Fire Emblem If Character Spotlight: Week #04 ~ Ophelia

HappyHawlucha

Right, here we go, Week 4, Ophelia, daughter of Odin, which ties her to the Ylissean royal house. C'mon, pumped for the discussion, LET'S DO THIS!

CLASS OPTIONS:

Base:

Dark Mage > Sorcerer /OR/ Dark Knight

Parallel Seal:

Samurai > Trueblade /OR/ Weapons Master

*MOTHER'S CLASS*

Marriage Seal:

Deere/Foleo- Rod Knight > Maid /OR/ Strategist

Shigure- Pegasus Warrior > Falcon Warrior /OR/ Golden-Kite Warrior

Lutz- Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord /OR/ Revenant Knight

Ignis- Knight > General /OR/ Great Knight

Siegbert- Cavalier > Paladin /OR/ Great Knight

Buddy Seal:

Midoriko- Herb Merchant > Great Merchant /OR/ Puppeteer

Soleil- Mercnenary > Brave Hero /OR/ Bow Knight

Skill Lists for these classes:

http://serenesforest...s/class-skills/

http://serenesforest...s/class-skills/

Personal Skill-

Blossoming Mind- When Ophelia is carrying 3 + tomes, crit rate + 10

BASE GROWTH RATES:

Mother's Base Growth Rates + Ophelia's Base Growth Rates / 2 = Ophelia's Final Base Growth Rates

BASE CAP MODIFIERS:

Mother's Base Cap Mods + Odin's Base Cap Mods + Ophelia's Base Cap Mods / 3 = Ophelia's Final Base Cap Mods

*Support Options are all people she can Marriage or Buddy Seal with, feel free to post about any of her supports and discuss them.*

Edited by HappyHawlucha

For anyone who did OdinxElise, how did Ophelia turn out?

I haven't done it, but it looks like it should turn out great. Assuming I'm running the numbers correctly, Elise!Ophelia should have the following growths:

HP 43, STR 18, MAG 47, SKL 40, SPD 45, LUC 65, DEF 25, RES 30

...which is pretty fantastic. Ophelia doesn't really care if she has Rod Knight unless you really need another healer, but Odin likes it to get Tomebreaker because his SPD and RES are bad, and Elise loves getting Dark Mage. So I think it's probably a good pairing.

On a more personal note with Ophelia, I honestly didn't like Lissa from FEA too much, but I think part of that was that I married her my first time through the game and her S-Rank with the avatar was pretty awful. If I hadn't tried to marry her, I think I would like her a lot more. So I'm trying to keep an open mind for Dark!Lissa here. I like what I've read about her personality so far, so I think I'll like her just fine, and I definitely plan to use her because I LOVE LOVE LOVE her passive. If I was an FEFates character I could not think of a passive I would want more.

I'm planning to do a Felicia!Ophelia what would become of her? And sounds good to make a Dark blood Kanna daughter to this Ophelia?

Oh! Well, again, assuming I'm doing the numbers correctly:

HP 47, STR 20, MAG 37, SKL 42, SPD 40, LUC 60, DEF 25, RES 28

Felicia!Ophelia is basically Elise!Ophelia-lite, but not enough to really hurt Ophelia. The only really noticeable difference is 37% MAG growth instead of 47%, but that really isn't as bad as it sounds because Sorcerer has a +25% MAG growth, so either way she'll have over 60% MAG growth in the class. So growths-wise, it's fine.

There IS a difference in stat caps, though.

Elise!Ophelia: STR +0, MAG +5, SKL +0, SPD +1, LUC +3, DEF -2, RES +1

Felicia!Ophelia: STR -1, MAG +4, SKL +2, SPD +1, LUC +2, DEF +0, RES +1

So as you can see, Elise makes Ophelia a little more of a glass cannon and Felicia makes her a little more evenly rounded. They're both really good options, I should think.

