• Florina
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Hector
    • Marcus
    • Lowen
    • Fiora
    • Heath
    • Florina

The most practical way to defeat the dragon is Luna!Athos crit + hit (exactly 120 damage), so there's absolutely no need to train a Paladin for that, they also only do around 3 dmg at most with Rex Hasta.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Armads!Hector + Durandal!(trained Eliwood) + Luna!Athos work out? I'd prefer not to crit if possible, but I'm not against it at all either.

Edited by ruadath

It should work if you use a Vulnerary on the Filla's Might tile and canto to the right position to get it in the desert. Can probably just dance Hector after dropping him back and healing though.

I can think of other places in the playthrough where I would be very happy to have Filla's Might (i.e. potential 3 turn clear of CoD that probably doesn't work because everyone's stats suck and I'm not allowing crazy dodge/crit shenanigans that I can't find without mass burning RNs).

I'll take a look at it when I get there. I'm honestly more concerned about being able to kill Jasmine and Paul without having easy access to crits (and my Fiora can't hit a benchmark that lapogne seemed to believe was necessary), so I may end up using the extra dance to deal with them. Not sure how things will turn out.

I can think of other places in the playthrough where I would be very happy to have Filla's Might (i.e. potential 3 turn clear of CoD that probably doesn't work because everyone's stats suck and I'm not allowing crazy dodge/crit shenanigans that I can't find without mass burning RNs).

I reckon it's still easier to get the benchmarks for the drop Hector back and dance strategy. Not that you can't get the Filla's Might because of it.

Work has been really busy lately, so it took me longer to get this up than I anticipated.

It seems like Axereaver!Florina might become a regular thing lol. I was pretty pleasantly surprised to see that she could ORKO the wyverns like that (well at least the one that rounded down Spd). Also yay for best Marcus ever that kills everything with a Javelin; I sure am glad I went back and made those edits to give him better level ups. Note that he can one-shot Eubans with a Hand Axe crit too, but WTA means that Eubans misses and Marcus doesn't get the seed to crit, so I used the Short Spear from Isadora instead. Speaking of which, Marcus is now pretty close to hitting S-rank in lances.

Also, I have a save state before the shopping in case I need to make edits to the purchases. I picked up the same things as lapogne, except for the Chest Key (hoping to yolo VoD without the Pure Water) and one of the Barrier staves (not training Serra because I think I can 2-turn VoD without her).

Something amusing I thought I might point out upon completion of the previous chapter:

Florina: 24 wins

Eliwood: 25 wins

Hector: 26 wins

Erk: 27 wins

Lowen: 28 wins

Guess the kill distribution has been pretty even so far!

Ah, so we are getting to that point again...

I think I can make Chapter 23 work out... but I have to break an Iron Lance at a specific time... and you know what that means. Thankfully, due to the changes, I don't think I actually needed to break an Iron Lance back in Chapter 20, so if I can just have Lowen burn a few more Javelin uses there and preserve that Iron Lance and make some other trade modifications before hand, I can come into this chapter with a 7 use Iron Lance (which is what I need). Having a 1-use Javelin would be nice too (and I can probably get that) but isn't strictly necessary.

This is actually quite easy to do based on how things are currently set up:

Chapter 19: Florina (27), Sain (25), Kent (10)

Lowen takes Florina's lance and uses it 6 times, Sain uses his lance twice. Swap Sain and Kent's before the chapter.

Chapter 20: Kent (25), Sain (8), Lowen (21)

Lowen uses his Javelin here instead of the Iron Lance do she doesn't need to do anything. I had to have Fiora use a Steel Lance here on the last turn because she didn't have access to an Iron Lance but now she can since there is an extra one floating around, which takes it down to 7.

Everything after this should remain unchanged since I only had 2 lances. I decided I don't want the 1-use Javelin for reasons. Chapter 23 is completely routed btw, so I just have to make these changes and then record. Expect a video soon!

Edited by ruadath

Surprisingly, YouTube gave me no difficulties in encoding the sand!

A couple of notes here: there was nothing I could do about the bad Heath level on the first EP, and the second EP is much less sketchy than it seems because Florina can reliably ORKO the wyverns with the Short Spear, but since the crit was there since decided to use the Javelins for saving money + extra EXP + better level for Fiora.

Oh noes, Marcus is one point of Str short of being able to 2RKO Lloyd with Short Spear hits. Perhaps the solution lies in attacking with Marcus on the PP and leaving Killer Bow!Rath at the edge of his range for the EP suicide? EDIT: This works, btw

EDIT: Actually you can get him to spawn with 8 Def + 44 HP, but it requires a Suspend reset (I can't get the seed to automatically work from a hard reset even with appropriate skipping of the cutscenes)... thoughts on what should be done? Rath needs to get a level to promote anyway and this might be a good place to do it, but Marcus certainly would love the EXP from taking out Lloyd.

Edited by ruadath

Quick question: Seraph Robe goes to Priscilla, right?

EDIT: Also, if things go the way I want for the next chapter, Sain and Heath should have swapped Javelins for Chapter 24 so that I have a 6 use Javelin. But not sure this is necessary yet.

Edited by ruadath

Tentative clear of Chapter 25. The second turn is a total critfest lol. Afa's Drops on Marcus would have given him a Str proc, and on Heath it would have given a Def proc. I think I will most likely be giving them to Priscilla, since I imagine she is going to get the most EP levels where I will need them.

• 5 weeks later...

I know you guys are going to kill me for this, but...

Based on new strats that I developed for the S-Rank LTC, I realized that it actually is possible to complete Chapter 17 in 6 turns without giving Kent the Dracoshield by getting him significantly more EXP in Chapter 16. I posted a video of this earlier today which I'll share below

Basically, by having Kent and Wil switch roles (Kent deals with the incoming PKs, while Wil manuevers to get to the Heavy Spear village) via some intricate trade chaining, I get Kent 80 points of EXP toward Kent. This will allow me to get Kent a level with a Def proc early in Chapter 17 (I already have the strat routed, I just need to record it) which gives him just enough durability to survive without the Dracoshield (along with a couple of other minor changes).

I don't expect this to have a huge impact on the playthrough since I've already reached the point where money is no longer a huge deal. However, it's a significant accomplishment for myself since I really dislike using the statboosters, and I'm planning to redo everything with this change. This should be fairly quick since conveniently enough, Kent ends up exactly 100 EXP higher than where he finished last time, and everyone else has basically the same EXP +/- a few points.

This will also finally give me some motivation to rerecord the middle chapters (16 through 20) whose videos are outdated with all of the (cumulative) new improvements.

Chapter 18 fixed (the quality issues too!):

I don't anticipate recording a new video for Chapter 19 since the strat will more likely than not be identical (other than Marcus leveling off the boss kill) to the previous video.

• 1 month later...

Update to Chapter 19, with improvement to overall EXP gain thanks to the discussion I had with Gryz in the other thread.

Among other minor changes, Raven is deployed instead of Guy since he can ORKO things with the Steel Sword instead of relying on Killing Edge crits, and a Torch use is saved by letting Matthew sight the Pirate that Erk attacks on the last turn (instead of having Bartre light a torch). The large arrow burns at the end of the chapter are to deal with Marcus connecting a hit to Uhai, even though he has 46 hit, since we are in a bad patch of the RNG. Otherwise, I would have had Erk attack before Eliwood made his crit, which would have saved a lot of RNG burning, but I guess it's OK (it was only like 15 RNs at the end, even though it looked worse than that).

Edited by ruadath