Gradivus.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C3 8/23 turns

Forged +1 Mt Steel Sword (-875G)

Cash remaining - 8625G

This one was tricky, I even had to do the weirdest instapromo I did anytime recently by promoting Palla halfway through level 10. She needed this to finish off Rucke with the silver lance, while disposing of the Cavalier on turn 6, without dying.

The DK squads in the east forced me to make full use of melee units on EP. Pirate allowed Rody to double DKs, move over water (which came in handy for pulling a DK away from Arran) and 3HKO the DKs, which lets him finish off on the next PP without taking a second counter. Myrmidon!MU does the same with Lady Sword, which also helps her build sword rank to be a better FK in the future. Marth was there to help out against 1 DK, so Gordin's damage is enough to pick the kill without an expensive bow forge.

The second DK group was trickier to take on, since Marth wasn't there to deal EP damage to the third DK, so I had to make a formation to bait them for a second turn. Cavaliers!Cord (on a fort) and Catria both have 10 Def, which makes Rody (8) and MU (9) obvious targets for DKs, while Gordin was attacked by the third DK (probably) because he had less avoid than the Cavs, since they were on terrain tiles.

Marth is weirdly blessed, he got Str and Spd on all five levels so far. The rest of my team got a bunch of good levels too, MU especially needs more speed.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP            BOOSTERS
Marth       Lord            11.22 31  13   0  15  17  14  11   0  D Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Myrmidon        12.34 29  13   3  20  19  10   9   1  E Swd
Rody        Pirate          11.61 26  15   0   9  16  11   8   0  E Axe
Gordin      Archer          11.14 23  13   0  11   8   6  10   0  C Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/1.63 28  14   1  11  16   9  14   3  B Lnc E Axe
Malicia     Cleric           4.41 17   0   3   2   7  13   2   6  C Stf
Arran       General       xx/4.49 32  11   1  10   8   4  17   3  B Lnc E Bow

C3x 6/29 turns

Cash remaining - 8625G

Pretty straightforward one. Palla and MU could flank the Archers without much trouble, which allowed me to clear it using 5 combatants only and thus field Malicia for more exp.

I also clicked the Yes option at the end by total accident. I actually wanted to say no, but oh well.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP            BOOSTERS
Marth       Lord            11.67 31  13   0  15  17  14  11   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      12.87 29  14   5  17  15  10  10   7  C Lnc
Rody        Hunter          12.06 27  15   0  12  15  12   7   0  E Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/2.01 29  14   1  12  17   9  14   3  B Lnc E Axe
Malicia     Cleric           5.26 18   0   3   3   7  13   3   6  C Stf
Arran       Sniper        xx/4.64 28  10   1  15  13   4   9   3  C Bow
Gordin      Archer          11.14 23  13   0  11   8   6  10   0  C Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

Bantu

P-4A - 8 turns. Finally got some good levels. Outlined the strategy earlier, it hasn't changed, besides the fact that Luke tanks the Myrm on Turn 7 EP instead of Rody. Ryan got 2 levels, both with HP SKL and SPD, 1 with STR and LCK. MU got 1 perfect level minus STR and DEF.

P-5 - 10/11/15 turns. A 4 turn is possible but requires a quite a few more Vulnerary and Heal staff uses and spreads the EXP instead of focusing it into MU and Ryan, so I passed on it. The primary reason the other TCs are so high is, as you can probably guess, because I Fort heal inbetween encounters. However, the variation between 10 and 15 has quite a few different factors involved. Foremost is whether the boss rolls high on Speed (quite common). If this is the case, Ryan is doubled so to spread EXP optimally I'm obligated to give him the bosskill, which means MU must heal inbetween fighting the boss twice. However, this can be alleviated in two ways; the first option is to give the Thief kill to Ryan to get him to level 5, then rig Speed, which means he cannot be doubled. However this is once again bad for optimal EXP spread so I won't do this. The second is if Athena dodges on Turn 1 EP. She faces 55 disp hit whilst on a Forest tile against Bandits, so this is not uncommon. If Athena dodges then Wrys can dedicate 2 rounds of Healing to Rody on Turn 2 and 3, which allows me to box in the fourth Bandit with both Cavs, Athena and Caeda, then feed the kill to Ryan, which also nets him a levelup, allowing for a similar situation to the Ryan Thiefkill scenario if he gets Speed. This does use up two Vulneraries and an extra Heal Staff use but the additional kill makes it worth it. For the sake of simplicity, assume Ryan gets Speed everytime he gets a levelup on this map since I'm rigging anyway.

