[FE12 H3] The one where the free silvers get good

Gradivus.

Real talk, that's an okay random and I was thinking of drafting him next lol. Since Prologue is "free" Wrys can probably get to D Staves easily, so he's a potential Physic/Again user.

EDIT: I might end up trying to use Cord as a staffbot after Chapter 3, no lie looool.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only other viable staff users are Wendell/Malletface, so it was sort-of necessary. Of the rest, Frost comes way too late, and lolYubello. Was thinking about another combat unit, but staff utility is quite crucial later on, IIRC. Thanks~!

Might aswell start already until Cain/Est's prologue rolls around. Maybe I'll also record the main campaign, but I'm just going to make short playlogs for the prologue.

Pegasus!MU, weird name, Farmer's child, Beauty, Recluse.

f79dEUi.png

Her growths: 60% HP / 50% Str / 15% Mag / 60% Skl / 65% Spd / 60% Lck / 30% Def / 10% Res.

P1 8 free turns

Facetanked the soldier and doubled him, then finished off to avoid taking a second counter. Had to use up all the vulneraries against Jagen. MU got an HP, Skl, Spd level, I won't rig unless my units are screwed or I use the drill grounds.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP
MyUnit      Peg Knight       2.84 23   6   2  10  10   3   5   6  D Lnc

P2 11 free turns

Took my time I guess, this build isn't very good when the prologue counts for turns it seems, good thing it doesn't. Used up all vulneraries, which might hurt me.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       3.72 23   7   2  11  11   4   5   6  D Lnc
Ryan        Archer           1.29 18   7   0   4   4   3   7   0  D Bow

P3 9 free turns

Made a formation that protects Ryan, makes the Fighter attack MU and the Mercenary Rody. Rody got the Fighter and Caeda kills and could've gotten another Fighter had MU not crit him. Luke just baited Caeda out, Ryan chipped and Rody took the kill.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       4.39 24   7   2  12  12   5   5   6  D Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         2.00 20   6   0   5   7   5   7   0  E Swd D Lnc
Ryan        Archer           1.60 18   7   0   4   4   3   7   0  D Bow
Luke        Cavalier         1.11 20   7   0   5   7   4   7   0  D Swd E Lnc

P4J 10 free turns

Turn 1, Caeda, MU and Luke lined up to limit EP exposure while striking back. Rody got two of the melee units, MU one. Ryan then pulled the archer duo since he's 3HKOed, making Jeorge move. The archers were killed by Luke + Rody and MU. Jeorge was encircled by Caeda who could barely fly past him, Ryan and Wrys. Gave the Jeorge kill to Rody.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       5.03 24   8   3  13  12   6   6   6  D Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         4.37 20   7   0   6   7   6   8   0  E Swd D Lnc
Ryan        Archer           2.00 19   7   0   5   4   4   7   0  D Bow
Luke        Cavalier         1.11 20   7   0   5   7   4   7   0  D Swd E Lnc
Caeda       Peg Knight       4.25 19   6   2   7  15  13   7   6  D Lnc
Wrys        Curate           3.68 16   0   3   6   7   3   3   7  E Stf
Edited by Gradivus.

I was extremely close to picking Est because I theoried she might be better than Belf in terms of 10 levels worth of Drill Grounds (assuming some crit rigging to get chains) vs buying Belf Boosters.

Thank god I didn't make that mistake.

Bah what the hell, Norne, she can probably help someone get a kill or two from the reinfrocements whilst I'm rushing the throne room in C6. And chip a Draco or something in C9.

Edited by Irysa

Macellan will open that Door!

(also be glad I'm not icemario and overdrafting on units I don't need. I left you Darros on purpose bruh)

Edited by Irysa

(also be glad I'm not icemario and overdrafting on units I don't need. I left you Darros on purpose bruh)

It's almost as if half the drafters have never seriously looked at this mode and have no idea what the hell they're doing!

(in other words, do NOT make snide comments about another person's drafting choices)

Since I'm not low-turning Chapter 21 either, Michalis.

