Gamestop Preorders are back up!

Purse Owner

Wow, that Fates Special Edition is hotter than the Mewtwo Amiibo right now. I'm impressed.

I only pre-ordered Birthright though, since I don't want the Conquest version. Otherwise, I'd have jumped in that special edition for sure.

Wow, that Fates Special Edition is hotter than the Mewtwo Amiibo right now. I'm impressed.

I only pre-ordered Birthright though, since I don't want the Conquest version. Otherwise, I'd have jumped in that special edition for sure.

Hmmm. . .do you plan on doing Revelations? If so, I'd go for the special edition, for the other extras (since Revelations IIRC would cost about as much as a full path).

Welp. Canadians are once again on the lower end of the stick on that one =/

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work outside of PayPal.

PayPal just thinks it can't ship to Canada because GameStop's international shipping options aren't factored in for whatever reason.

So now I got two Special Edition preorders, get at me

post-12123-0-60618800-1447631965_thumb.png

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Hmmm. . .do you plan on doing Revelations? If so, I'd go for the special edition, for the other extras (since Revelations IIRC would cost about as much as a full path).

Um, why, when Revelation will be coming out separately? And I'd still be paying for a version that I don't want if I got the special edition anyway.

Aaaaand GameStop's sold out again.

Time for another waiting game, online folks.

Or pre-order it in-store if you haven't and can afford to do so.

Yo yo, just gonna put that the preorders are gone now. I hope some people managed to snag one before it went away!

I sure did. Got two different preorders now; one on Amazon and one on GameStop. Definitely useful in case one of them gets cancelled for whatever reason. Or I'll get two and have either a backup copy, or a collectible. Basically I'll still be happy. Whatever works now that the deed is done. Edited by ItzMeeMario

Aaaaand GameStop's sold out again.

Time for another waiting game, online folks.

Or pre-order it in-store if you haven't and can afford to do so.

I have to get it in store since I cannot afford it anyway.

According to GameStop's description, Revelations will be released 3 weeks after the main game.

So? People who got the special edition will still have to wait for Revelation too. The special edition will just let you get it without having to pay anything extra when it comes out.

So? People who got the special edition will still have to wait for Revelation too. The special edition will just let you get it without having to pay anything extra when it comes out.

I'm pretty sure Revelation is on the SE card. Hence, it doesn't have to be downloaded later on; it's already there.

I don't think you should buy the SE if you don't plan to play Conquest, but early access to Revelation is an SE benefit. I've seen a lot of people say things like, "But you need time to complete the other two routes, so it's not worth it!" but I'm still really happy about it since I'm planning on playing from easiest to hardest difficulty rather than route by route.

Edited by Minischew

I'm pretty sure Revelation is on the SE card. Hence, it doesn't have to be downloaded later on; it's already there.

No, the Direct said Revelation wouldn't be available right away for anyone.

Oh, so once Revelation is released, there will be some form of an update that will unlock Revelation for those of us who have the special edition? We can't play Revelation right away? =/

Edited by Leif

Oh, so once Revelation is released, there will be some form of an update that will unlock Revelation for those of us who has the special edition? We can't play Revelation right away? =/

If it works the same way it did in Japan, then no, we'll have to wait for Revelation to be released so we can download it and play it.

The benefit for Special Edition users would be that they get it for free is all.

Oh, so once Revelation is released, there will be some form of an update that will unlock Revelation for those of us who have the special edition? We can't play Revelation right away? =/

Nope.

But it'll save on download time! You also won't need to pay for anything, since you would've already paid for it when you bought the SE. So if you value your memory card space (like me), the SE is perfect~!

...no it's not.

It's downloaded.

Your last three save slots *ARE NOT* unlocked until you download it.

We also have the decrypted files for the JP version.

The only stuff that is on there are the routes for Byakuya Oukoku (Birthright) and Anya Oukoku (Conquest).

No Invsible Kingdom (Revelations).

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nope.

But it'll save on download time! You also won't need to pay for anything, since you would've already paid for it when you bought the SE. So if you value your memory card space (like me), the SE is perfect~!

Yeah, that's the main reason why I bought it. I don't care for the art books and the merch. I didn't want to have to wait like 5 hrs. to download all routes.

Nope.

Oh, that's a huge disappointment. I know the Direct said that Revelation wouldn't be "available on launch day," but I assumed they were referring only to Birthright/Conquest owners, since they followed up that statement with how those owners could acquire Revelation.

Welp, I guess it's time to fix my runthrough plan.

...no it's not.

It's downloaded.

Your last three save slots *ARE NOT* unlocked until you download it.

We also have the decrypted files for the JP version.

The only stuff that is on there are the routes for Byakuya Oukoku (Birthright) and Anya Oukoku (Conquest).

No Invsible Kingdom (Revelations).

The photo Nintendo of America posted says "Complete Fire Emblem Edition: Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation on a single game card." If you're telling the truth, in that Revelation has to be downloaded, then that advertisement is a bit misleading.

Is it simply not a difference between the JP Special Edition and the NA Special Edition?

Edited by Minischew

I realize that I would basically get Revelation for free if I got the special edition, but I'd still be stuck with a game route that I won't touch, which I feel is a waste... Besides, it's too late to change anything now, the special edition is sold out.

Edited by Anacybele