To broadly summarise;

15 turns - Boss has 11 speed AND Athena doesn't dodge AND don't give the Thief to Ryan.

11 turns - Athena dodges

10 turns - Boss has 10 speed AND Athena doesn't dodge OR Boss has 11 Speed AND Athena doesn't dodge AND give the Thief to Ryan.

There is one stat distribution on the enemies that can trip me up, and that's if the Hunter to the South procs a point of Res; this results in Merric and MU not being able to 2HKO him down. This has an absurdly low chance of happening though, so it's rather irrelevant. The strat I use required MU to have procced Mag every levelup in order to combine for the aforementioned 2HKO with Merric. An alternative strat could have Athena fight two enemies on turn 1 EP, having to dodge at least one (not unlikely given the previously listed 55 disp hit she faces). This would free up some units to be able to teamkill the second Hunter instead of having to rely on MU and Merric making the kill.

General Strategy - MU moves to the far left against the edge of the map, Caeda moves above her and trades for her Vulnerary. Athena gets on the forest tile to the right. Everyone else stays out of the way, although Rody should have Luke's Iron Sword to increase reliability. MU fights one Bandit, who blocks off the second, diverting him to Athena. A hunter must move to the tile just in front of Merric, sometimes he doesn't for no particular reason, so that sucks. On Turn 2, Merric moves to the right of that Hunter, chips him from 1 range, then MU finishes from 2 range on the Fort. Rody chips the Bandit that MU chipped on EP with the Iron Sword, then Ryan trades away Rody's Iron Sword and finishes him off. Luke trades for the Iron Sword and finishes off the Bandit that Athena weakened on EP. If Athena got hit on EP, she is is healed by Wrys, if not, then Wrys heals Rody. Athena then ORKOs a Hunter from 1 tile below the Fort (fortunately this guy never moves weirdly). Caeda moves onto the Fort and Trades Athena a Vulnerary. If Athena dodged, Caeda does not equip her Iron Lance (stops her getting 2HKO'd with a Vulnerary use inbetween rounds), if she did not, then she leaves it equipped. On EP, Caeda is attacked first, which then blocks her off to other enemies. Merric is attacked next, which also blocks him off. Then the Thief has nobody else left to hit but Athena. Merric and Ryan finish off the Bandit that attacked Merric, MU trades for Merric's Fire (to try to conserve uses between the two of them since I'll probably be deploying Merric and MU in remaining Prologue maps, and I only have 3 uses left on her Tome) then finishes off the Thief. If the Thief moves to Athena's right instead of below her and Athena did not dodge on Turn 1 EP, then Caeda can move to trade away Merric's Fire in order to let MU use it against the Thief. Luke chips Caeda's Bandit then Athena finishes, as Rody is probably never getting deployed again after this map. If Athena dodged on Turn 1, then Caeda and Athena both use Vulneraries, Wrys heals Rody a second time, and he and Luke box the Bandit in. The next turn, MU and Luke chip the Bandit down for Ryan to take the kill. After all of that, MU goes to heal on the Fort. If the boss does not double Ryan, then Ryan fights him on EP once before heading to the other Fort to heal, then MU also comes over to fight once on EP too. Ryan comes back and chips one more time and MU finishes. If the boss doubles Ryan then MU must heal a second time in order to chip the boss twice, then Ryan finishes.

I got some pretty good levels in a 11 turn where Athena dodged for optimal EXP but I think they could be improved. If I get sick of trying to rig good levels I guess I'll just move on.

Edited by Irysa

Got some good levels in P4.

MU - HP SPD SKL LCK x2, MAG X1
Ryan - HP STR SKL SPD DEF

P-6O - 6 turns. 3 turn available, but obviously it fucks up with the EXP. Deployment positioning starting from the bottom - Ryan, Caeda, MU, Athena, Merric. Focused EXP into Cecille since she needs to catch up. Rigged a perfect levelup sans Mag and Res for Cecille.