How do you interpret that as snide? If anything it's pointing out competitive drafting sense since it denies other players useful units, even if you're not going to really use them much, which means they have to deal with using worse ones. If anything I'm joking about how 4th place is at such a massive disadvantage. I wasn't kidding, I felt pretty sorry for Gradivus looking at his unit list.

Edited by Irysa

You'll regret it when I beat you by one turn :P Jokes aside, I doubt my team will be too bad since the free units can carry it and I have Sirius and Rody as naturally good combatants. We'll see how it works out, but I'm not really pessimistic on it.

P5 10 free turns

Caeda and MU pulled the Bandits in the opening, Ryan + Rody killed Caeda's and Gordin finished MU's. Killed the bottom hunter on turn 2 since he moved in a dumb way (could kill him without aggroing the 2 bandits + thief group), the other was just blocked from ORKOing Ryan by Rody, Luke and Wrys. Rody got the thief and boss kills. Funnily enough, I have yet to give a single kill to an undrafted unit and Rody hasn't used a lance yet but already got a full level of sword rank lol.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       5.77 24   8   3  13  12   6   6   6  D Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         6.06 22   8   0   8   9   7   9   0  D Swd D Lnc
Gordin      Archer           5.54 21   9   0   7   6   5   8   0  D Bow
Ryan        Archer           2.10 19   7   0   5   4   4   7   0  D Bow
Luke        Cavalier         1.41 20   7   0   5   7   4   7   0  D Swd E Lnc
Caeda       Peg Knight       4.65 19   6   2   7  15  13   7   6  D Lnc
Wrys        Curate           4.70 16   0   3   6   7   3   3   8  E Stf
Merric      Mage            10.34 24   0   7   6  10   6   7   5  D Tome

P6O 4 free turns

Fielded Rody, Gordin, Merric, Caeda and MU. This is my turn 1 formation:

Rzg9NGn.png

Unequipped Rody. The upper Fighter goes for MU, the bottom one attacks Caeda and the Cav Merric.

During the EP, Caeda hit her Fighter back for 12x2, MU for 14 dmg and Merric for 12. Turn 2, Caeda finishes the fighter off and Gordin + MU kill the other. Merric + Rody gang up on the other Cav, with Rody being within Ogma's range. Then, Rody facetanks Ogma, who does 9x2 dmg to him. Merric and Gordin chip in for 12 and 7 dmg respectively and MU takes the kill with steel lance. Cecille baits the Archer and MU kills him on turn 4.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       6.92 25   9   3  14  12   6   7   6  D Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         6.48 22   8   0   8   9   7   9   0  D Swd D Lnc
Gordin      Archer           5.75 21   9   0   7   6   5   8   0  D Bow
Caeda       Peg Knight       5.05 19   6   2   8  16  14   7   6  D Lnc
Merric      Mage            10.60 24   0   7   6  10   6   7   5  D Tome

P7E 6 free turns

Turn 1, Gordin and Merric chipped the Fighter above the start and Rody picked the kill. MU blocked the Mercenary from attacking Rody. Caeda brought the Merc down on EP. Turn 2, Gordin finished the Merc and Rody advanced. Gordin and Rody pulled an archer each, one went through a fort and the other attacked Gordin across the river. Ogma pulled the Fighter at the bottom of the map. Turn 3, I don't quite recall but I blocked most of the forts and Caeda took the bottom-right one. EP, Est attacked Caeda and a small bunch of enemies moved. On turn 4, she heals up with a vulnerary and pulls Est where Gordin can reach her. He finished her off on turn 5 with an extra chip from Merric so Gordin can do it with the more accurate iron bow.

MyUnit      Peg Knight       7.45 25  10   3  14  12   7   8   7  C Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         7.25 22   9   0   8  10   8  10   0  D Swd D Lnc
Gordin      Archer           7.00 22  10   0   9   7   5   8   0  D Bow
Caeda       Peg Knight       5.35 19   6   2   8  16  14   7   6  D Lnc
Merric      Mage            11.17 24   0   7   6  10   6   7   5  D Tome
Ogma        Mercenary        7.09 27   8   0  14  13   5   6   0  C Swd
Edited by Gradivus.

