(Japan) Fire Emblem considered amongst the most wanted "Warriors" collaborations

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But weren't a lot of those characters clones? Looking at Hyrule Warriors as reference, I'd actually prefer a cast of 30 unique characters over a cast of 100 featuring clones of varying degrees.

But weren't a lot of those characters clones? Looking at Hyrule Warriors as reference, I'd actually prefer a cast of 30 unique characters over a cast of 100 featuring clones of varying degrees.

Nope, I could name maybe 5 possible clone like movesets at most.

As a person who's played mostly every Warriors game, I can tell you that there isn't really much cloning in the games outside of DW6 and to a extent DW7, which Warriors Orochi 3 then fixed the clone movesets of 7, then DW8 which has more than half the amount of characters Orochi 3 did, has 100% unique movesets for every character. That's for the record 83 completely unique movesets. Actually 87 as of Xtreme Legends 8

Hyrule Warriors did a good job with the small cast it did have, but it left me wanting more when the challenge maps consisted of many of the same Player characters, which in any usual Warriors game isn't much of a problem, considering stages in the DW and SW games are based on historical/romanticized accounts, or is a gigantic crossover with an original story like the Warriors Orochi trilogy.

Also there was the fact I feel they could have done quite a number more characters for HW like Malon (she even uses a Pitchfork in the manga), Ashei, Rusl, Ralph, Din, Nayru, Mikau, Vaati, Saria, Medli, Nabooru etc. But Warriors series usually start with a fairly small cast then expand, and HW's success has led me to believe that this is only the beginning of this series. But at the same time they seem to love characters having different weapons in HW, effectively making them different characters in terms of a gameplay standpoint, so I'm not sure.

FE could honestly do tons with the warriors formula, and Koei has mishmashed universes together already so I don't see that being a big issue either.

Edited by Jedi

Who would they make the Lu Bu/Honda/Keji/Nezha equivalent?

I could see them spinning Karel into a Honda, considering his character arc reflects Kenshins and he is known for being a deadly warrior.

Julius could be our Nezah, Sigurd for Keji, Black Knight for the Lu Bu.

I could see them spinning Karel into a Honda, considering his character arc reflects Kenshins and he is known for being a deadly warrior.

Julius could be our Nezah, Sigurd for Keji, Black Knight for the Lu Bu.

The B.K. one makes a lot of sense, especially given what he does in chapter 11 FHVr3Ld.gif

Nah, no switching out, then someone would be upset. If anything, I'd just stick Titania and Skrimir in there along with Brom and Nephenee, that's a win-win.

I also think Brom and Nephenee are a lot more relevant/important/notable than people give them credit for. They were featured in Awakening's DLC and SpotPass. And they do have a minor bit of importance in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn, it is a very (<--- emphasis on that) minor part but it's still more than at least (at least) half of the rest the cast can say.

Plus, aren't Nephenee and Aran the only two playable Soldiers in the entirety of the series? That alone gives Nephenee some relevance and she's definitely more notable than Aran, and she's also a fan favorite. She's also usually shown with Brom, so it makes sense to have him as well.

I think Brom is more notable than Gatrie and Tauroneo too, and he's certainly more notable than Meg. Brom's conversations with Zihark give him some more minor importance as well because they are the very reason Meg even exists! The fact that the developers made an entire character based around those conversations says something ("But Meg already existed, he already had a big family!" The point still stands, they could have very easily just left out Meg entirely).

I am not at all trying to knock off Titania and Skrimir. Skrimir at least is clearly more relevant to the plot than Brom and Nephenee. Clearly. Just don't knock off Brom and Nephenee, either. Of all the playable characters in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, these are the ones that I think are more relevant/important/notable:

-Ike

-Micaiah

-Elincia

-Sothe

-Soren

-Ranulf

-Mist

-Titania

-Lucia

-Geoffrey

-Sanaki

-Sigrun

-Pelleas

-Tauroneo

-Skrimir

-Ena

-Reyson

-Leanne

-Rafiel

-Caineghis

-Tibarn

-Naesala

-Kurthnaga

-Sephiran/Lehran

-Black Knight/Zelgius

That's only 25 of the playable characters. Radiant Dawn has 73 playable characters. Plus, I'd argue that some of the characters listed, such as Tauroneo and Titania, have about the same level of relevance/notability/importance as Brom and Nephenee. Tauroneo is only listed because of his scenes with Micaiah and Pelleas, but he doesn't really even do anything more notable (or less notable) than what Brom and Nephenee do, I think the same can be said for Sigrun and maybe a couple of others. And even then, Brom and Nephenee are still in the top 27.

