Playing Fates on a 3DS vs New 3DS

Rawkstar

Hey guys, so with the release date announced for Fates, I've been considering upgrading to a New 3DS. I was wondering what those of you who have played the Japanese version have noticed when playing on different systems? Are loading times any better on the New 3DS, or are there any other forms of enhancement that the New 3DS brings to Fates that the original 3DS doesn't? All responses appreciated.

Note: I have no plans to get Amiibos so anything Amiibo related won't be factored into my final decision.

Only difference was how the new 3DS console felt in my hands in comparison to an old 3DS. :P

(No difference in terms of loading times).

Edited by Peppy

Yeah, I haven't noticed any difference playing Awakening on my old 3DS versus my New 3DS. The only games I've played where I've seen a noticeable difference are Pokemon Y (less slow-down in battles) and Smash (faster load times).

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've used both consoles and prefer the new 3DS XL much more as opposed to the old 3DS XL system ~

imo, the circle pad is a lot smoother (I didn't realize how unresponsive it was until I played exclusively on my new 3DS for months wasting away on FE:if) and the 3D is SO MUCH BETTER. You can actually move around now when you use the option, and you don't have to be a certain distance to get it to work. I also think the volume settings are a lot better (your options are wider and it's easier to control). And of course, the auto-brightness settings are extremely responsive, so if you're like me and like to play fe:if at night until you pass out, your eyes won't start to see spots from staring at the screen too long afterwards xD

I'm seriously considering buying a new 3DS XL for the localized version when it comes out as well

but that probably won't happen since I've already spent too much on this series lmao

Might be not the best place to ask, but I don't know where to. I discovered today that my R button on my 3DS XL is broken. It was working just fine last night. Is there any way to fix this?

Got the same question as OP of New vs Old. Thinking of upgrading to the new 3ds black (finally came to Australia and gonna order those faceplates if I get it).

Might be not the best place to ask, but I don't know where to. I discovered today that my R button on my 3DS XL is broken. It was working just fine last night. Is there any way to fix this?

Yeah it happens. There is this weird thing when you suck/blow on the R button but I don't know how to explain it other than putting your mouth on it and sucking/blowing it (its legit but search it because I'm not sure of the method. Haven't done it in a while). I did it to my L button and it started working fine but I have the original 3ds so it may be different.

Yeah it happens. There is this weird thing when you suck/blow on the R button but I don't know how to explain it other than putting your mouth on it and sucking/blowing it (its legit but search it because I'm not sure of the method. Haven't done it in a while). I did it to my L button and it started working fine but I have the original 3ds so it may be different.

Apparently, it works on the 3DS XL as well. I gave your advice a try just now and it works again. I can play EO2:U again, thanks. Hopefully it'll hold up for a while longer so I don't have to buy a new 3DS. Since Fates has the Revelations DLC, I'd just want to put it on whatever system I use permanently.