Pokemon Black/White draft - COMPLETE-

Ether

So basically, a small non-competitive draft that was drafted over skype. Now that teams are done, posting here for easier update posts.

-for fun, no competition unless you want to
-starters and cover legend are free
-69 draftable pokes, 7 players, 10 picks each, last pick is repeated
-ingame trades are allowed
-trades are allowed if you have access to them, if playing on an emulator, you may remove trade evos, as trading is allowed anyway
-undrafted pokemon may be caught, traded, taught hms only if necessary to advance and no available drafted poke can learn them
-undrafted pokemon may not be used in battle. if only an undrafted poke remains un-fainted, must allow pokemon to faint and lose the battle, cannot use items while an undrafted mon is out
-in the event that no drafted pokemon are available before the mandatory double battle after the first gym, a second pokemon may be used for this specific battle
FINAL TEAMS
Terrador: Sawk, Archen, Darumaka, Coballion, Patrat, Axew, Panpour, Vullaby, Stunfisk, Alomomola
Curly Brace: Lillipup, Mincinno, Deerling, Virizion, Mienfoo, Ferroseed, Audino, Klink, Maractus, Alomomola
Xinnidy: Blitzle, Sewaddle, Munna, Tirtouga, Emolga, Pansage, Cryogonal, Tornadus, Druddigon, Karrablast
Ether: Pansear, Sandile, Vanillite, Throh, Thundurus, Terrakion, Elgyem, Durant, Heatmor, Trubbish
Polydeuces: Timburr, Drilbur, Petilil, Ducklett, Purrloin, Woobat, Golett, Cubchoo, Shelmet, Roggenrola
SB: Cottonee, Joltik, Litwick, Frillish, Solosis, Scraggy, Pidove, Pawniard, Basculin, Rufflet
Snake Mom: Venipede, Yamask, Tynamo, Sigilyph, Deino, Bouffalant, Gothita, Tympole, Dwebble, Foongus
Feel free to discuss teams, post updates, any of that stuff.

Got through Gym 1 pretty easy though I did have to reset because a run where I accidentally opened with Panpour ended... poorly.

Snivy is marching towards the bench, but he's leveled enough. I don't really see Panpour seeing that long-term use either, but he'll probably stick around at least long enough to evolve; I figure he contributes for Desert Resort/Cheren fights and is another warm body when the team hasn't gotten all three of the H A R D C A R R I E S yet.

Also, I'm naming everyone after Undertale nerds! Currently have Vegetoid, Blooky, Migosp, and Moldsmal.

the legend begins

Named the chick Blanc (aka definitely not White) and picked Oshawott (which i forgot to name) who will likely not stick around until lategame anyway but whatever. I just kind of water gunned 100 pokemon in a row until I reached the gym and realised that I was up against raid boss Pansage. Luckily the AI fucked up or something and Pansage didnt decide to keep boosting its stats while Oshawott lowered its defense into and managed to survive on 5hp (soon to be 7 because it leveled). I then fought 5~ battles or so with this much HP because who gives a fuck.

Apparaently Cheren, the dick who makes me fight a Snivy when I am LITERALLY A STEP AWAY FROM MY PIDOVE, gives a fuck. I died to him twice before going off to grind up to Dewott and then took my money back. Caught Pidove, named it Pidgey because it's pretty much Pidgey, and then started spamming Pidgey in pretty much every battle I could. Apparently it evolves at level 21 which is Super Dumb but Audinos are my saviour and I only needed half a level from them to get that.

Oshawott and Pidgeotto both held Chestos but it didn't matter. Oshawott was murdered by a Take Down but Herdier was left with practically negative health and then Pidgeotto cleaned up. Watchog missed Hypnosis and didn't Retaliate turn 1 so it just got its def debuffed and died to repeated Quick Attacks. gg ez

Done for today.

Picked up Sawk (Aaron), who took just the most massive dump on Lenora. Didn't even get hurt, and Sturdy so Retaliate can't even kill.

From here on in it's kind of a stomp; Sawk struggles a little to hit some things, but Panpour helps put in some work on matchups Sawk really hates. Went to Route 4 for Vulkin the Darumaka (I swear, Hustle is honestly about as much trouble as it's worth), stomped some mandatory and not-so-mandatory Castelia City stuff, then the gym is free money. Eviolite is pretty handy for making earlygame more tolerable, in a lot of ways.

Props to Manix/Ether for cluing me in on the ~sick monkey business~; I got Panpour to 22, then dropped that Water Stone on it. Snivy is pretty much entirely benched right now, and Simipour is on its way there. I chew up Clay anyway, Shauntal's Golurk and Chandelure aren't that big a deal (can somebody say "Dragon Dance"?), and Simipour doesn't contribute to altogether much besides.

On my way forward through the Rival battles, Desert Resort, and maybe Elessa tonight. No prizes for guessing where the sole point of trouble will be, and what it being troublesome is contingent on (hint: there's gonna be a lot of 80% hitrates flying around).