General Strategy - Cecille moves to the left of Ryan, who is in the bottom corner, then trades him her goodies and takes an Iron Sword and Iron Lance. Caeda trades with Ryan for the Steel Lance and equips it, along with the Elfire and Steel Sword. MU trades with Caeda for the Elfire and Steel Sword, Athena trades with MU for the Steel Sword. On EP, the enemies block each other off (as usual) via the Fighters attacking MU and Caeda, then the Cavalier goes for Cecille. MU finished 2HKOing her Fighter (due to rigging Mag, I can save one Elfire use, but two will always kill this guy otherwise), Ryan finished Caeda's, Caeda trades for the Elfire from MU and Merric takes it from Caeda to chip the Cavalier. Cecille finishes off with an Iron Lance. Athena pulls Ogma, blocking him off from Merric at the same time. MU and Ryan chip Ogma and Cecille takes the kill with a Lance again. Athena, Caeda and Cecille box in the remaining Archer and Cecille gums it to death with her Lance. In the 3 turn, Athena would kill this Archer on the last turn herself.

P-7C - 6 turns. 4 turns can be done but it generally has a slightly worse EXP spread since Athena has to kill an Archer and Merric a Knight. I'm positive I can 3 turn but I'm pretty sure I'd have to undeploy Ryan for Wrys or Ogma. An alternative could be deploying Luke instead of Cecille as her Def is too low to get the Archer to prioritise MU on a Fort for Turn 1 EP, which limits strategical flexability. Deployed MU, Merric, Athena, Cecille, Caeda, Ryan. If the middle Myrm spawns with 11 speed then Caeda can double him, letting Cecille get a bit more EXP. If that Myrm rolls high on def or hp then Cecille has to use a Steel Sword once or twice in order to get the KO. I considered going back to P-6 to make sure Caeda gets a level so she consistently doubles, but decided against it. Finally, ideally the Knights roll low on HP, but this is nonessential as it just saves Elfire uses/gets Ryan some more kills (technically, if Merric chips the middle Knight with Elfire or Fire depending on the Knight's HP, then Ryan finishes and gets Str or Spd then the bottom left Knight's HP doesn't matter). Rigging for good levels here is absurdly difficult given it's across four seperate characters. I was prioritising Cecille's levelup as I absoloutely need to get her enough HP/Def to avoid OHKO status in the near future, and because I've gotten a comfortable lead on averages with MU and Ryan with their rigging already. Really, the only stats I wanted them to get on this map were HP, and maybe Luck for Ryan, which is not much to ask for. However I ended up getting pretty good levels! MU got HP SKL SPD LCK RES, Ryan got STR SKL SPD, Caeda got SKL SPD LCK, Cecille got a perfect levelup sans MAG and RES.

General Strategy - Ryan chips the Knight in the middle with an Iron Bow. Merric gets on the Fort and doubles with Fire. MU moves in front and trades for Fire and finishes (if bottom Knight has 35 HP, Merric uses Elfire - middle Knight has 35 HP - or Fire - middle Knight has 34 HP - and Ryan takes the kill instead, hopefully getting Str or Spd so he can kill the bottom Knight). Athena moves in front of Ryan, equipped with a Steel Sword. Caeda attacks the middle Myrm from below with a Steel Lance, then Cecille boxes him in, weapon depending on his defence and speed (note that it is generally more beneficial for Cecille to not finish here on PP even if she can, as getting hit on EP diverts an Archer to the top of the map, which helps with feeding Ryan kills at the bottom). on EP Athena is attacked by the remaining Knight, and MU by the top Archer. If Caeda didn't double the Myrm on turn 1 then Cecille finishes the Myrm off, followed by Caeda finishing the Archer who attacked MU from above (Fort tile, the healing is very relevant). Cecille gets that Archer otherwise. Merric chips the remaining Archer from across the river with Elfire, then MU finishes with Fire. Ryan gets on the Fort and chips the Knight with a Steel Bow. Athena uses a VUlnerary. Ryan gets attacked by the Knight on EP, then finishes him on Turn 3. Athena gets on the Fort in front of Ryan. If the Knight fluxed up on HP then Athena finishes him off. Caeda blocks the Fort the Peg reinforcement spawns from. Cecille gets on the top central Fort, equips an Iron Lance and uses a Vulnerary. On EP, Cecille gets attacked by Cain, whilst Athena fights the Myrm. Ryan finishes the Myrm next turn (if he fluxed up on Def, then Athena chips first), then Merric and MU chip one of the reinforcement Cavs down (if Athena didn't have to help with the Myrm kill then she can act as a trade conduit in order to preserve this last 2 use Fire Tome I've got). Cecille finishes the Cav with an Iron Lance. Caeda occupies the Fort tile Cecille was on to fight Cain on EP. MU finshes Cain next turn with Elfire. Ryan chips from the Fort tile, then Chips again on Turn 6 for Cecille to finish. On the actual clear I got, Caeda missed a Steel Lance so I had to have Athena blow another Vulnerary use to tank Cain on EP before letting MU take the kill.

