Swift's Sprites

Swift_Assassin

So, here's another update, similar to the Shad one. I remembered how little was put into the younger version of Carla, so I revamped her.

CarlaPaletteUpdate_zpszgubniut.png

This one is just a palette update. Skin tones were mismatching and she was using the battle sprite outline color(my solution for my extra dark purple tones I tuned back).

CarlaFaceUpdate_zpslkijndww.pngSacaenCarlaupdate_zpsdosor3xk.pngCarlaUpdate_zps6ewtq8e2.png

This is the actual update. I changed her features to match in line with the older Carla face. Lowered the eyebrows, tweaked the nose, lowered mouth. Even changed the bangs to be more in line with older Carla's bangs. Then I added a version where her outfit is tweaked, which I think will become the default attire.

Carlarevamp_zps56703cb2.png

See? It seems easier to believe she'd wear her hair like that compared to how her bangs originally were.

CarlaDainsleif_zpsxh524pnx.png

And then there is this one. This is when Carla wields Dáinsleif, the sword her ancestor Dain used when he slaughtered many people. She goes on a uncontrollable rampage, all the while crying that she can't stop herself. She'll even bite down on her tongue in an attempt to snap out of it, but all it does is cause her to bleed out of her mouth.

The funny thing with that is that adding Isadora's facial features(base for older Carla) without adding the lipstick gives her a more androgynous look. She is a huge tomboy, so it makes sense. But adding features from her more womanly version actually had the opposite effect, in my opinion.

EDIT: Nothing really to see here, just some battle sprites of Carla I just edited.

CarlaSprite_zpsg1th1quh.pngCarlaSpriteDainsleif_zps0opcvdd7.png

Just Carla in her barely updated design and one wielding Dáinsleif, from Dain's sprite in my first post.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...perhaps I like the mug too much, but I'm not seeing it. Although, that could also be just me being up real late and working on this mug. I'll check it out later.

NewMug_zpszvecwj5b.png

So, I think I need to work on the eye brows a bit. The face was based vaguely on Crimson. I think I probably need to work on it a bit more.

Assassin_zps4axk1l3t.png

So this one is from a splice competition that just restarted back on FEP. So for this one it was Ephraim, Lyn, Joshua, and Leila. Leila's a bit under represented in the mug, and I ended up using Joshua's jaw, only to end up completely covering it.

That's it for me. Time to get to bed. 5 am. here.

First, the character I just posted is named Ilona. And this following mug is her sister, Flora. Also, blond girl with hand band from two posts ago is named Averill

NewerMug_zpserxpheud.png

Okay...so I was bored so I made new children characters for Taika, Ilona, Flora, Marina(blond in yellow armor further up), redone Cassandra's original timeline child with Shad, and made a slight alternate attire for Alice's son. But that wasn't all I did. I also did variants for different fathers, ala Awakening/Fates. So first, I repost the fathers in order.

Shads%20new%20CoatNew_zps2spnym9f.pngNewMarcus2_zps70ad7ba9.pngNewMugAgain_zpsve9w8xpe.pngMiddleRichter_zpsdht7djta.pngCyrille_zpskpiepjcx.pngNewMug_zpsdqzeea3z.pngAnotherNewGuy_zpsxotgwfsf.png

So in order Shad, Marcus, James, Claude, Cyrille, Osmond, and Barry.

Some children only have a couple variants, so I'll post those first.

[spoiler=Luna]LunaCasual_zpsgffxnovz.png

Okay, so her variants are just outfit designs, but I figured Shad would have Luna as his daughter no matter who he married.

[spoiler=Luka]LukaHyperion_zpszmcukoic.pngAltLuka_zps7mpk1zgc.png

So, Luka with Shad as the father and Luka in Alice has him with literally anyone else.

[spoiler=Kay]Kay2.gifKayUpdate1_zpsgsn3r18m.pngKayUpdate2_zpssyac13ic.pngKayUpdate3_zpsrloegjsd.png

So this is Kay. The first version is the original timeline version back when I used a much darker purple. The first on the identical trio is Kay as Leon's son, then Kay as Shad's son, then Kay as anyone elses son.

