Preorder Charge Mistakes?

Minischew

I preordered from GameStop online on 11/14. Today, I checked the transaction information on the card I used, and it says "Transaction Date: 11/17/2015." I haven't bought anything for two or so months except the game on the said card, so I'm pretty sure that has to be the game order.

Furthermore, the Transaction Amount is written as $69.00. However, the preorder package itself is $80, and with taxes and S&H, it was ~$90. So the price doesn't match up.

And the Transaction Description is really vague. It merely says, "New CS Best." Like... wtf is that supposed to mean? I can't even find the retailer info to double check that this is the purchase I made from GameStop.

The only thing that seems accurate on the transaction information is that it's a temporary transaction, and that the charges will be removed "if the merchant doesn't complete the transaction."

So yeah, did anyone else also encounter this problem? Or knows what happened? I'm kind of freaking out here, because if this is a bad charge, I want to cancel it immediately... but I'm afraid the preorders will be sold out again if I do that.

Edited by Minischew

I'd email customer service with Gamestop and/or your credit card company. If it's a fraudulent charge/being charged for the wrong product, you will want to sort that out immediately.

You should probably contact your credit card company.

Seems fishy to me... The amount at checkout should be the one that is charged.

I always use Paypal for online purchases so I don't know.

Edited by Naughx

GameStop's a bit bad at this.

When I went and made my preorder in person, they spelled my first and last name wrong (both of which are simple, common names) and put the wrong phone number down (off by two digits). Had to call to clear that up. I don't have an accent of any sort (I take a speech class and act, my voice is very clear and coherent), so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Were I you, I'd contact their customer service - send an eMail, detailing the problem. Hopefully, you'll get the things cleared up. I wouldn't panic until I looked further into it.

~ Sending a Message to GameStop ~

Gamestop: Please provide as much detail as possible to help answer your question quickly and accurately.

Gamestop: Message must be less than 250 character long

Ffff-- if you really want me to give you detail, give me more than that lousy space limit.

~ After Adjusting Message and Submitting ~

Gamestop: Your request is invalid. Please log out and then log in, and try again.

Of course, that didn't work out after two more tries, so...

~ Calling GameStop ~

Gamestop: We are experiencing higher than normal call volume. Please wait for 15 minutes until the next available representative.

~ 15 minutes later ~

Gamestop: We are experiencing higher than normal call volume. We appreciate your patience, and please continue to hold for the next available representative.

~ Another 15 minutes later ~

Gamestop: We are experiencing higher than normal call volume. We appreciate your patience, and please continue to hold for the next available representative.

Gamestop needs to step its goddamn customer service game up.

Anyways, thanks for all the responses! A friend of mine told me that preorders sometime charge before to make sure that the credit card is valid or whatnot, but this didn't seem like that, so I was rather worried. In retrospect, I should have tried to contact GameStop when I first saw that transaction, lmao.

Hopefully it will work out! :)

Edited by Minischew

hmm that's really strange, I preordered mines three days ago and it hasn't charged me ; A ;

but yeah, definitely try calling in ! Although it may be because sometimes gamestop will charge you for pre-orders, but not the full price until the game actually comes out ? For example, a friend of mines preordered in store and she had to put down $25 or something, so it may be similar with online things ? ; u ;

I'm actually...on hold with gamestop atm and they told me to wait 30 minutes lmao