Tomoya HD's Twilight Princess HD

scorcher9009

Yesterday, I became friends with Tomoya Hamasaki, the founder of the fanmade Twilight Princess HD Project.

I even had this idea for a sidequest that he really likes. If you wanna know more about this mod, check out Tomoya's channel, and check out his streams, he holds one every Friday.

Even though it's non-profit I wouldn't be surprised if they got a cease and desist by Nintendo, because it's Nintendo.

That said, it actually looks prettier than what Nintendo is doing, lol. Nintendo really needs to step up their game with TPHD.

It look gorgeous, like Tiki, Lyn, and Katarina combined.

Nice analogy. o: I like how Katarina fits her cute outfit and colors. (:

That said, it actually looks prettier than what Nintendo is doing, lol. Nintendo really needs to step up their game with TPHD.

Sadly... ),: I still buy and it support them. I love TP, I need a WiiU and a new computer so I can do both. :(

Oh, I see what you're saying. Still won't be surprised by Nintendo getting butthurt if they do.

CoughProjectMCOUGH.

Well, it's not complete yet. Also, Twilight Princess HD almost doesn't look any different from the original, aside from the detail on a certain things. This is certainly an improvement.

This statement's confusing me. I though the point was to look the same, just with cleaner textures and higher resolution. This version doesn't look like TP, it looks like a fan mod of it. The only thing I see improved is Link's model.

I mean like, it looks nowhere near as good as Wind Waker HD. Also, you don't see the other update models in that small 2 minute teaser, you'll see a lot more of those in the streams on their channel, also, a common complain people had with Twilight Princess was that the colors were bland and soulless, these colors are vibrant, and gorgeous, and personally, I think only the Twilight Realm needs a dark, gloomy atmosphere. It's also going to have Dynamic Shading, and there's nothing wrong with making the game look more alive than it already did. This Twilight Princess HD's atmosphere is so much better than Nintendo's Twilight Princess HD, it acually has kind of an Ocarina of Time vibe to it. Also, you're confusing a "remake" with a "remaster".

Edited by scorcher9009

Comparing TP HD to WW HD isn't entirely fair. Windwaker always had simple textures, so updating them was easy. The cel-shading hides the edges of polygons as well. Windwaker hardly needed an update at all, since the style is designed to look good regardless of system. The only thing I would change for Twilight Princess is the character models, and fix Link's stiff facial animations. I would not change the lighting or texture style or anything like that, because I liked them the first time around.

Anyways, the creators are also implementing a Magic Meter, and making it so the Magic Armor consumes that when you get hit instead of money. They also want to implement an Upgrade System, similar to Skyward Sword and make it so certain items get used more often, like the Dominion Rod, and the Spinner. And they're also restoring the dummied enemies, such as the Armos Titan.

Anyways, the creators are also implementing a Magic Meter, and making it so the Magic Armor consumes that when you get hit instead of money. They also want to implement an Upgrade System, similar to Skyward Sword and make it so certain items get used more often, like the Dominion Rod, and the Spinner. And they're also restoring the dummied enemies, such as the Armos Titan.

At this point, it's barely a remake. They should just make their own game instead of waiting for the inevitable cease-and-desist.

You're confusing "Remake" and "Remaster" again. A Remaster is just a graphical update, look at the Kingdom Hearts HD Remasters for example. This is a fullblown Remake, a remake is just, remaking the game to make it better, look at Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver for example.

"The beta is beta and everything is subject to change" TotalBiscuit said that more than once. These are some wise words and a good attitude for any analyst, player or developer.

The devs of this project stated on their latest stream that they will improve a lot of the meshes. So far the only ones I can tell are improved are Link and the Hylian Shield as well? I couldn't be 100% sure unless I inspect the models myself in Maya.

Otherwise I think this fan project looks great and I'm excited to see the final results.

They should just make their own game instead of waiting for the inevitable cease-and-desist.

Well you never know, it is Nintendo so I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they keep an open mind here. This is non profit and you still have to own the Gamecube version to play this. To be honest, I don't think it'll change a thing sadly.

Edited by Rxmonste

Wow, this is stunning to say the least. Twilight Princess on the GameCube is one of my favourite games of all time. That being said, I can imagine Nintendo issuing a cease and desist if they get wind of this.