Plus, I feel that Brom and Nephenee should be included because they're two of the most "normal" characters in the entire series. The vast majority of characters are royalty/nobles, religious leaders and personnel, military personnel, thieves/bandits/pirates/etc., mercenaries, shapeshifters, and the like. It's a nice change of pace to have more normal characters, they shouldn't forsake that. And they're probably the two most notable "normal" characters, other "normal" characters (like Castor and Dorcas, for example) are not as notable as they are.

That was an unnecessarily long speech, I apologize for that. The main point is that I wouldn't switch out Brom and Nephenee.

I never said that Brom and Nephenee weren't relevant or important at ALL, I said they're less so than Titania and Skrimir, which you yourself just admitted. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I never said that Brom and Nephenee weren't relevant or important at ALL, I said they're less so than Titania and Skrimir, which you yourself just admitted. :P

Yep :3 I was just saying don't knock them off, ya know? Like I said, that was an unnecessarily long speech, sorry about that.

This isn't their game, though. I feel that having all the Avatar characters would be out of place, in all honesty. And, if they were added, it'd just be a bunch of "Oh Avatar, you're so amazing at everything, let all of us marry you! Oh Avatar, bend over, it's time for your daily butt-kissing! We love everything you do ever because you're just so amazing! Let us worship you!" So...I say no to the Avatar characters, no matter how unique or important they are to the series.

Plus, I sort of feel that if there were an Avatar, it'd be a completely new one. A new original one specifically for Fire Emblem Warriors. And that'd make Robin and company even more out of place.

I'd say dismounting. Since lots of characters are on mounts, it'd be cool to see them implement dismounting in some way.

Also, weapon durability. Not for main weapons, but maybe for "sub weapons." Like in Hyrule Warriors when you pick up the upgraded bombs. Except here, you pick up the sub weapon, and rather than it being some ultra-version, it just has limited uses. You always have your main sword/lance/etc., but the sub weapon (stuff like the hand axe maybe) is limited.

I think the thing is, they wouldn't be Avatars anymore, they'd just be characters (as you stated yourself, this isn't their game so why would they be the self inserts anymore?). I mean, Robin appeared in Smash Bros but it's not like he got any special attention because he was an Avatar in his original game. I enjoy the concept behind them (Robin, the mage/swordfighter tactician deuteragonist and Kamui, the dragon child torn between two worlds) even if the execution left a lot to be desired. They'd be missed, at least by me. You're probably spot on about them creating a Fire Emblem Warriors original character and I'd hope to god they don't go the player worshiping route they did in Awakening and Fates.

On your durability idea, I feel like an item with durability would have to be stronger than your main weapon to make up for it's lack of uses but in that case it wouldn't be much different than your standard power up (besides a time limit). Perhaps these weapons would be used for special enemies like a bow that is effective vs fliers or hammer for armored targets.

Another Fire Emblem feature they ought to implement would be support ranks between characters.

Edited by NekoKnight

Well well, what an interesting surprise. Though the Warriors games leave alot to be desired, I am still intrigued of the idea of a FE Warriors. Now that Hyrule Warriors was possibly, who knows in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'd kill to have something like this. It fits really well too. Characters with medieval weapons and magic fighting alongside the massive armies. Imagine taking your favorite lords and actually weilding their weapons on the battlefield and having an active experience not seen in the strategy based FE games.

• 2 weeks later...

It's spelled Fairy TAIL

I'd play it and probably love it, but I can't really see what they could do with it that would set it aside from the main series or Hyrule Warriors. It'd be fun for sure, though, unless they bring in weapon durability...

Or if they only reference Archanea and Awakening and NOTHING ELSE

Suuuuure, because: "Let's forget the enemy are actual people aswell (as it's a common theme in the series) and make them faceless cannon fodder like it's the case in DW games.

Simply remove strategy gameplay and item management and create a button masher that requires no skill.
And while we're at it, let's just spit on everything characteristic about Fire Emblem. Priceless, give this man a medal!

