• Florina
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Hector
    • Marcus
    • Lowen
    • Fiora
    • Heath
    • Florina

Just completed my clear of this chapter, raking in a massive 1223 EXP! For reference, I only had something like ~2450 EXP total prior to beginning this chapter, so I have increased my EXP by 50%! (then again, so has my total turncount, from 16 to 24). All items collected, and some awesome level ups. Video will hopefully be up tomorrow.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew's exp will not matter from here on. He'll face combat like one time from now on in Ch.18 where he has to steal an Elysian Whip and that one is probably avoidable. Matthew will be obsolete as soon as you get Legault.

If you use Boots!Priscilla then you don't actually need Erk to use Warp at all. Pent and Priscilla will do all the warping required. You'd only need Erk to be able to use the Rescue Staff. So the only important benchmark is for Erk to reach B for staves by Chapter 32.

Thanks. A couple of thoughts regarding Chapter 16:

- I forgot that Merlinus only joins at the end of the chapter, so although I have my first chance to do some shopping here, I can't buy everything that I want, and I'm almost certainly going to have to shop again in Chapter 18 (actually if I get my purchases right, I might be able to hold off until Chapter 21). So I need to decide what to do with Lyn and Wil (potential shoppers). The two of them are obviously going to aggro/handle the PKs on the first 2 turns, and will probably be free to shop on the second turn. I have no money at the moment, so I'll definitely have to sell Lyn's Blue Gem.

- The only things I absolutely need (and I'm not even certain of that) before Pirate Ship is an additional Javelin or two. Only Hector and Marcus can use Hand Axes, and I've definitely got enough of those for now. However, I can't buy additional Iron Lances or Iron Axes for quite some time (not again available until New Resolve, where the armory is thankfully in reach of Hector on the first turn). Shopper 1 can get Javelins/Iron Lances, but due to the separate armories, I will need a second shopper to get any Iron Axes if I want them, which seems rather likely since my current ones have something like 16 and 24 uses left.

So I'm currently thinking of picking up 2 Javelins, an Iron Lance (or 2), an Iron Axe, and perhaps a Hand Axe as well (not certain about this one). What do you guys think. I've got plenty of Iron Swords, and not enough people using them. Erk has depleted most of his Thunder, but a mage drops a Fire on this chapter, and after this is done he'll probably be strong enough that he won't really need to rely on Thunder too much.

Another thought, even if I do manage to get a good amount of lances/axes from Chapter 16, I probably will still have to shop in Chapter 18 in order to pick up Door Keys (and maybe a Mend or 2 while I'm at it). Anybody know roughly how many of those I will need? I don't think I need any for Chapter 17, so I should be fine not picking up any in Chapter 16.

Huh, I forgot that this game has the mechanic that you still use up tome uses even when you miss. So perhaps I shouldn't have rigged that Erk miss on the last turn (20G vs 1 EXP + some WExp?). Not sure. It's a better rate of return than Physic, at least in terms of EXP...

Any thoughts on this?

You're not running out of tomes for Erk. You wanna promote him as soon as you can anyway so you can start working on his staff rank.

Edit: Ch16 may actually be the only time you get to buy Door Keys.

Edited by Yojinbo

I can buy Door Keys from the Vendor on Pirate Ship if necessary. I suppose that it would only be worthwhile to do so if I can do all the weapon shopping I need in Chapter 16 (otherwise I would waste an additional turn by having to shop twice in Chapter 18).

But I'm reasonably confident that with a couple of Javelins, a lance, axe, and maybe a Hand Axe, I can hold out until New Resolve? Then while I pick up the Door Keys in Chapter 18, I can probably get some Mends/Heals/Fires/Thunders as well.

Planning to start routing Chapter 16 today. In addition to normal stuff with Marcus and Florina (and the shopping), I need to make sure to get some training for Lowen. He's close to level 6, and I'd like to get him close to level 7, though I'm not sure how feasible that is. I imagine that he (and Sain, to a lesser extent) will be the main workhorses for Chapter 17, since Marcus and two other 7 move units (probably Kent and Florina, but perhaps Priscilla if it turns out I really need the additional combat) are going to be involved in rescue-dropping for the entire chapter.