E: Rage, fossil chick was WAY earlier in the place than I expected, and I accidentally took the Cover Fossil. Reset to Burgh, blegh. Ah, well. It wasn't too long a segment anyhow.

Edited by Terrador

Got up to the second gym so far, going with a naming theme of GOLDEN SUN SUMMONS. Let us begin, then.

So begin the adventures of Ether, a chipper young lass(shut up, the male trainer is a tool) about to go on an adventure in the Unova region. How fun, how exciting. But in order to do a Pokemon adventure, one first needs a Pokemon. And what better Pokemon to accompany a young lady looking to kick ass and chew bubble gum... consequently, supplies of bubble gum seem dangerously low... than a trusty little... water spewing otter thing. That's right folks, we've come across our first companion, the Docile(again... I have a history with docile Oshawatts) Male Oshawatt, who shall be henceforth known as Neptune.

Now, earlygame isn't much of a problem for Neptune. After crushing the souls of those... inferior starter choices at the hands of Ether's childhood friends, Angst McWillSuckDickforPower, and Incompetent McBumblingIdiot, it was only a few short massacres away from achieving ultimate earlygame power... in the form of a child's water pistol. Well, if it works, I guess. And so, the tempo of things remained relatively unchanged, until a fateful encounter with a small girl-child on the outskirts of town. Normally in such a situation one would shank the unsuspecting youngster and take everything they owned, but this one was a tad smarter then the rest, and pre-empted her own fate.

"I shall give tribute, please do not insert that rusty shiv into my flank!" she proclaimed, offering up a pokeball.

"For you see, I saw that you use a water type Pokemon! And I know that the gym leaders in town, the lot of them are cheats! When they catch wind of it, they'll use grass Pokemon against you... but if you take this fire type, you can combat their treacherous ways!" She had continued... it was a sound argument, and to be honest, receiving tribute from the fearful masses did seem like a good step towards global dominati-... becoming the very best, like no one ever was. And with that, the tribute was accepted, and Magaera, the timid Pansear, was obtained.

With that business out of the way, all that was left to do was flush Cheren out of his hiding spot in the school, and crush the treacherous gym leaders of Striaton city. But things just weren't meant to be...

Cheren fell easily, as did the minions of the leader, but the mastermind, Cilan, had a few tricks up his sleeve. For on his DS, he had installed a mighty device, the hax button, and with it, summoned critical hit after critical hit, first felling Neptune, and then Magaera! With a cry of "POKEMON IS A FAIR AND BALANCED GAME!", Ether left to heal, contemplating how to overcome the fair and balanced nature of the world. However, such philosophical deliberation was rather boring, and chalking it up to bad luck, the Cilan challenge was met again, and appropriately stomped, the second time.

Neptune - Oshawatt - Lv.14

Magaera - Pansear - Lv.12

Game start:

Took Tepig for slight ease later on in Cheren fights. Insert usual first battles. Got me a level 4 Lillipup, beat up N with it. Just went full beatstick all the way through to the first gym leader. You name it, it probably got beat up.

Gym 1: Cress

The glorious 2HKO on Lillipup due to a crit definitely helped. +speed nature helped outspeed everything too. Add on a crit Tackle onto the -1 defense Panpour for massive overkill and we have a great start.

Picked up Audino for the crew in the Dreamyard. Slightly awkward nature in -SpA since that precludes any sort of special coverage later on.

Species   Nickname   Nature   Ability       Lvl  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Lillipup  Robert     Hasty    Vital Spirit   15  43  25  18  14  19  27 
Audino    Tristis    Impish   Regenerator    11  46  19  27  18  26  18

Tepig     -          Lonely   Blaze           6  25  13   9  12  11  11
Picked up Herdier off of the twins fight after Striaton City, got Audino levels from the preschool. Took a +3 Audino to Cheren, won. Needed all 5 Doubleslap hits to faint Oshawatt though. Did more things, got to Nacrene. N was ez. Went off to outside Pinwheel Forest to grab more levels and Rock Smash before gym 2.

Gym 2: Lenora

Gym was ez, Rock Smash boots things out of my way well enough. Audino neutered Herdier with Attract + Growl, so I could bring in Herdier to finish it easily. Watchog was just as easy, although Hypnosis was annoying.

Species   Nickname   Nature   Ability       Lvl  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Herdier   Robert     Hasty    Intimidate     21  64  43  31  21  33  39 
Audino    Tristis    Impish   Regenerator    19  73  31  44  27  41  28

Tepig     -          Lonely   Blaze           6  25  13   9  12  11  11
Edited by Curly Brace

Wow, Elesa got dunked on. I took Darumaka to 33 for Flare Blitz before this fight, but I didn't need it; Fire Punch one-shotted Emolga and Zebstrika. I got crit, but didn't miss any of my hits either, so hey! Archen is definitely not a draft for this gym though; it's just too slow, and too late to boot. I don't doubt that Glyde will dunk on everything that moves in due time, but for now he's just garden-variety playable.

Edited by Terrador

[8:41:14 PM] Manix: alright so i have a plan for this playthrough

it's called stoutland power hour and ignore everythign else

[8:41:22 PM] Manix: except mienfoo and reshiram

[8:41:58 PM] Terrador: pfffff

[8:42:03 PM] Terrador: it's a thing you can do lol

[8:42:22 PM] Manix: it's probably gonna happen

[8:42:28 PM] Manix: path of least resistance etc

[8:47:34 PM] Terrador: yeee

[9:14:38 PM] Manix: just in: level 19 audino still good at slowing leavanny down

[9:15:59 PM] Terrador: k e k

[9:16:14 PM] Manix: we're talking "get it to -6 attack stages"

[9:16:26 PM] Manix: if i wanted i probably could have killed it by using work up

[9:17:20 PM] Manix: the herdier train is level 26 after burgh

[9:17:22 PM] Manix: #update

[9:48:35 AM] Manix: stoutland bois

[9:48:45 AM] Manix: evolved the fight before elesa

[9:51:34 AM] Manix: +1 stoutland ohko'ed and outsped all of elesa's stuff

[9:51:35 AM] Manix: gg

[9:51:41 AM] Manix: didn't avoid static tho

[10:20:16 AM] Manix: +3 crit rock smash ohko's excadrill

[10:20:20 AM] Manix: badge 5 get

[10:20:23 AM] Manix: stoutland is 36

[1:06:53 PM] Manix: beat skyla

[1:06:58 PM] Manix: stoutland hype train is at 45

[1:46:02 PM] Manix: wanted mienfoo to deal with brycen, it died so stoutland it is

[1:47:37 PM] Manix: beat brycen

[1:47:43 PM] Manix: mienfoo 39, stoutland 48

[1:52:27 PM] Manix: gonna grind mienfoo at route 10 from here

[1:52:32 PM] Manix: stoutland solo continues now

[3:16:02 PM] Manix: +1 stoutland ohko's drayden's entire team

[3:16:04 PM] Manix: badge 8 get

[3:16:08 PM] Manix: stoutland at 57

[3:16:55 PM] Terrador: don't get too worked up :D

[3:17:11 PM] Manix: dun need that move anymore

[3:17:14 PM] Manix: x items for days

[3:18:02 PM] Manix: time to beat up cheren for the last time

[3:18:45 PM] Terrador: f a i r, it's the same thing for Stoutland

[3:19:05 PM | Edited 3:19:13 PM] Manix: needed elemental fangs in the moveset so it had to go

[3:22:36 PM] Terrador: t r o o

[3:23:20 PM] Manix: cheren was ez

[3:23:23 PM] Manix: stoutland 59

[3:27:33 PM] Manix: stoutland 60, grinding mienfoo now

[3:29:07 PM] Manix: terrible realization of how slow grinding will take

[3:29:22 PM] Manix: i got a plan

[3:29:34 PM] Manix: may involve some save scumming

[3:39:16 PM] Manix: e4 time, stoutland 61

[3:51:29 PM] Manix: alright marshal, let's party

[3:51:43 PM] Terrador: fuck him up

[3:57:56 PM] Manix: it's okay, sawk can't even kill me from full with a crit

[3:58:29 PM] Manix: x items op etc

[3:58:54 PM] Terrador: don't crits bypass x items?

[3:58:59 PM] Manix: exactly

[3:59:08 PM] Terrador: k e k

[3:59:09 PM] Manix: also e4 down

[3:59:14 PM] Terrador: dang did you just

[3:59:15 PM] Manix: stoutland 65

[3:59:17 PM] Terrador: Stoutland solo the game

[3:59:20 PM] Manix: basically

[3:59:42 PM] Manix: i have caught so few pokemon though that i'm guaranteed to have reshiram for the last fights

[4:15:37 PM] Manix: reshiram sweeps n, expected

[4:19:00 PM] Terrador: guaranteed...? As in "don't have to give up a team member for it"?

[4:19:08 PM] Manix: correct

[4:19:16 PM] Terrador: fair

[4:19:19 PM] Manix: i have three in party, two in box

[4:19:23 PM] Terrador: more like no opportunity cost, but fair

[4:19:24 PM] Terrador: ...pffffff

[4:19:27 PM] Terrador: that is Not Many

[4:23:32 PM] Manix: i am winner

[4:23:35 PM] Manix: reshiram sweeps for days

game time was 7:26

edit: party thoughts:

stoutland: bro

reshiram: forced, but still good

everyone else: lol

Edited by Curly Brace

Clay is a shitlord, -1 Brick Break from a Sawk... 34? 35? swept his entire team. Didn't even bother evolving Darumaka, Sawk's emphasis cleaned up the mobs hard. Stuffing Archen now before Skyla so that can get attended to, and Darumaka should evolve around now too. That and Cobalion soon... yup, it's coming together!

More shitposting: Why, ninjas. N was right there. And I wanted to talk to him/Acrobatics him straight in the dick anyhow. You really didn't need to come down out of nowhere and take me the eight steps to him. Honestly.