P-8 - its turtling time. Goals - get Cain at least 8 uses of a Lance since that means he'll be at C as a Draco or Paladin, get Cecille to D Lances, try to get Ryan some Luck.

Edited by Irysa

C4 3/32 turns

Bought 1 Speedwing and 1 Dracoshield, forged +1 Mt Iron Lance (-5480G)

Cash remaining: 3145G

Used Speedwing and Dracoshield on Palla.

The General + double rescue strat still works. It was really tricky to figure out a way to keep Yumina alive and get the Devil Sword. On top of that, Sirius needed the Devil Sword for the bosskill and wasn't within 2 tiles of Marth, so convoy-dropping it on turn 3 and giving it to Sirius afterwards wasn't an option. Luckily, Palla could OHKO the Thief with Silver Lance, so I could get the sword to Sirius via trading. I guess I could've given her an extra hunter kill, which I somehow overlooked.

I also needed a bunch of resources to get rid of the pirates on turn 1 with any reliability. +1 Mt Iron Lance has 74 hit against pirates on forest tiles compared to 64 with steel lance. The speedwing allowed Palla to double the Hunters and 11 Spd Pirates, along with a bunch of faster enemies throughout the game. The Dracoshield was necessary for her to survive the enemies.

The Yubello sacrafice allowed Palla to avoid taking another silver axe to the face, I think without that she could've died depending on how the enemy stats roll.

Marth       Lord            12.12 32  13   0  15  18  15  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      12.97 29  14   5  17  15  10  10   7  C Lnc
Rody        Cavalier        12.66 27  14   0  10  15  12  11   0  D Swd D Lnc
Palla       General       10/2.79 37  14   1  10  16   9  21   3  B Lnc E Bow     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Malicia     Cleric           5.65 18   0   3   3   7  13   3   6  C Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/4.72 24  11   1  12  11   4  12   3  B Lnc E Axe
Gordin      Hunter          11.38 25  14   0  12  10   6   7   0  C Bow
Yumina      Cleric           3.17 16   0   2   2   7   9   2   5  C Stf
Sirius      Paladin       xx/1.37 28  12   1  14  13   4  11   6  B Swd A Lnc
Edited by Gradivus.

P-8 - 38 Turns (lol). Deployed Marth, MU, Ryan, Cecille, Cain, Wrys, Caeda, Ogma. Managed to get Cain 16 Lance WEXP, so he'll be at C Lances as any promoted Lance wielding class! Managed to get Cecille to D Lances (specifically, she has 32 Lance WEXP), which should help with a bit of strategical flexability. I'll need to get her another 7 or so Lance uses to be at C as a Falco, but that shouldn't be difficult. Got Ryan to 10 speed as an Archer, with a Hunter reclass and a Speedwing he can double Chapter 1 enemies without eating any counters. Got Marth to level 8. Overall there were some unwelcome crits and Cecille could have gotten a better second levelup, but since I get access to forging, reclassing, the base shop and the like from here on out, I wasn't too fussed. Although...I'm beginning to wonder about redoing it to get Cecille an extra speed level since that would let her double stuff in Chapter 1 as a Cav...

General Strategy - Too long to get really detailed, so suffice to say it's a slow paced turtling strat. The main key to this map is to make sure you free up some space to kill enemies in for turn 3, so after diverting the thieves to different targets on turn 1 EP someone like Cain should activate the Bandit and Hunter on the right. Because of MU's shit defence, I can lure the Hunter to attack her on EP and the Bandit to attack Cain by blocking her off with Ogma and Cain. Finish those two off, and it's just a matter of making sure that the reinforcement Thieves are always countered when they get into range. MU and Wrys can be used as bait for a Handaxe Bandit reinforcement, and other units can form a wall to stop them being attacked twice. Heal up, Cain pulls the duo on the right, finish, heal. Cain does the next pull, Cecille ORKOs a Mage whilst everyone else gangs up on the other three enemies. For the final pull, MU stands in range of both Levin Sword Thieves, and Caeda in range of one of the Silver Sword thieves (ideally one she can double). MU counters the Levins with Elfire, which should allow for everyone I care about to take a thief kill whilst Ogma sets up a Katarina kill for MU.