For some reason, I have this image of Lowen crit-killing one of the knights in Chapter 17 with the Heavy Spear in my mind, though I obviously have no idea if that's going to happen.

EDIT: with regards to shopping, Lyn can visit the east armory safely on the first turn, and Kent can pick up stuff (Door Keys) at the vendor on his way west.

Edited by ruadath

...and immediately, I've run into problems with Florina surviving the first turn. Going to have to ensure that she dodges two out of three attacks (merc, PK, archer).

EDIT: Actually, I think I've figured out a way around this. Also, thankfully, I have a tankier Hector than Marcus, so I don't have to worry about Hector's path to the gate getting blocked (though I do have to worry about Marcus dying, but as long as he gets at least one dodge he should be fine).

Edited by ruadath

Eliwood probably wants Spd/Def at this point, he's probably still being doubled by myrmidons and maybe a couple of mercs.

Edit: Actually, the enemy stats page says that the mercs have 10 attack speed at most, but doubling increases your damage output more. He also still can't double enemy cavs.

Edited by Sniper Knight

Eliwood probably wants Spd/Def at this point, he's probably still being doubled by myrmidons and maybe a couple of mercs.

Yeah, slow Eliwood/Hector are probably going to be the bane of this run. Thankfully Lowen is still going strong, though I don't know how long I can keep this up (it is surprisingly difficult to get Str+Spd levels for him without mass burning RNs)

Any thoughts on what is more important for Priscilla: durability (HP+Def) or speed?

EDIT: I think the decision has been made for me, since I can't get Marcus to survive the EP with the speed level.

Edited by ruadath

Here is Chapter 16, completed in 3 turns. I did things a bit differently than usual, so hopefully you guys will enjoy:

I'm thinking of perhaps redoing Chapter 15 to get Marcus a few points less of EXP so that he doesn't get the subpar level you see at the end of the video. Any thoughts on this? or the overall strategy?

Feedback is appreciated, as always.

I don't think you need to redo for Marcus. He has the stats to critkill Oleg with hand axe and needs one str proc and one speed proc or two speed procs to kill Eubans. He also has enough str to take on Uhai with a Javelin crit + hit, but you might want an extra str proc so you don't have to take an enemy phase there (although I think Uhai is fixed to attack first anyway, so it might not matter).

Edited by Gradivus.

Uhai won't attack first but he's very early in the attacking order. I think he's like 3rd or something? There's only a few units that attack before him and he definitely attacks you before the other Nomads do so somebody like Florina or Fiora would always be safe.

I'm not sure why you gave two kills to Lyn. If possible you should see that Sain or Kent can grab them.

Thanks for the responses. Here are my thoughts on this:

I'm not sure why you gave two kills to Lyn. If possible you should see that Sain or Kent can grab them.

Kent's bases are horrible, and he doesn't really get to do too much this chapter anyway since he has to go and grab the Heavy Spear. Lyn, in fact, doesn't take any kills or steal any EXP that Sain could have gotten, since she kills a Javelin PK on turn 2, and a myrmidon on turn 3 that Sain doesn't attack. The only thing that would be different is that leaving the PK alive would allow Sain to kill her on turn 3 and hit level 5.

This is not necessarily a good thing, however, as there aren't enough good RN sequences available to deal with all of the levels we get on turn 3. Actually, this relates to the issue of Marcus leveling. There is a reasonably good RN sequence there that I am pretty much forced to use for the Killing Edge crit + 76% hit dodge + mediocre level. However, if I'm not having Marcus level up, I can instead use that sequence for a HP/Str/Spd/Def level for Sain, which is obviously pretty nice. Then IIRC, I can use a later RN sequence for Marcus to get an Iron Axe crit + hit to take care of the boss (which would give him a terrible level up, but he doesn't level).

How does this sound? Even if I don't end up doing this, I'm not so sure that I want to resign myself to the Marcus level quite yet.

Lapogne brought an important point that I might need to be more aggressive with Florina in order to get her promoted by Chapter 21 for the 1 turn. Any thoughts on this?

Is it possible to promote Fiora instead? By letting her kill both Darin and the paladin on Dragon's gate, she can get 200 EXP, so if I can find another 100 during the 1 turn she gets on Dread Isle, I should be able to use her instead...

Edited by ruadath