As for marrying Felicia!Ophelia to get a Dark Blood!Kanna... well, if you're planning on using Dark Blood!Kanna with the Dragonstone, you definitely prefer Felicia!Ophelia to Elise!Ophelia, because the Dragonstone is a tanking weapon and Felicia!Ophelia will give Kanna better DEF. So, yeah, I should think it's probably a fine idea :)

Oh! Well, again, assuming I'm doing the numbers correctly:

HP 47, STR 20, MAG 37, SKL 42, SPD 40, LUC 60, DEF 25, RES 28

Felicia!Ophelia is basically Elise!Ophelia-lite, but not enough to really hurt Ophelia. The only really noticeable difference is 37% MAG growth instead of 47%, but that really isn't as bad as it sounds because Sorcerer has a +25% MAG growth, so either way she'll have over 60% MAG growth in the class. So growths-wise, it's fine.

There IS a difference in stat caps, though.

Elise!Ophelia: STR +0, MAG +5, SKL +0, SPD +1, LUC +3, DEF -2, RES +1

Felicia!Ophelia: STR -1, MAG +4, SKL +2, SPD +1, LUC +2, DEF +0, RES +1

So as you can see, Elise makes Ophelia a little more of a glass cannon and Felicia makes her a little more evenly rounded. They're both really good options, I should think.

As for marrying Felicia!Ophelia to get a Dark Blood!Kanna... well, if you're planning on using Dark Blood!Kanna with the Dragonstone, you definitely prefer Felicia!Ophelia to Elise!Ophelia, because the Dragonstone is a tanking weapon and Felicia!Ophelia will give Kanna better DEF. So, yeah, I should think it's probably a fine idea :)

Thanks, now returning for ophelia, how good is missitelain? For what I read it is usefull but not the best weapon

Thanks, now returning for ophelia, how good is missitelain? For what I read it is usefull but not the best weapon

Well... I mean, just looking at the stats should tell you everything you need to know. It's an E-Rank tome with 9 MT, 70 HIT, and 10 CRIT that gives SKL and RES +1. It's an E-Rank tome with stats comparable to C-Rank. Obviously it's no Excalibur, but it'll at least cover Ophelia until she can use Lightning or Rainarok. Also, Ophelia needs to equip lots of spells so she can trigger her passive, so you might as well keep it on her forever, even if she's not using it, just so she's not taking a tome away from somebody else.

I know this may sound very weird, but how does the stat caps look for a Luna!Ophelia? Sol seems good on her. I just want to know so that i can be pleased that my pairing of Owain and Severa did paid off back at FE:A. I might go Elise!Ophelia for IK whenever i can.

Edited by Raccoon844

A good tome early on but out-shined by tomes you get mid-late game. As a Sorcerer, you're going to want to abuse her naturally higher crit rating so Mjölnir is a much better boost and does greater crit damage (x4). Lightning is another option when you want to try multiple hits instead of crits to take down an enemy.

I know this may sound very weird, but how does the stat caps look for a Luna!Ophelia? Sol seems good on her. I just want to know so that i can be pleased that my pairing of Owain and Severa did paid off back at FE:A. I might go Elise!Ophelia for IK whenever i can.

Assuming the growth formula is Ophelia's growths + Luna's/2 (rounded up) :

HP 43% STR 23% MAG 25% SKL 33% SPD 45% LUK 48% DEF 33% RES 30%

Caps: 0STR/2MAG/1SKL/2SPD/2LUK/2DEF/0RES

Sol is good but it's not worth it, trust me. Odin wants a magic wife.

Assuming the growth formula is Ophelia's growths + Luna's/2 (rounded up) :

Do we know if that's the formula for inheritance yet? I know there's been some debate over what it is. I was using Odin+Ophelia+mother/3 for my numbers, but I don't know if that's accurate.

Well I personally don't believe that's the case. With aptitude, my Aqua!Soliel should have a 80% STR growth, and she frequently didn't gain any.

Huh. That's pretty difficult to believe no matter how stat growth is inherited...

Lazward STR = 45%

Soleil STR = 60%

Azura STR = 50%

Method 1: 45 + 60 + 50 = 155/3 = ~52%

Method 2: 60 + 50 = 110/2 = 55%

Aptitude is 10% and I'm assuming you had her as a Hero for another 15%, so yes, you're right: either way you should have had at least 77% and at most 80% STR growth. You must have gotten quite unlucky to get such poor gains D: