Swift's Sprites

Swift_Assassin

Been over a month since I've posted. Been absorbed into Fates, so I haven't done a lot spriting. Also haven't been keeping up with a lot of shows that I've been wanting to watch. But I do have one word for that...

So with that out of the way...Megumin from Konosuba! Minus hat.
MeguminTunic_zps5o0alsf1.pngMeguminTunicEyepatch_zpsn61ldobp.png
MeguminCloak_zpskzhflqwx.pngMeguminCloakEyepatch_zpsg6t5acgq.png
Comes in cloaked and unnecessary eye patch combos. Which are so unnecessary, I didn't really want to do it, but did it anyway. As with the Symphogear mugs...I may go through the effort of making her hat, which may be harder than some of the other headpieces I've done recently...but I just had to get this out of my system. Megumin is pretty much my favorite character this anime season. And with the first season done and the second announced, I can't wait for it to return.
So that's all for now. Time to catch up on all the other anime I've been missing...or going back to my second Birthright playthrough already in progress.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . .*blows dust off thread* Okay, enough lurking for now. Instead, I'll post more stuff I've done since my last post. Please don't take 2 hours like my second post in this thread

Okay, so this is starting off chronologically from March 23rd onwards, in terms of when they were made/editted.

ShadSacaenlongerhair_zpsiy6iv2xv.pngShadSacaenlongerhairHat_zpsp62idsuz.png

Shad's Sacaen attire mixed with hair growth versions.

AliceDisguise1_zpsyquftgqd.pngAliceDisguise2_zpsbk7dpbh4.png

Alice in two different peasant disguises, one with just a head wrap, the second in an all brown attire.

CassieCoat_zpsq6gu5o67.pngCassandraCoat_zpsv0oeoaz8.png

Two versions of Cass wearing Shad's coat, based on a scene from the rp they are in where she slipped into it. Cropped the size a bit and dragged down the shoulders to emphasize the coat is too big.

ShirabeOwen1_zpsdzjcwlos.png

This is Valentine Hyperion. Soleil and Luna become a couple, but both being girls, decide to get some a relative to father the children. Stark is fathered by Soleil's brother with Luna as the mother, and a couple years later, Luna's cousin Owen fathers Valentine with Soleil as the mother, if only because Luna wants to fight and doesn't want to be sidelined for another pregnancy.

OlderStark_zpsufsoyiia.png

This is Stark in his early twenties.

Valentine_zpsk5yc3to5.png

And this is Valentine older as well.

WolframHood_zps6umwavtz.pngWolframHoodBW_zpsfib8fxda.png

This is Wolfram in a hood. He's essentially going to become like Nergal in the rp, except he won't be evil. Just neutral and locked away researching.

MatureLunaCasual_zpsowh7uyme.pngMatureLunaCombat_zps6l9zdbwz.pngMatureLunaCombatArmor_zpsqsbsadlj.pngMatureLunaCasualArmor_zpshkinso5j.pngMatureLunaArmor_zpsjwcizxf0.pngMatureLunaFullIgalima_zpszfknoe5c.png

So, this is an older variant of my Luna mugs(based on Kirika from Symphogear). Why did I make six versions? I can't help myself

This next few mugs are me working on fixing my Hibiki mug.

HibikiCasual_zpszjtt1kb7.pngHibikiWorkout_zpsm5ucycqx.pngHibikiWorkout2_zpsiu8s6vl4.png

So the first is my original version of her casual outfit, the second is my changing it to her training hoodie, the second is reworking the shading of her hair.

HibikiGungnir_zps44obvw0d.pngHibikiGungnirupdate_zpsjiesp2wv.png

Same as before, original version, slightly updated version.

HibikiGungnirupdate2_zpslyu6we2k.png

Another slight update...

HibikiGungnirupdate3_zps5obr69lv.pngHibikiGungnirGX_zps90ggaip8.png

And the final update, and additional variation, I've done so far. The first version is her season 1 look, and the second is more or less her seasons 2/3 look. That one still needs work.