After all, the audience is getting its new animated models for characters that kind of look and sound like they're from the actual FE games, but never quite are because the devs will have their creative freedom to do changes to appeal more to the blinded eye, and what more do they want anyways, eh?
What's that, some people think some series simply don't mix well and say that instead of cashing in on a franchise, people should try to actually enrich it?

Ah, those can sod off, they're just always negative and totally unreasonable haters."

Ah well. Seriously, what we need is either a Codename: STEAM -style Fire Emblem.

If we're focusing more on action, something in the lines of the Dark Souls (or hell, maybe TES) series could be interesting aswell, though. : )

Suuuuure, because: "Let's forget the enemy are actual people aswell (as it's a common theme in the series) and make them faceless cannon fodder like it's the case in DW games.

Simply remove strategy gameplay and item management and create a button masher that requires no skill.

You've never actually played Dynasty Warriors have you. Its apparent from this alone.

You've never actually played Dynasty Warriors have you. Its apparent from this alone.

Not to mention everything else wrong with that post. I fail to see how it "spits in the face of the characteristics about FE"

I cannot comprehend.

I would like the poster to explain that one in concise detail.

And while we're at it, let's just spit on everything characteristic about Fire Emblem. Priceless, give this man a medal!

After all, the audience is getting its new animated models for characters that kind of look and sound like they're from the actual FE games, but never quite are because the devs will have their creative freedom to do changes to appeal more to the blinded eye, and what more do they want anyways, eh?

What's that, some people think some series simply don't mix well and say that instead of cashing in on a franchise, people should try to actually enrich it?

Ah, those can sod off, they're just always negative and totally unreasonable haters."

Ah well. Seriously, what we need is either a Codename: STEAM -style Fire Emblem.

If we're focusing more on action, something in the lines of the Dark Souls (or hell, maybe TES) series could be interesting aswell, though. : )

Please, put that crap back in the toilet. It's pathetically obvious that you haven't touched a Warriors game for more than ten minutes if you think this.

Play a Warriors game on anything higher than normal and you're going to have to be near-constantly checking your map, planning out your movement and targets while (more often than not) having to defend points/characters at the same time. And even then, certain missions on normal still require careful planning and carefully choosing your fights.

Also, when have the vast majority of the enemies not been faceless cannon fodder in FE? You seem to have forgotten that enemies are almost exclusively generic.

The exceptions are the enemy officers. They have (generally) unique portraits and have lines for when they engage you and when they die; they also communicate among each-other. There are also fully unique officers that are very powerful opponents (generally serving as bosses) that can kill you easily if you let your guard down.

What's this? I just described an aspect of FE and Warriors games.

And just quit it with the overdramatic bluster. Spin-offs are spin-offs; they aren't supposed to be identical to the main series.

Also, your repeated passive-aggressive straw-manning doesn't win you any favors; you attack vague, faceless groups while trying to make yourself seem like a martyr, and it's honestly somewhat sickening.

You take things way too seriously. For example, from a different thread:

What I absolutely don't want to see is a mashup with that boring as hell Dynasty Warriors series.

You don't turn a game in which you actually need to think into a mindless buttonmasher. That's blasphemous.

Not only do you once again buy into the stock argument about Dynasty Warriors, but you treat FE as something sacred; a Warriors crossover would be blasphemous.

Dude... what?

I'll never understand an argument like this. It would be a Warriors game with Fire Emblem characters and settings. Not a Fire Emblem game. Of course it would play like a Warriors game and not a Fire Emblem game. That's the point.

People complained that Hyrule Warriors wasn't a true Zelda game, too. No shit. It's not a Zelda game. It's not supposed to be.

Yet, these crossovers do still implement aspects of the original series, so "spit on everything characteristic about Fire Emblem" is a load of garbage that betrays your complete ignorance of the subject.

Yeah, because everytime some faceless enemy dies in FE, this scene plays:

Yeah, because everytime some faceless enemy dies in FE, this scene plays:

my favorite version of this is in VC where you get this one faceless soldier that dies in your arms and its treated as a big deal, then back to thinking of the enemies as the cannon fodder they actually are.

VC was such an awful game in my opinion.

with that said, Warriors games are as hard as you make them, Hard and above can be tricky, the Chaos and Nightmare difficulties are only achieved with absolute perfect play and top tier weapons.