Gamestop Preorders are sold out again...

HTakara82

I would brag about having made two different preorders, but--

...oh wait. I just did, didn't I?

I'm not trying to pester you, but why would you brag about making 2 preorders? I see you have a youtube channel, does it have something to do with that?

I'm not trying to pester you, but why would you brag about making 2 preorders? I see you have a youtube channel, does it have something to do with that?

I was sarcastic. I like having backup plans. Nothing to do with my channel. Though I'd kill for a 3DS capture card to LP it

I got a SE preorder from Amazon after the Direct, and another SE preorder today from online GameStop.

If one of those orders cancels out or has to be cancelled for whatever reason, I'll have another one up and running.

And if I end up getting both SEs, well... I'll have a backup copy. Or an extra sealed SE. Whatever works out in the end.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

I was sarcastic. I like having backup plans. Nothing to do with my channel. Though I'd kill for a 3DS capture card to LP it

I got a SE preorder from Amazon after the Direct, and another SE preorder today from online GameStop.

If one of those orders cancels for whatever reason, I'll have another one up and running.

And if I end up getting both SEs, well... I'll have a backup copy. Or an extra sealed SE. Whatever works out in the end.

I actually emailed Amazon to make sure I have peace of mind on it, and they said that if you get a arrival date, the order is secure and they won't cancel it no matter what.

Any idea when it'll be stocked up again? lol

missed it again? lol, no idea but if you really want it... keep an eye out on forums people been spamming about availability.

A'ight, that's more good-sounding news.

B'sides, they haven't charged me yet.

They don't charge until the item processes to ship. Game Stop and Best Buys does the same thing. So make sure if there's any changes to your credit card before the release, you update on the site.

If one of those orders cancels out or has to be cancelled for whatever reason, I'll have another one up and running.

Um.... all those comments about random cancellation make me nervous. Does this kind of thing happen often? Why in the blue hell would they cancel your order if you paid and never wanted to cancel?

Please someone answer me, this is driving me nuts and I keep checking my order to make sure it's stil there

Um.... all those comments about random cancellation make me nervous. Does this kind of thing happen often? Why in the blue hell would they cancel your order if you paid and never wanted to cancel?

Please someone answer me, this is driving me nuts and I keep checking my order to make sure it's stil there

I don't make preorders often enough to give an accurate answer. Personally, I just like being on top of things whenever I can afford to do so and have said backup plans ready anyway.

And as far as my preorders are concerned, I actually haven't been charged yet... I hope this is the case for you too? This should only happen as the item processes and ships, as I've been told by some people already.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Don't worry, it doesn't happen online. Because it's automated to what's in stock. It only happens at retailers when the cashier is derping.

I have never had GameStop cancel a preorder on me, but I always pay in full when I order in the store and I think that they cancel orders in store on people who only put the $5 required to preorder in store. I know people were saying that the last two rounds of Amiibos they were requiring people to pay in full at the time of preorder and if you wouldn't then you could not preorder. I preordered Ike online from them and while I had to wait for their second shipment because I had to wait until after Christmas to preorder I did get him, but they sent me an email stating that everyone was limited to one per person and I think they did have to cancel some orders anyway. I know Amazon was canceling orders big time and the whole fiasco with the Robin and Lucinia Amiibos makes me very leery of preordering from them, but they do have decent prices on importing Amiibos from Japan.

No one is likely to cancel preorders unless something goes horribly awry with the distribution on Nintendo's end, to the extent that there literally aren't enough made. That's technically always a risk with preorders anywhere, but it shouldn't be an issue. The only game that I can think of where it happened was the Ghost edition of Destiny.