So these next mugs are going to have a default(mothers hair) version then different father variants. The Shad variants will also have a palette change to Hyperion purple.

[spoiler=Miia]TaikaDaughter1_zps13pudcs5.pngTaikaDaughter2_zps8i10gige.pngTaikaDaughter3_zpsgivw7u77.pngTaikaDaughter4_zpsagnvrwt1.pngTaikaDaughter5_zpsuzbnphcg.pngTaikaDaughter6_zpsvvkya1ye.pngTaikaDaughter7_zpsjolxkuvg.pngTaikaDaughter8_zpshcbfaubt.png

So this is Taika's daughter, Miia.

[spoiler=Hunter]MarinaDaughter1_zpsltlp6ge3.pngMarinaDaughter2_zpsihds0lnk.pngMarinaDaughter3_zpsovqsjtuq.pngMarinaDaughter4_zpse7pzdtc5.pngMarinaDaughter5_zpssgq1pn0j.pngMarinaDaughter6_zps8dexebka.pngMarinaDaughter7_zpslc2x5wah.pngMarinaDaughter8_zpsyvdd45v2.png

This is Averill's daughter, Hunter.

[spoiler=Marcell]MarikaSon1_zpsvt3ibee5.pngMarikaSon2_zpsyhsscx41.pngMarikaSon3_zpsksi4rmpn.pngMarikaSon4_zpsezyaogg0.pngMarikaSon5_zpstkc6oz9v.pngMarikaSon7_zpso5so8bko.pngMarikaSon8_zpslhipuzoy.png

This is Marcell, Marina's son.

[spoiler=Simon]IlonaSon1_zpsvhin6fpd.pngIlonaSon2_zpskzbtpg3l.pngIlonaSon3_zpsfyspvqnf.pngIlonaSon4_zpsffpfw7bc.pngIlonaSon5_zpspjukqf2y.pngIlonaSon6_zpsqab1xdar.pngIlonaSon7_zpskhlv8gwg.pngIlonaSon8_zps9xowauan.png

This is Ilona's son Simon.

[spoiler=Livianna]FloraDaughter1_zpstf290kaf.pngFloraDaughter2_zpsc6wsqinm.png

This is Flora's daughter. Liv's hair doesn't change for no one.

Okay, I revamped a few older characters.

DarenUpdate_zps3ijrwzeq.pngMaddoxUpdate_zpsmdcuaz98.pngKelseyUpdate_zps5n1pysxh.png

Updated Daren with new eyes, new hairstyle, and threw in his cloak from his youth. Updated Maddox with new color scheme, new nose, and changed his hair style from Older Eliwood's hair. Changed Kelsey's eyes and hairstyle.

That's it for now. I should go.

One new mug and two edits.

NewMugAGain_zpsqai6nlco.png

I was bored. That is all.

And the edits. Of Shad. Again.

ShadHairgrowth_zps882unxzq.pngShadMoreHairgrowth_zps9nlmfuqe.png

Something I've liked to do with Shad and the rp character that evolved into him is make him with different hair lengths as part of the passage of time. For the character that became Shad, a noble variation of a post hair cut version became the first incarnation of Shad. There wasn't as much effort put into those, at least nothing kinda realistic. Plus it was pretty much inches at a time. So I kinda tried to make it a realistic transition from his short cut hair to his original form...but I ended up making it a tad bit like my hair, which starts going crazy when it's long enough.

Okay that is all...Do I say good night if I'm going to bed at 5:26 am? Not sure. Good night.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

Okay, so...I've been watching Symphogear some more...so I've revisited my Kirika/Luna mugs.

KirikaSymphogear_zpsvzmkb5wl.pngLunaSymphogear_zps4hjn77f0.png

I still need to add the shoulder pieces, but she's just about fully in Symphogear mode. First version is Kirika with accurate color scheme for her GX version of Igalima, the second is the Luna recolor using armor scheme. Give me a few hours few days of watching some more and I'll probably have the rest of it finished up.

