I need help choosing parents. [Spoiler]

Diaqxolite

Hi there all, this is my second topic that I've posted, and it is related to choosing parents for the children in Nohr.

First of all, here are some ground rules:

Camilla is going to be Soleil's mother, period (Favourtism for best stats).

No spoilers, meaning no story related stuff, everything else goes.

Lastly, I calculated the mods myself, so they may be a few errors, or they might all be completely wrong, please do tell me if there is a mistake, and I'll rectify it.

I've attached a notepad file with the children's potential mods.

Thanks!

FEFates Nohr Children Mods.txt

Edited by Jeff Delphi Diaqxolite

I don't know what 20/20 is, or Eternal, if you would explain those, that would be awesome. Though what I am aiming for is the most optimal sets for all the children in general. This might be tough to do as Camilla is going to be Soleil's mother, but I can sacrifice that much.

I'm also going to be calculating the mods for the Hoshido children, as well as all the potential mods for all children in Revelations, so I will attach it to ASAP.

Velour - Effie/Charlotte l - good str mod on velour (nvm if you don't care about her, i don't see velour in notepad :x)
Ophelia - Elise - awesome Ophelia of what i heard so far, nuking most of people
Foleo - Nyx - Good Foleo imo, can really well nuke some units, even as valkyrie(strategist):P
Siegbert - i would say charlotte is one of best mothers, but depends on what are you looking at, eventually Luna
Kanna - No idea, depends if you want to use dragon or swords :P
Shigure - (so bad not hoshido run) in nohr i have no idea what would be good for him tbh, sorry :s

Deere - I like Felicia as his mother, mainly cause he's balanced, i like balanced supports :P
Sophie - no idea~
Midoriko - i would give aqua, great speed + ninja makes great combo, but in nohr you want her to get merchant first cause of monnies
Ignis - this is hard one, probably Charlotte is one of best choices for him as well imo (just my opinion)
Lutz - I like Effie for him, just somehow :P Also if you don't have choice you could use Belka for him, it's hard for me to fit her somewhere :[
Soleil - I know you want to do Camilla with her but for me pieri somehow wins for this kid :P
Eponine - I know Camilla goes over to Soleil but imo she's one of the best mother for Eponine if you're not doing Mamui + Zero :P Otherway Effie looks fine for her also.

Well, that's all? It's my personal opinion about those kids, you can use it or not, however it's my look at this :P (i skipped some potential moms but you won't use every child in one playtrought yeah?) Also i skipped Belka i somehow don't like her as a mother, as i look at this file you gave us you skipped her as well, luna too as i look at it, as i look at the characters right now,

Edited by Eriotto

Camilla is a good mother for anyone, really(except maybe Ophelia). The best one would be Velour because she's already really strong and you get Four Fangs + Deadly Breath.

Belka works great for Benoit, since he gets more defense and mobility. Felicia!Foleo's also a good choice.

Best 20/20:

1. "20/20" itself means "a unit who promotes at Lv20 and then levels up to Lv20".

2. Maybe we don't grind levels or weapon ranks.

3. Units are better to stay in their base class, or at least have access to their starting weapons.

4. Most units are not going to hit most caps at 20/20, so mods are not so important. For the same reason, most children are not better than parents.

5. Maybe we just use units for main-game.

What are important for best 20/20: Growth Rates > Skills > Classes >>> Mods.

Best Eternal:

1. "Eternal" = Eternal Seal. It is an item in IF and used to raise a unit's level cap.

2. Eternal Seal is expensive so we should grind money. It raises the level cap, not the current level, so we should grind levels.

3. For Nohr route, we have to buy EXP DLC and money DLC.

​4. We grind a lot, until units hit all their stat caps and get all useful skills.

5. We grind weapon ranks, so we may reclass units and give up their starting weapons.

6. Maybe we will buy good skills online.

7. Children have higher caps, so most of them are much better than parents.

8. Maybe we will use units for online PvP.

What are important for best Eternal: Mods >>> Classes > Skills >>> Growth Rates.

As you see, the importances of Mods/Growth Rates are so different. This is why somebody asked "what are you aiming for".

For example, Camilla!Eponine is good for "best 20/20" because of the immediate good Growth for Adventurer/Bow Knight.