I know Gradivus knows what he's doing, so I don't mind that (though I don't feel the least bit sorry for him because he got Sirius, who should be workable without RP). I get the sense that Icemario doesn't, due to how he's drafting. It was sheer luck that I remembered how broken staves were when I did, because then I'd be forced to recruit Frost. I'll let you mock the everliving daylights out of my team, because I probably deserve it.

That being said, I got the turn order wrong. clipsey for worst mod. :P:

Edited by eclipse

I know Gradivus knows what he's doing, so I don't mind that (though I don't feel the least bit sorry for him because he got Sirius, who should be workable without RP). I get the sense that Icemario doesn't, due to how he's drafting. It was sheer luck that I remembered how broken staves were when I did, because then I'd be forced to recruit Frost. I'll let you mock the everliving daylights out of my team, because I probably deserve it.

(also be glad I'm not icemario and overdrafting on units I don't need.)

Yeah, as someone who has only played FE12 once in the form of a fairly lax H1 run and has no in-game experience with most of the game's cast in addition to only having been in one completed draft that even deviated from what appears to be a norm, I think some shaky draft choices are not very surprising.

I do think I'll learn, but I'm definitely not going to be amazing here.

Maris and Dolph.

Astram

May as well get started. I'm rigging Prologue levels and will rig stuff like the Drill Ground levels along with anything near a savepoint. Not using savestates for rigging, doing it the hard way to try to discourage me from it. That is, I'm manually resetting everytime for everything.

Female Mage MU; Orphan, Strong, Honorable. Don't have Linde so the goal is to have her replicate Linde's contributions with Nosferatu, Levin Sword and Aura, and kill Gharnef. Prologue is free so Mage having kinda shitty TCs doesn't matter. If I rig enough HP on MU in Prologue then she'll be 2HKO'd by most early enemies which saves me the usual Robe (which I can't assign until C8 anyway since rules of the draft)

P-1 - 6 turns. 2 uses of MU's Vulnerary. Jagen must not roll high on HP. Rigged a near perfect level sans Defence (Only cared about getting HP MAG SKL SPD LCK). Consistent Mag and HP levelups are basically mandatory to not get stuck in the next few maps.

General Strategy - I really shouldn't have to explain this map.

P-2 - 7 turns. 3 Vulnerary uses (used up MU's, 2 of Ryan's). 4 turn possible (heck, easy) but forfeits 10 extra chip EXP and 2 Bow WEXP on Ryan. 5 turn with an extra Vulnerary use and the extra EXP also possible but stupid for obvious reasons. 6 turn with one less Vulnerary use also possible but opted to 7 turn to milk Rody for the aforementioned EXP (W O R T H I T). Luke must not roll high on Skill so he attacks MU on the Fort over Ryan. In the 7 turn, Rody must not roll high on Strength and must roll high on Skill so he attacks Ryan instead of MU on turn 6 EP. Gave Luke to Ryan and Rody to MU. Rigged HP MAG SKL SPD LCK on MU. The Mag levelup in combination with the first one is neccessary for the quicker clears where Ryan doesn't chip twice.

General Strategy - MU Fights Luke on the Fort twice whilst Ryan chips and finishes off. MU either waits and heals on the Fort or moves to pull Rody whilst healing with a Vulnerary. Ryan chips Rody and MU either finishes or gets on the Fort and heals. If Fort, Ryan chips again next turn and MU finishes.