Stats at Chapter 1

Marth       Lord            08.07 28  10  00  11  11  11  10   0  D Swd           Growth Drop
MyUnit      Mage            10.55 29  06  12  13  13  10  02   6  C Tme
Ryan        Hunter          08.25 25  13  00  12  14  06  07   0  C Bow           1 Wing
Cecille     Cavalier        08.12 23  10  02  12  13  09  07   0  D Swd D Lnc
Arran       Paladin         3.00  26  10  01  12  11  04  10   6  D Swd B Lnc
Edited by Irysa

7 Turns.

+1 Mt Iron Bow Forge, 1 Speedwing to Ryan.

6 Turns is doable (with the Lorenz kill going to Cecille) if I forge some more Mt onto the Bow, but I'd rather have the Mend staff than the boss EXP. Honestly I'm considering just taking an 8 Turn that gets Marth and Ryan way more EXP (I kill the Levin Sword Thief), doesn't buy a Speedwing (which sets up more kills) AND doesn't need the Forge. I actually want to recruit Julian (through the middle mind, not the long way!), and don't want to promote Palla till Chapter 5, which is going to hurt my TCs enough to probably lose to Gradivus anyway. Basically, I think I'd rather just do a reasonably paced regular playthrough with these units than try to LTC it with them. Although thats a bit rich given I've spent like a week or more rigging Ryan and MU stats so I could LTC some of these early maps...

I forgot how long DSFE videos took to process. I probably won't be doing more of these.

Edited by Irysa

I like how Draug crossed the mountain range to do nothing.

I've no idea how good your CPU is, but my FE12 videos usually take 15-20 min to render + upload with windows movie maker. EDIT: It's actually between 3 and 10 minutes usually.

Edited by Gradivus.

In my dry runs, he distracted a Hunter once, which saves a Vulnerary use! I could never get that to happen again though.

5c9dc0bd09.png

Also I should have said render + process, mine honestly dont take hours or anything but I just hate how it impedes me doing much else on my PC in the meantime.

Seriously though, I'm in a rut about whether or not I should try to full on LTC this playthrough. Maybe I'm just burnt out. I feel like if I actually want to try to get low turn counts I should go all the way, even for meaningless little turn shaves like this.

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...

Since SOMEONE wanted to know why I haven't started it, and Jehanna Hall is doing bad things to my temper. . .

Name: Geitz

Class: Fighter

Fortune: Noble's Child, Diverse, Truth-Seeker (which is. . .kinda what Geitz is anyway, I just did it for the bonuses)

Prologue 1 - 4

With the above setup, Geitz doubles the soldier. Burned through two vulnerary uses, and got a questionable level (HP, Def).

Prologue 2 - 6

By parking both of my units on the forts, I'm able to convince Luke to attack Geitz. I whittled down Luke (got HP, Str, Skl, and Spd, whee), then waited a couple of turns for the fort to heal Geitz. Once that was finished, I used Geitz to lure Rody, who's doubled and dies shortly afterwards.

Prologue 3 - 11

Had to wait for Geitz to heal up on the forts, since I'd like to conserve my vulnerary uses! Geitz is fast enough to double the fighters, which spelled his doom on a failed run.

Prologue 4 - 10

So I decided to cheese this one, and I'm not sorry!

On turn 1, I lined up Geitz, Caeda, and Luke, and had them take the brunt of the offense. Geitz traded his weapon to Luke, so that he wouldn't accidentally kill someone on EP. On turn 2, Wrys healed Caeda, Ryan sniped at the fighter, and Luke/Geitz downed the last two shots of Ryan's vulnerary. On turn 3, Ryan sniped at the fighter again, and Geitz reclaimed his axe and finished, while Luke killed the final mercenary. As long as nothing enters the archer's range, they won't aggro. I used the extra time to heal up everyone, then had Luke bait the archers. Of the three archers, Geitz managed to double and kill one, Caeda and Luke teamed up to kill the second one, and Rody and Ryan boxed Jeorge in. From there, it was cake.

Geitz got a decent level (HP, Str, Skl, Spd), while Luke was a mixed bag (one blank level, one HP, Str, Lck, Def). Wrys was his usual self and got a blank level.