WolframDaughter_zps3uwqaun2.pngWolframDaughterSickly_zps9yoggecy.png

This is Wolfram's daughter, who is either adopted or mothered by some unknown person. She's locked up with Wolfram helping him with his research, hence the bags and the sickly looking version.

YukineChrisIchival2_zpsqggapey2.png

This is Yukine Chris with some of the fixes I've made for Hibiki applied to her.

aliice.gifOriginal%20Alice%20Recolor_zpsuinpxpec.pYetAnotherAlice_zpsmo6bbtnc.png

The first one was a thief called Alice I've made for a rp ten years ago I recently rediscovered. Because I have a new Alice that's a thief, I made a version that was just her with Alice's color scheme and another version which is meant to be ten year old Alice which mixes her normal appearance, long hair appearance, and five year old appearance into one mug.

The next batch is a general update to my Fremy/Illya mugs that I've posted earlier.

FremyCloak3.0_zpscdx2gpdz.pngFremy3_zpsbtkhypbf.pngIllya3_zpsxvryfd1q.png

IllyaCloakNormalEyes3_zpspcf59q0t.pngIllyaNormalEyes3_zpso6moyzlk.pngIllyaSacaeNormalEyes3_zpswqtu4st6.png

IllyaCloakDemonEyes3_zps38jhigjo.pngIllyaDemonEyes3_zpsqbsr3fdh.pngIllyaSacaeDemonEye3_zpsg7calodo.png

IllyaCloakBlindEye3_zpsbrv2jgmx.pngIllyaBlindEye3_zpsacynu2k7.pngIllyaSacaeBlindEye3_zpsolx3vcwx.png

Changed the cape into her cloak from the show, changed up the head bands, added more hair, ect. Comes in eyepatch, normal eyes, demon eye, blind eye w/scar variants.

Felt1_zpsr6shxixl.png

And my last mug for this post, my interpretation of Felt from Re:Zero.

Wow that's a lot of portraits for 1 post! These are pretty good! The hair could use some work, it seems like there is a lot of the darker shades in sort of chunks and things.

HibikiGungnirGX_zps90ggaip8.pngIf this girl's shoulder is supposed to be bare, it should be curvier, it's a pretty sharp angle right now.

That mug uses Ursula's torso as a base, the only difference being her arm length gloves are removed. I didn't replace the glove cuffs because I thought they were just the excess pieces. But now that I've replicated that affect on Ursula...it does appear as though her one arm is a stump. I'll have an updated version up later.

What was originally going to be a small update for like three mugs kinda went out of control.

HibikiGungnirupdate3_zps3qk8pw0a.pngHibikiGungnirGX_zpsurfvm4vr.png

YukineChrisIchival1_zpsbpetd6ab.pngYukineChrisIchival2_zps3xxyscqs.pngYukineChris_zpsss7812mt.png

So, the first two are Hibiki with the shoulder fixed, the second two are Chris with the same fixes...and a skintone change. I originally used the FE7 skin tones for the first four skin tones and used the FE8 outline and darkest skintone thing for some characters to make them really pale. So the third mug in the second row is her casual attire with the same skin changes. But that's not all. I revisted Fremy again and gave her a similar treatment based on how I'm using that mug in an rp. In the rp, she's of Sacaen, and when I was messing with reshading Chris, I messed around with adding a yellowish tint to the FE8 skintone that Carla uses. And then I reused the hell out of that for other characters I have of Sacaen descent.

FremyCloak3.0_zps9enqz1n9.pngFremy3_zpstlqdyizy.pngIllya3_zps15ucic4u.png

IllyaCloakNormalEyes3_zpsdynet9ak.pngIllyaNormalEyes3_zpskeinhox3.pngIllyaSacaeNormalEyes3_zpsrdmknoac.png

IllyaCloakDemonEyes3_zpspyj8voe4.pngIllyaDemonEyes3_zpswzmu5jbg.pngIllyaSacaeDemonEye3_zpsobhyevxl.png

IllyaCloakBlindEye3_zps48s365q5.pngIllyaBlindEye3_zpszazc3mpa.pngIllyaSacaeBlindEye3_zps7jooebrb.png

But that's not all.

CarlaUpdate_zpsxbdzuker.pngCarlaDainsleif_zpsdgfmbmrm.pngSacaenCarlaupdate_zpslx3yagvr.png

Carla with skin changes.

Farrah_zpscszspv7t.pngIllyaMother_zpsrez4zxvm.png

Farrah and Hadiya, Carla and Illya's mothers respectively.

Noble_zpsxq8r0tqt.pngBriarHyperion_zpszkwvc3z7.pngArronHyperion_zps02xmltc0.png

And Lennox and Illya's kids, Noble, Briar, and Arron.

I can get a bit out of control sometimes. That's it for now.

You are super prolific, for sure.

It makes it slightly hard ton comment as its so much to take in it gets slightly overwhelming. But yeah, anyways, lookalike you have been improving, I am jealous of how many characters you have created here. XD

Carla also looks better. :)

Some kinda pillowy shading going on with the more custom ones tho. That last guy Arron unfortunately seems cross eyed ATM.

Yeah. Part of me wants to keep him that way though since it kinda matches the original wonky eyed version of his father in that sense. The amount of content per post would probably be less if I didn't go two full months without an update. And maybe joining the site sooner so my first few posts weren't so clogged up

Anyway, some more Fremy/Illya edits before a project I just started.

Fremy4_zpsetgpljjc.pngIllyaNormalEyes4_zps3ug2eu3p.pngIllyaDemonEyes4_zpsbjw1cwmm.pngIllyaBlindEye4_zps9p19fkje.png

I'm not sure if this is how her actually is or how a cosplay site worked around it, but her normal top is essentially a rather baggy shirt, but with a giant hold exposing her chest to midriff area in the front. Hence that little added piece. Which leads to the project I've undertaken and surprising to myself I didn't just delete right away.

HalfBodyIllya_zpswhjfo4uk.png

With the benefit of a image of her scaled down to a similar size I've made a half-body mug of Fremy sans cloak. I had to work around some stuff, like the original reference had both arms crossed and the fact that her arms are in normal position at her side like you'd see in Marisa's mug than slightly forward like in Neimi's mug. Usually when ever I attempt one of these, it's usually with one of my Hyperions who wear long purple cloaks that get kinda repetitive and without a size reference just ends up looking wierd and I just delete it.

So that is a wip. At some point when the urge strikes, I'll try to add on the cloak. But for now, that is all.

. . . . . . . . .

Yeah...

FullBodyIllya_zpsig5rsank.pngFullBodyIllyaNoCloak_zps3asmunua.png

Feet are a bit wonky. Never thought I'd actually say that one I'll definitely have to go back and work on that. It's the literally the first time I've even gotten to a full body mug, so yeah. I should have looked at some of Merc's work when I was doing that part. Regardless, here she is in cloaked and uncloaked versions. That's all for now.

(...posted faster than I got around to commenting XD)

Cool design. Pillow shading be rampantly going thru the sprite though. :0

Also belt buckles are same size, yet one leg is further back. Her hips and stomach are unaligned as well. Which... doesn't seem to be possible anatomically.(tried on self)

Still kudos, very cool. Needs some touching up though to be as awesome as it could be. ;)

Edited by ErrantShepherd

That was due to using two different references with different angled poses. The first refence, which was just the top half, matched the original angle of the mug, the second refence, which contained the full body, was facing forwards.

FullBodyIllya2_zpsnx1xcv4q.pngFullBodyIllyaNoCloak2_zpsjvbtxxis.png

The left foot still looks wonky, but I've done work on her right foot. I ended up using one of Merc's full body mugs as a reference for the feet. I also moved the right leg buckle over a bit and shrunk it.I also shifted the leg armor parts and put in a slight view of her leg behind the left leg armor. I also narrowed her left arm as it gets to the elbow. I also redid some shading as well.

When I really want to work on something, I kinda can't help myself. Plus, I had that day off, so I had the time to kill.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

FullBodyIllya3_zpshxln2dnd.pngFullBodyIllyaNoCloak3_zpsvj18jdee.png

Didn't touch the cloak yet, but I focused on the top, her exposed skin, and her thighs. Almost just reposted the previous update instead too. I realized what I think was the main route behind all the pillow shading. I used the line tool in outline, and since her outfit very dark and only makes use of two tones and outline color, it was 2 thick instead of just one.

FullBodyIllyaSacae_zpst9kmplzy.png

Call this I'm bored. Kind half-assed transformed her top to her Sacaen attire, added a half-assed skirt, and recolored some bits. I think I might try to make it a more cohesive outfit and turn what was once the bottom of her shirt into a belt, but I'm tired right now.

ShadFullbody_zpsiaeeucui.png

So a work in progress of Shad, wearing his later attire, in full body form. I definitely need to work on it. I'm quite content with the arms, except his right hand. But the part of his coat hanging down is a pain in the ass. I saw that Merc has an incomplete full body of Eliwood, so I might reference that. But the trim down the coat needs work, maybe just a bit thicker. His belt needs work. The original mug didn't even have that lightest shade of purple, sticking to the darker two tones and outline for the coat, so I added that to the top portion. Hmm...now that I'm looking at the outfit I referenced for his attire, I might actually have some sort of solution for the belt. I might just be jumping back to work on it right after I post this. But that's all for now.

Okay, so just like the first time I posted a half complete full body sprite...

ShadFullbody_zpst4ppvjoe.png

I didn't think I'd do that in just an hour though. I referenced Merc again, for the feet. The whole shoes design with those pants go back to me doing one of those hero sprite things for Shad about the time I came up with his attire. I'll probably recolor the shoes and go fix some things later, but I think I'm going to go do something else for now.

Neat, his arms are either too long though, or his legs are too short. Fully extended down arms go only about halfway down the thigh. His look close to his knees.

9bf84530b752fb387b4fb9a11ad77c19.jpg

General animesque proportions mannequin.

Edited by ErrantShepherd

That actually works out pretty good. Illya, the character Fremy is repurposed as, is about 5 feet tall, not including top most feather. After fixing the legs on Shad, which I'll post next, he would appear to be almost five inches taller than her, which is also accurate. At least, the height's added up in the math I did, dividing picture height in inches against assumed height. If I want to make Lennox a full body, I'll have to make sure that he at least scales up correctly against those two, as he is bigger than both of them.

Anyway, here Shad is with the leg fix and some others since I can't leave well enough alone.

ShadFullbody_zpsrd6s8k2d.pngShadFullbodylongerhair_zpsbp4fhfhw.pngShadFullbodylongesthair_zpso9r12k2i.png

So, normal Shad, longer hair Shad, messy longer haired Shad. That's all for now.

I'm kinda procrastinating on fixing Shad's arms. Mainly, because I've been playing Fate/Stay Night Yeah,really recent game. Haven't done much, just started working on some other full body mugs then deleted them. But I have ideas of doing a full body mug of this next character, but I just needed to add one thing that she has been missing.

MeguminTunicHat_zpswla3tsru.pngMeguminTunicEyepatchHat_zpsjfk1l9xx.pngMeguminCloakhat_zpsouylji9i.pngMeguminCloakEyepatchHat_zpseieyovdw.png

Megumin with her hat. The eye patch still sucks, but her cloak thankfully still works with the hat on. However, I'll need to fix the shading on the uncloaked version, as I'm sure it wouldn't be like that with her large hat on. The hat also needs some more shading, but, like the feet on Shad and Illya, hat's aren't a thing I typically do. The only hat I've done was splice Joshua's hat onto Shad. Konosuba's general art style doesn't get a lot of shading, so it tends to look a bit flat. I'll have to work on it more, but I'm content for the moment. That's all for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Headgear is not my forte. I think I also used the wrong image for a reference. I'll revisit Megumin's hat when I have a chance. For now, some of my latest mugs.

BlackRoseDeadEyes_zps0x5amp6z.png

YoungRose_zps5zoya6gz.pngYoungRoseBloody_zpsnf2aijik.png

YoungRoseHuman_zpsxut7oopu.pngYoungRoseHumanBloody_zpsfjg4p1di.png

This batch here consists of an edit and younger version of my Briar mug. The first is a lifeless eye version of Briar. The second row is her early in life as an assassin, pre-marriage to Maddox. The third row is after Maddox released her from her life as an assassin and eventually married her. The lifeless eye version of Briar above, due to the incident that happened to cause those scars, lost all memory of her life with the Hyperions, returning her to previous lot in life. I've been on a big Fate kick, as of late, having just played through the entirety of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and currently playing Fate/Grand Order, in anticipation to season four of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya coming out this week. Anyway, her younger design is inspired by the Assassin of Black from the Fate/Apocrypha series that I came across while looking through the Typemoon wiki.

HyperionMedic_zpsugmeetrc.png

As I tend to do, I reuse mugs as other characters. I reused my mug of Index as a character that lived with Shad and Lennox when they were kids. This is her mother, a healer I haven't decided the name of yet, that Shad hired to work for them, serving as a healer and unintended surrogate parent.

ShadFullbody_zpsnkdpbohj.pngShadFullbodylongerhair_zpsop7tk21o.pngShadFullbodylongesthair_zpsqwrv2by7.png

I've finally gotten around to working on Shad's arms. That's all about that.

OlderAlice_zpsm2bzhplm.png

AliceBattlehaircasual_zpsd0sqiwel.pngAliceBattlehairArmoy_zpsy4tthufu.png

AliceNormalHairSpyG_zpsagc8ltyv.pngAliceNormalHairSpyHyperion_zpsgqtc2gd9.pAliceNormalHairNoble_zpsfwpcz8pb.png

AliceBattleHairSpyG_zpss9spn4zj.pngAliceBattleHairSpyHyperion_zpscp0ufaxk.pAliceBattleHairNoble_zpsrl4zoy7x.png

AliceNormalHairSpyGCloak_zpse2ujoiei.pngAliceNormalHairSpyCloak_zps5nhovqwh.pngAliceNormalHairNobleCloak_zps4spxhdai.pn

AliceBattleHairSpyGCloak_zpszjbsga8l.pngAliceBattleHairSpyCloak_zps0a1ldiy6.pngAliceBattleHairNobleCloak_zpsu9zkuklg.pn

This batch here consists of Shad's future wife, Alice. The first one is a slightly older Alice after settling down. The second set is her with her hair pinned up, and leading into my whole Fate kick, it was based from Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya from when Illya installs Archer or when Kuro is in battle mode. The next set consist of different color versions of an alternate attire, with the second and fourth row of that set having the hair up and the third and fourth row having a green cape.

PrismaMaria_zpslqby6oaj.pngMahouMariaHyperion_zpscdem7w9x.png

MariaArcherInstall_zpsvbbide9x.pngMariaArcherInstallGoldEyes_zps1nlwdqrm.pMariaArcherInstallHyperion_zpsa1ahl56z.pMariaArcherInstallGoldEyesHyperion_zpsmn

And furthering on that Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya train of thought, here is Maria, Shad's ten year old sister. The first row is her as Kaleido Ruby Illya, minus the current hair ties for the ponytails, with the second mug being her normal color scheme. The second row is based on Illya with Archer installed, with me reusing that hair style from Alice. Comes in regular eye, golden eye(like Illya has when she first installs archer), Hyperion color scheme, and then a mix of the the two.

That's all for now. I really need to get in the habit of posting these here after I make them instead of a giant post.

Continuing on that whole Fate kick, a few more mugs.

ArcherShad_zps6csdsgwy.pngArcherShad2_zpsehek2bio.pngArcherShad3_zpszz3f9oql.pngArcherShad4_zps0yhskkkg.png

Here is a few variations of Shad. First, is Archer's coat. Second is Archer's hairstyle. The third is an older version, as Archer is older than his counterpart Shirou. The last version is just going all in with hair/skin/eye color changed to look like archer.

MariaRiderInstall_zpssvn0izcz.png

And here is another Maria mug, this time using Illya's version of the Rider Install. I think my next mug might be turning Maria into Illya, turning Shad into Shirou, or Maria using the Lancer install. Either way, this fate kick isn't over yet. The new season of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya just started yesterday, so that's probably going to keep me going on the Fate train. Anyway, that's all for now.

Oh boy. I've been very...VERY busy. That Fate kick I've mentioned has spurred a lot of mugs...then one persons joking(?) suggestion led to another giant batch of mugs. Let's start with the Fate stuff, since most of that pertains to my Maria mug and variations of her.

MariaLancerinstall_zpsqdpf4itb.pngMariaIllyaBangsLancer_zpscjdux3fc.pngIllyaBangsLancer_zpshfomqtco.pngMariaIllyaLancer_zpsgeoyevxq.png

MariaIllyaBangPrisma_zpsgnw3evmt.pngIllyaBangPrisma_zpsr02qvlcz.pngMariaIllyaPrisma_zps2wg3n44v.png

MariaIllyaBangArcher_zpsbf8edagm.pngIllyaBangArcher_zpsutcigfwj.pngMariaIllyaArcher_zps6cmu5kxo.pngMariaKuroArcher_zps4y33orpo.png

MariaIllyaBangsRiderInstall_zpsyjqb2dgh.IllyaBangsRiderInstall_zpsawwdtnol.pngMariaIllyaRider_zpsgvvmrxko.png

MariaSaberLilyInstall_zpsdmq64uts.pngMariaIllyaBangSaberLilyInstall_zpsdtn9smIllyaSaberLilyInstall_zps16phnkmw.pngIllyaBangSaberLilyInstall_zps7xtp2cwp.pn

MariaHyperionIllya_zpshghe6fdj.pngMariaClassicIllya_zps8iws8tuw.pngMariaClassicIllyabangs_zpszsqe7ayc.pngClassicIllyabangs_zpsbpgxw4au.png

. . . . .So in order, Lancer install(regular bangs; Illya bangs;Illya bangs & color scheme; regular bangs, Illya color scheme), Prisma Maria(Added hair; Illya bangs & color scheme; regular bangs, Illya color scheme), Archer install(Illya bangs; Illya bangs & color scheme; regular bangs, Illya color scheme; regular bangs, Illya color scheme, gold eyes), Rider install(illya bangs; Illya bangs & color scheme; regular bangs, Illya color scheme), Saber install(regular bangs; Illya bangs; regular bangs, Illya color scheme; Illya bangs & color scheme), Fate/Stay Night Illya attire(regular bangs, Maria outfit scheme; regular bangs; Illya bangs; Illya bangs & color scheme)

Just like the previous post, I didn't leave Shad out of the action. He also gained a bit of a redesign in the process while I was at it.

ShadShirou1_zpstc8rvuwr.pngShadShirouhair_zpsodnwndag.pngShihad_zps8l0kgh08.png

ArcherShadShirouhair_zpsa9psu9av.pngArcherShirou4_zpspi60fn1b.png

NewShad3New1_zpsg4k9d5sq.pngShadSacaen1New1_zpsmhvqltlx.pngShads%20new%20CoatNew1_zpsd4vd2hco.pngShads%20new%20Hair_zpsojkrx1hc.png

ShadFullbody5NewShoes_zpsrb4brxi5.pngShadFullbody4NewShoes_zpsis1srhsp.pngShadNoShirtNewHair_zpssrpz0dhk.png

BareshirtShad_zps3wljhxsu.pngBareshirtShadnewHair_zpsrpwaezrz.png

Hmm....Shad's had two different hair edits. The first is the direction his hair goes in it's shortest cut was flipped, and the second is the new hair. Anyway, first row is Shad dressed as Shirou, Shad with new hair dressed as Shirou, and Shad as Shirou with red hair. Second row is Shad with new hair as Archer and Shad as Archer from the end on the Unlimited Blade Works route in F/SN. Next row is just hair edits of Shad's old attires. After that is an updated version of my full body Shad with proper boots on, then new hair, and then a pain in the ass, Shad topless. It needs a ton of work, but I made mostly to show off the scar on his stomach from backstory injury. And to end that off, the small version of the Shad topless mugs. A comment regarding those mugs...led to the next post I'm going to make, as this post is getting large enough already.