I should go.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

I've done it. Does 26 hours count as a few hours?

KirikaFullIgalimaG_zpssomyzx9r.pngKirikaFullIgalimaGX_zpsnhcuprys.pngLunaFullIgalimaG_zpsv3e6v4f4.pngLunaFullIgalima_zpsyux1js6o.png

I've even did a slight tweaking to make the Symphogear G version of Igalima as well. I kinda half-assed that tiny edit and the pendant part is shaped differently, but I've got the color about right. I didn't realize it at first, but the shoulder parts are actually connected to by the upper arm area. I think I'm done with this for a while. I silently hope I don't get any urges to make a Shul Shagana version of my Shirabe mug or a Ichival version of my Yukine Chris mug. Shirabe would be easier in the body department but both would be a bitch with the head gear.

Anyway that's it for now. I'm going to do...something. Don't know what. Maybe work on a new mug or edit another one. Don't know. I should go.

Oh God. I've started working on Shul Shagana Shirabe. Why am I torturing myself?!

Uh...new mug! New Hyperion....yeah. I...uh...needed to do something a bit simpler before I make any more progress on Shirabe, you know. Stuff with less custom work. Anyway, here it is.

Stark_zps9gfpwer4.png

So, Luka has children planned out. Gabriel and Ash. So I figured I'd give similar treatment to Luna, despite her probably preferring women(since it's based of Kirika who is essentially a couple with Shirabe), but I figured I was bored...And needed to postpone that project at least another day so here it is. It's relatively simple. One of the Hyperion background characters was stuck in my head(Dain's son) because I liked how his hair came out so I did a similar thing here. I also took the body of my Bell Cranel mug and tossed some Ross armor on there.Bell with armor is another project I need to work on. Gave him Luna's color scheme of green eyes and armor. Not much but I like him. I have him tentatively named Stark for some reason. Probably going to change.

Oh, yeah, before I forget. I made this shortly after I made Fremy Speedraw(the mug that matches my avatar). This is another character from Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers.

AdletMayer_zps2zz75xbe.png

Adlet Mayer, the 'Strongest Man in the World'. He's the main character of the series. Not much else. Since my Christmas stuff is pretty much already over, I'll begin tackling Shul Shagana Shirabe at a reasonable hour.

That's it for now.

I....I did it. It's probably a bit rough looking, but it is Shirabe using Shul Shagana. Specifically, the Symphogear GX version. I need to do some slight tweaking on the body and recolor some parts to make the Symphogear G version. But I think I like how it turned out. Not as much as Kirika in Igalima, but I like it.

ShirabeShulShaganaGX_zpsbljtzfti.png

It's without a doubt the largest mug I've worked on, due to those metal twin tails. The bow/cat ear looking things they attach too wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. In fact, I straight up lifted them from Miredy and Gale's shoulder pads. They worked surprisingly well for that.

Okay, here it is. The Symphogear G version of Shul Shagana Shirabe.

ShirabeShulShaganaG_zpsrvx2pkty.png

It's still as rough looking, but it has the color scheme down now. Part of my hates the fact I made the Symphogear character mugs in such a way that it is easy to go right back into them. I just make everything in different layers and I didn't compress them in the working page. It was also good that Shirabes was just using the FE8 beta dancer body as the base, so I didn't have to do much editing to the body. Also fortunate I sprited the clothes she was wearing on a different layer so I didn't need to make that part up again. Unfortunately, Yukine Chris doesn't have that going for her, so if I decide to tackle her using Ichival, that will be a much harder task. Part of my tells me that I'm going to attempt it eventually.

So to celebrate me finishing them, here is a not exactly good quality version of their duet theme from Symphogear G.

[spoiler=Video]

Hmm....what to do now? I'm not to sure. I'll be back soon with another mug. Oh, yeah and it's offically the 25th here so Merry Christmas.