P-3 - 8/9 turns, can't actually remember LOL, good thing it doesn't count. Gave all the kills to MU and Ryan. There exists a 5 turn that does this too but it relies on Caeda not rolling high on Strength, which I swear only has like a 5% chance of happening. The same basic strategy works regardless, the difference between the 5 and 8/9/10 turn is that Rody can't tank Caeda if she has 8 Strength so Luke must heal to at least 19 HP to survive her with an Iron Lance. Technically MU has to Proc Mag if the top left Fighter rolls high on HP. I'm rigging anyway so this is irrelevant but if I wasn't, that sets the max to 10 turns as Luke can't pull the third fighter on the Fort so he needs an extra turn of Fort Healing. The reason he can't pull the 31 Fighter on the Fort if MU didn't proc Mag (god that's a mouthful) is because Rody needs a tile to help finish him off from and there aren't enough tiles to attack from safely if Luke was on the Fort. If these things all conspire against you then in order to 5 turn Luke has to use up the last Vulnerary and Rody has to take a Fighter kill (because he pulls the Fighter instead of Luke, and must thus finish him off), so screw that. Since Caeda rolled up most of the time, I opt to just Fort Heal with Luke. The 8/9 turn differentiation is based on whether or not the top left Fighter rolled High on Strength, as Luke once again needs another turn of Fort healing if he does. Managed to optimise EXP spread by having Ryan take the Caeda kill right before he hit level 2, thus boosting his EXP gain. Got MU and Ryan perfect levels sans Str+Def for MU and Mag+Luck for Ryan.

General Strategy - Luke gets on the Fort, Ryan moves above Luke and Rody and MU box him in (MU from above). The Fighter attacks MU, the Merc attacks Luke. Ryan chips the Fighter and MU moves up one tile and KOs. Luke and Rody box MU in. The Merc attacks Ryan. Ryan chips the Merc and MU finishes. Luke pulls the second Fighter on the Fort (unless previous exceptions hold true). Ryan chips and MU finishes. Rody pulls Caeda. If Caeda has 8 Strength, then Luke Heals for however many turns it takes to get above 18 HP, then pulls Caeda with Rody's Iron Lance. MU chips and Ryan finishes.

P-4A - 8 turns. Because of the stats I've been rigging up till now I don't care what the enemy rolls are. 2 Vulnerary uses, I now have two single use Vulneraries. MU's Tome is nearly broken so she mostly just finishes things off and Ryan and Caeda do most of the damage.

General Strategy - Everyone gets inside the enclave whilst Caeda blocks the entrance. Caeda trades for Wrys' Vulnerary, MU moves above Caeda, Ryan moves to the right to fight the Archer and Wrys is inbetween. Caeda weakens Soldiers on EP and uses Vulneraries on PP whilst MU finishes the Soldiers from safety, whilst Ryan keeps chipping one of the Myrms and 3HKO's the Archer from pure EP combat. Wrys keeps Ryan topped up. After the second Soldier dies, Athena moves first so she attacks Caeda. MU moves away to let Wrys keep healing Caeda, who does nothing whilst Ryan 3HKOs a Merc. Once that Merc is dead and Athena is in KO range Wrys moves away and MU kills Athena and Rody moves out to tank the final Myrm (doesn't matter which cav does this, they just have to have an Iron Lance equipped). Last turn MU chips and Ryan kills.

I'm still resetting on this to try to get good levels for Ryan and MU.

Edited by Irysa

Damn, kind of realised I sort of wanted Frost for lategame. I guess Etzel Xane Malicia MU should be enough staffers in theory.

Uh...Matthis.

I know what I'm doing.

EDIT: Changing my P-3 so that MU pulls the second Fighter instead of Luke so I get more EXP and WEXP on a drafted unit. Every bit of WEXP counts when I'm aiming to get to B Tomes for Chapter 3 (Aura). Because MU must heal to above 17 HP, the min TC with this strat is 7, I take 9 to save a Vulnerary use. P-4 will also subsequently be changed to have Luke tank the Myrm on the final EP since I may as well funnel any and all chip EXP into one Cav in case they level up. Someone undrafted has to take a kill or two in P-5 and better Luke than Rody or Merric, as if I have to end up using some extra units with a penalty in earlygame may as well be Luke because of his better bases. P-5 strat is already set out but I havent finalised the EXP distribution yet.

EDIT2: Might also change P-4 so Ryan kills Athena, MU kills the Merc on the tile Caeda was occupying, chips the Myrm on EP (speed rigging means she doesn't get doubled), Ryan chips then MU kills. Again, slightly more EXP and WEXP, although I might have to trade an earlier Myrm kill to MU to balance the EXP better if Athena is dying to Ryan. Hmm. I think the extra 20 EXP I've found from this and P-3 should balance that out though.

EDIT: The Myrm is a chump and gets 2HKO'd so whatever, strat's staying the same.

Edited by Irysa

Robert and Caesar

P8 22 free turns

Fed all kills to drafted units, some to Est too so she might get viable with drill grounds + energy drops later on. Marth got the Katarina kill and overall my units were pretty cooperative with their level ups. Took the chapter fairly slowly and just unfielded Caeda since all she does better than Est is doubling 12 spd thieves, which aren't very common anyway.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP          BOOSTERS
Marth       Lord             8.40 28  10   0  12  12  11   9   0  D Swd         Growth Drop
MyUnit      Peg Knight       9.34 27  11   3  16  13   9   9   7  C Lnc
Rody        Cavalier         8.62 23  10   0   8  11   9  10   0  D Swd D Lnc
Gordin      Archer           8.18 22  11   0   9   8   5   9   0  D Bow
Merric      Mage            11.77 24   0   7   6  10   6   7   5  D Tome
Ogma        Mercenary        7.67 27   8   0  14  13   5   6   0  C Swd
Est         Peg Knight       7.27 20   7   2   8  15  13   9   6  C Lnc

C1 8/8 turns

Bought 4x Javelin (-3000G).

Used Growth Drop on Marth.

Cash remaining - 7000G

Merc!Rody is pretty legit and Gordin's chip damage is pretty useful too. The AI stuff on this map was a bit weird, the axe enemies would rather attack Lance!MU than Marth or Rody despite dealing less damage, but it didn't make much difference for the clear, except for feeding an extra kill to Marth.

Marth       Lord             9.15 29  11   0  13  13  12  10   0  D Swd
MyUnit      Cavalier        10.10 27  13   1  14  12   9  12   1  E Swd C Lnc
Rody        Mercenary        9.15 24  10   0  15  15  10   9   0  D Swd
Gordin      Archer           8.65 22  11   0   9   8   5   9   0  D Bow
Arran       General       xx/3.30 32  11   1  10   8   4  17   3  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric           2.02 17   0   2   1   5  12   1   6  C Stf
Edited by Gradivus.

C2 7/15 turns

Sold Bullion (S), bought Speedwing (+2500G)
Used Speedwings on Marth.

Cash remaining - 9500G

There's no way I could've fought 4-5 Dracoknights head-on without slowing down a lot, so I had Marth sneak up the right. The sequence after the map save actually involved some major bullshit, I literally had to reset over 20 times to figure out the right formation to manipulate the Dracoknight movement. The left Silverlance!Dracoknight loves to chase after Marth instead of moving down, even though it's a much longer way than going towards MU, who is very close to his range. Since Rumel somehow moved left, I could have Arran set up two DK kills on EP6, instead of one, which is neat.

Marth's speedwing should help him double most enemies from now on, which also allows him to gain exp more easily. His str and spd are pretty blessed too.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP            BOOSTERS
Marth       Lord             9.95 29  11   0  13  15  12  10   0  D Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      10.75 28  12   4  17  13   9  10   7  C Lnc
Rody        Hunter          10.28 25  13   0  11  13  11   7   0  E Bow
Gordin      Archer           9.61 23  12   0  10   8   5   9   0  C Bow
Arran       General       xx/3.97 32  11   1  10   8   4  17   3  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric           2.97 17   0   2   1   5  12   1   6  C Stf
Edited by Gradivus.

I was hoping I'd have my prologue finished by now but Ryan is being very uncooperative with levelups.

Samto. Maybe I can use him as fodder to set up an otherwise impossible kill in 6, who the fuck knows.