Oh, wait, I drafted Athena. . .nah, screw it. I would've lost multiple people on her map (since the only person she didn't double was Caeda).

Prologue 5 - 10 (?)

Forgot to take the turn count.

I used Luke to bait out the first axe guy, then did stupid things like use Wrys as bait and have Ryan somehow dodge a double attack by a hunter (the former was intentional, the latter was gravy). Once the initial rush died down, I used Luke to bait the southern bandit and thief. On PP, I killed both, then healed up on the forts and bumrushed the boss with Caeda, Merric, and Luke.

Prologue 6 - 7

Could've done this a turn faster, can't be arsed to redo it.

I deployed Geitz, Luke, Merric, and Caeda. I kept out of Ogma's range on turn 1, then managed to kill all three enemies on PP (Cavalier lost exactly 20 HP thanks to Geitz, Caeda did 12 damage to her bandit, and Merric + Cecille finished off the other bandit). Then, I had Caeda take one swig of the Prologue 5 vulnerary, while Luke took two, then Caeda baited Ogma. Merric did some damage, Luke attacked head-on (and survived because Ogma doubled for 10 damage and not 11), and Geitz finished. Baited the archer with Cecille a turn later, then had Caeda and Luke get the kill.

Speaking of Luke, he finally got Speed~!

Edited by eclipse

New day, new post~!

Prologue 7 - 13

This was a matter of "who can challenge Est without instantly dying?" Did a lot of unit shuffling in the northwest corner, and also did my best to heal up. Right before the reinforcements came, I had Merric sit on the northwest fort, Ogma and Geitz in range of Est, with Wrys right behind Geitz, and Caeda to the south. When all hell broke loose, the Hand Axe guy targeted Wrys, while Est went after Geitz, who miraculously dodged a hit (he was on a forest, but still). Killed off the Hand Axe guy with Ogma and Geitz, healed up Geitz, and pulled everyone in. Est decided to attack Luke, who miraculously survived with 1 HP. From there, I cleaned up the enemies, then forgot about the southern fighter. Thank goodness turn counts are irrelevant here~!

Prologue 8 - 27

Part 1: Everyone to the northwest corner, Marth keeps his butt on the throne while Luke and Ogma stand ready. Luckily, Luke isn't doubled, which makes things less complicated. Clean those guys up, heal up, and wait for the reinforcements. Repeat until all moving reinforcements die.

Part 2: Baited out all the stationary enemies between the good guys and Katarina, and heal up as necessary.

Part 3: Merric and Ogma bait the thieves. Due to AI shenanigans, the Levin Sword thief moves first, and doubles Merric. This blocks the Silver Sword thief. Merric RUNS, downs a vulnerary, and is healed by Wrys. Ogma follows. Everyone else crowds around for the fight of the century. On EP, Merric is attacked again, and counters.

Part 4: Ogma and Marth kill the lone thief that went to the right, Luke kills the thief that Merric pecked at for two turns, Gordin and Geitz kill another thief, and Caeda helps to seal off the opening. Merric heals up yet again. On EP, Katarina targets Geitz, who has a nice barrier of people around him, so the Silver Sword thief settles for someone else. On PP, I realize that Ogma is nowhere near the action, and is close to leveling, so I have him run towards everyone, while Wrys heals Merric, and Merric and Luke take out the thief. Caeda parks herself in front of Katarina and waits. On the final EP, Katarina attacks Luke and leaves him at 1 HP. On the final PP, Wrys heals Ogma, Ogma chips down Katarina for a level, and Marth finishes for another level.

Turns out my detour for Gordin saved this run!

Levels for Chapter 1 (after reclassing):

Wj1EFXF.png

eTmidYj.png

azfCzdm.png

Chapter 1 - 12/12

. . .and then I changed my mind and reclassed Arran to General and Geitz to Cavalier.

I had to bait out the southern enemy swarm carefully, because everyone that wasn't named Arran was 2HKO'd. Once I'd gotten rid of them, I cleared out the village and recruited Staff Chick. Staff Chick and vulneraries patched up Arran, who then baited out the second swarm. I managed to park Arran on the fort, and thanks to some shopping by Geitz (a Javelin), I was able to kill off the last two bandits and hunter on PP. From there, I talked to Lorenz (I will need the extra healing), and seized. Staff Chick's first level is promising (something like HP, Mag, Spd, and Lck).