Nothing new comments for a while now. Huh. Now I have a couple more edits. Despite having Symphogear music playing right now, I've resisted the urge to work on more Symphogear characters and did some small edits to Carla's children, Sigrun and Sigurd.

Sigurd%20Update_zpssum26mms.pngSigrun%20Update_zpsyvol0jxi.png

Changed Sigurd's hairstyle to be more in line with that of his family and tore off a sleeve as well. Changed Sigrun's bangs to be in line with Carla's and completely changed the outfit.

That's it for now. I'll probably have another Symphogear mug when I return.

I'm back...with another Hyperion. But he actually has a slightly different color pallette! White hair this time.

Noble_zps6gzpozxv.png

Noble Hyperion, the new eldest son of Lennox and Illya. Not much else to add. I'm working on another Symphogear mug, that of the main character Tachibana Hibiki. I'm about 80% done on a probably rough looking version of her using Gungnir, but I think that after I finish that, I'd like to make her in her school attire or casual attire before I post that one. Funny thing I discovered, the person who voices Hibiki is also the same person who voices Fremy (whose mug I reused for Illya). Hearing some of her character songs and imagining that Fremy is the one singing them is kinda funny as Hibiki is hotheaded and loud and Fremy is cool, calm and collected. Once I get that done, I'll either move on to making her 'wife' Miku or try to work on Yukine Chris using Ichival. I'll probably have some easier mugs thrown in the mix.

That's it for now.

Okay, back again. Like I said, here is the admittingly rough looking version of Tachibana Hibiki in a hoodie and using Gungnir.

HibikiCasual_zpszjtt1kb7.pngHibikiGungnir_zps44obvw0d.png

It's still kinda rough. Her Gungnir is the first season version, as the second version has larger 'spikes' out of the back of her collar and scarf like attachments shooting out. But unlike Kirika and Shirabe, she doesn't have a dark version of her normal Gungnir. There are other modes for all of them with slightly different designs and color schemes...but I'm content with just this for now. So I think that's it for me today.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's some new mugs, some edits, and a recolor of a really old character.

[spoiler=Recolor]

Blaine_zpsmxwctsli.png

This is Blaine Matrir, a character that has always been linked to Maddox Hyperion in his various incarnations, always by stealing a sword from him in backstory stuff. In Maddox's original profile, during one of several injured induced down times(written in because he was a fifty year old man but only a level 1 hero at the time) Blaine stole a firebrand from him. In the original version of the timeline, Maddox would eventually mentor him, he'd marry Carla and they'd have Leon/Judas Laurel. In that same first rp, his father was an officer in the military during a set of riots, but the rp reset shortly after that. This time around he'd marry Marie and they'd give birth to the first of the new mugs...

Aubrey_zpson2d3k8o.png

Aubrey, Luka's lover. They meet, fall for each other, Aubrey become pregnant with Gabriel and Ash, Luka dies in battle before he gets a chance to marry her. So here is the edit I was mentioning...

ShirabeAlt_zpsppj32gcf.png

I have a bad tendency of reusing my mugs for the rp. So here is Shirabe turned into Luna's friend Soleil (named before I realized there is a Fates character with the same name). Yeah...not much else to say on that, but I still have two new mugs, to show.

LittleLuna_zpsueip29ig.pngLittleLuka_zpsj2sf47ba.png

Here is little Luna and her younger brother Luka. Luna is wearing green cause she likes it, Luka is wearing it because Luna is. Just as I like how Luna/Kirika turned out, I really like how young Luna came out. I'm iffy on Luka's hair, but Daren and Shad have really messy hair when it grows out so it's kinda similar.

That's it for now. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to making more new mugs. Here's to hoping they aren't all Hyperion/Symphogear related!

New mug and a series of edits.

SoleilBrother_zpst18zzjyt.png

The head was made as part of a mug competition on FEP, but the rest is simple splice. Made to be Soleil's brother because of course I have to add more people to that.