But for "best Eternal", Eponine is better to go magic and have Felicia/Elise/Nyx as her mother, because Zero has Str-2 Mod.

Edited by Tooru

As you see, the importances of Mods/Growth Rates are so different. This is why somebody asked "what are you aiming for".

For example, Camilla!Eponine is good for "best 20/20" because of the immediate good Growth for Adventurer/Bow Knight.

But for "best Eternal", Eponine is better to go magic and have Felicia/Elise/Nyx as her mother, because Zero has Str-2 Mod.

As I said, I will be doing a Lunatic/Classic run for all three routes, and getting a "max" army, so I take it going for the best eternal route will be best suited for me?

In regards to Velour, I forgot to calc her mods, as well as calcing all the mods that would be there for the children if Luna, Felicia or Belka was their mother, so I need to add that.

Thanks for all the replies so far! ^.^

Camilla is a good mother for anyone, really(except maybe Ophelia). The best one would be Velour because she's already really strong and you get Four Fangs + Deadly Breath.

Belka works great for Benoit, since he gets more defense and mobility. Felicia!Foleo's also a good choice.

So Belka is good for Benoit? I'll remember that, i had no idea who would benefit with her. :x

So Belka is good for Benoit? I'll remember that, i had no idea who would benefit with her. :x

I take it this is talking about Ignis' mods, and it seems to be so; Belka!Ignis gives the following mods: +0 STR, +1 MAG, +2 SKL, +4 SPD, +1 LCK, +6 DEF, + 1 RES.

EDIT:

I've also updated the text document with Velour's mods, and I've updated all the other childrens' mods with Felicia, Belka and Luna.

I take it this is talking about Ignis' mods, and it seems to be so; Belka!Ignis gives the following mods: +0 STR, +1 MAG, +2 SKL, +4 SPD, +1 LCK, +6 DEF, + 1 RES.

EDIT:

I've also updated the text document with Velour's mods, and I've updated all the other childrens' mods with Felicia, Belka and Luna.

Actually, Belka!Ignis has mods of 0 str, +1 mag, +3 skl, -4 spd, +1 lck, +6 def, +1 res

Only a small error and possible typo, but it's important to have the correct numbers when comparing mods.

Actually, Belka!Ignis has mods of 0 str, +1 mag, +3 skl, -4 spd, +1 lck, +6 def, +1 res

Only a small error and possible typo, but it's important to have the correct numbers when comparing mods.

Yes, my b. I will also update the txt document later.

Well that ignis is reasonable i need to say, no petalies on offense and high def but somehow i really don't like characters with -spd that's why i prefer Effie than Benoit for example. :P But if someone need awesome shield then it's good way to go, hardly any physical enemy will be able to do anything to him.

Well that ignis is reasonable i need to say, no petalies on offense and high def but somehow i really don't like characters with -spd that's why i prefer Effie than Benoit for example. :P But if someone need awesome shield then it's good way to go, hardly any physical enemy will be able to do anything to him.

Yeah, I really hate having to sacrifice any stat aside from luck really.

Berka has -1 Str and -2 Spd, whoever becomes her child is going to sacrifice stats.

Ignis already gets -3 Spd from Benoit; General has Defensive Formation and high Str cap. So Berka doesn't hurt Ignis as much as she hurts other children.

And we get a +6 Def General, the highest Def cap.

Flannel is the only +3 Str father. Velour can reclass to Berserker(from her father) for highest Str cap.

Effie!Velour and Charlotte!Velour have +7 Str and that is amazing.

Charlotte!Velour has 1 more Skl/Spd, Effie!Velour has Luna.

Sometimes you may want Charlotte to mother another child who can't easily get Berserker class.

Felicia/Nyx/Elise and Odin/Leo are +Mag parents. Zero has -2 Str, 0 Mag and Dark Mage class.

So there are 3 mothers and 3 fathers for 3 mage children.

Don't forget that "Elise X Leo" is impossible XD.

Azura!Midoriko has +7 Spd.

Mozume!Midoriko has +0 Lck (good enough because most mothers will give her -Lck Mod XD).

Pieri!Midoriko has +4 Res to be an anti-mage.

Camilla/Chalotte/Azura/Mozume and Jakob/Silas/Arthur are good parents for whatever physical children.

Other phsical parents have negative mods in some useful stats. I am not saying they are bad. They just require more considering.