser

Bair

Uptilt

Do the Westballz and just laser, wavedash turn-around uptilt, and combo the mess out of them if your uptilt hits. It has never not worked against a player worse than me.

It's the ultimate noob slayer.

you still need to press a button to use it

so like you can have the gauge but can't use the punch

by the same token, if you pick neutral special you get both the KO punch and normal neutral special

thats dumb and i'm ignoring it. i'll sacrifice my grounded jump for it