Fremy%20SpeedrawCapeNormalEyes_zpstyrtx6Fremy%20SpeedrawMinus%20CapeNormalEyes_zIllyaNormalEyes_zpsxvb1kcoh.png

Fremy%20SpeedrawCapeDemonEye_zpsrr59gpinFremy%20SpeedrawMinus%20CapeDemonEye_zpsIllyaDemonEye_zpsct8gt3hn.png

Fremy%20SpeedrawCapeBlindEye_zpsy4pc8mj7Fremy%20SpeedrawMinus%20CapeBlindEye_zpsIllyaBlindEye_zpsgqrjt48s.png

Okay, so it's all an edit of my Fremy Speeddraw mug(aka Illya). The first three is with her right eye exposed with nothing wrong with it at all. The second set can technically be considered a spoiler, but it's what Fremy's right eye actually looks like in Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers. The third set is how the Illya incarnation of her right eye actually is. Blind with a scar across it.

That's it for now.

Okay, so this isn't something I figured I'd do next, but here is a new Symphogear mug...or rather an older mug in her Symphogear.

YukineChris_zps7drrfr9b.png

I changed altered Yukine Chris' skin tone a tad and...

YukineChrisIchival_zpseg9izdkr.png

..Kinda took a lazy route on her torso part, swiping Hibiki's body and editing that. Unlike Kirika, Shirabe, and Hibiki, Chris was made using Leila's body as a base as opposed to one that could be relatively stripped down to skin as they were. And since I didn't want to try editing off the cape, I opted to Hibiki's body which is kinda close shape wise anyway. The headgear I thought was going to be harder...but I actually didn't mind it as much. Granted, now that I look at it, I need to work on the shading of some parts of it, I like it better that Hibiki's headgear make. Plus, it also kinda helps as practice for ifwhen I do Miku in her short-lived Symphogear.

I think that's all for now.

I don't know why it is that dark, actually. I believed I used the normal FE8 outline. Although, it may be because I'm using a mostly a FE7 skintone. Sometime today, at a reasonable hour since it's 5 am here, I'll rework the shading on the headgear and try to polish it a bit. If I don't have an updated look by this time tomorrow, I probably changed my mind and began working on another Symphogear mug.

• 5 weeks later...

*Looks at date* Lets see...one month. If my vocabulary is correct, one month is distinctly not tomorrow. So yeah, been a bit of a while. Got into A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun and that completely affected my spriting...as I was trying to balance watching 90 episodes(still have six to watch), playing various games, watching current anime releases, and watching various vids on youtube. So first things first...

YukineChrisIchival_zpsa6stul1p.png

Here's that shading work I mentioned a month ago. Despite still listening to the shows songs, I resisted the urge to binge watch Symphogear's three seasons again.

And here is a new mug. Kohinata Miku!....

IndexV1_zpsbzmamdtl.png

....wait. That's Index. Okay, kind of a bad joke, but funnily enough they have the same voice actress, so I figured...weeks ago, that I would do this gag. Then I kinda...didn't finish the mug, but now I did. One of the reasons I lost my spriting inspiration was because I really like Misaka Mikoto...but I dread the idea of spriting her uniform. Index thankfully had an outfit that was much easier to replicate, even if it does look a little wonky.

And now a color update for a very old mug...

Trish_zpszyvaygle.png

Remember Kay, Shad and Cass's son. Well, this was his sister, Trish. Both shared the two-toned hair, but while Kay was a fencer like Shad, Trish was a mage like her aunt. This was another case of my reusing an older mug to make a Hyperion, I made the original mug for my sister a long time ago.

Okay, so next time...maybe actually a Symphogear mug. I have been thinking of doing a mug of Megumin from Konosuba, but I don't like the idea of spriting her hat. At least the Symphogears are made of metal and have sharp edges, but her hat will probably be harder. Not sure what I'll do next. Hopefully it doesn't take a long time for me to do it...but I do have Fates SE preordered...so that'll add another distraction for me. Till next time.