Chapter 2 - 12/24

Reclassed Luke to Hunter so he'll start gaining Speed. Gave Marth a Speedwings because he's on-par with Geitz, and that's bad.

So Marth couldn't double the faster things, and Arran could only take so much grief. Stole Gradivus' strategy, but had to wait around a bit to get Staff Chick's squishy butt out of the way. I parked Arran on the western fort, and he can take three generic attacks and a boss, assuming that he doesn't have a lance at ready. Geitz managed to draw a single Dracoknight, which he and Luke finished off. Speaking of, Luke gained Speed~!

To get the Boss and Co. south, I had Catria park herself far enough away that they couldn't catch her on the next turn, but closer than Marth (so that the AI would go after her instead). Oh, and recruited Warren by using Staff Chick as bait (she had 17 HP/3 DEF at the time, or something like that. . .enough to withstand a single attack).

Edited by eclipse

C5 10/42 turns

Sold Bullion (S) and Wing Spear, drill grounded R3ndom and Palla (+3960G).

Cash remaining: 7105G.

Had to slow down a turn since I couldn't rout/surround the snipers without Marth's help. First time I dropped turns only because I needed extra offense from the lord haha.

The spd proc on Gordin came in handy for killing the bishop in 1 turn, which let Arran reach the ballista in time to let MU kill. I didn't plan the boss area too well, I could just have given her the Taurus and forged +1 mt on a steel lance so Palla could still give the kill to Sirius. Alternatively, she could just have used steel lance on turn 9 to hit A lances, which lets her ORKO Toras, allowing Sirius to kill the generic ballista. It's also possible that a different strat could still have gotten sirius the bosskill anyway, I don't really know.

Marth       Lord            12.55 32  13   0  15  18  15  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      14.69 31  16   5  18  16  11  10   7  C Lnc
Rody        Mercenary       13.47 28  14   0  17  19  12   9   0  D Swd
Palla       Dracoknight   10/4.62 30  15   1  13  20   9  16   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Malicia     Cleric           6.80 18   0   3   3   8  13   3   6  B Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/5.02 25  11   1  13  12   4  12   3  B Lnc E Axe
Gordin      Mercenary       12.75 26  12   0  16  14   6  10   0  E Swd
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/2.72 27  14   1  15  13   5  13   3  A Lnc E Axe
Yumina      Cleric           4.96 16   0   3   2   8   9   3   5  C Stf
Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

C6 7/49 turns

Drill Grounded R3ndom, Sirius and Gordin (-2180G).

Cash remaining: 4925G.

Rody and Palla being able to ORKO knights here helped quite a bit when dealing with the bunch in the left room. Tried to get a 6-turn, but some details always ended up staying in the way, so I just settled with this. Had to kill Samto so a) the sniper wouldn't block the way and b) Rody has armorslayer access for the bosskill. Needed the swarm bishop not to proc 13 spd so Sirius can ORKO him.

Marth       Lord            12.78 32  13   0  15  18  15  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      15.35 31  16   6  18  17  12  11   7  B Lnc
Rody        Cavalier        14.76 29  16   0  12  17  13  12   0  C Swd D Lnc
Palla       Dracoknight   10/5.87 31  16   1  14  20   9  17   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Malicia     Cleric           8.04 18   0   4   3   8  13   4   8  B Stf
Arran       Paladin       xx/5.37 27  10   1  13  12   4  10   6  D Swd B Lnc
Gordin      Pirate          13.41 27  16   0   9  14   6   9   0  E Axe
Sirius      Sniper        xx/4.02 32  14   1  20  17   6  11   3  C Bow
Yumina      Cleric           6.31 16   0   5   2  10  11   3   5  C Stf

C6x 2/51 turns

Sold Secret Book (+1250G).

Cash remaining: 6175G.

Pretty easy, chose against using the rescue staff since it's probably saving 1 turn here vs 1 turn later. The only shaky part is Gordin's 70 true hit attack against the boss. My units continue to get blessed. Both crits were unnecessary, but I altered Rody's action to still get the much-needed weapon exp.

Marth       Lord            12.93 32  13   0  15  18  15  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Cavalier        15.56 33  17   4  15  16  12  13   1  E Swd B Lnc
Rody        Hunter          14.99 29  17   0  14  17  13   8   0  E Bow
Palla       Sniper        10/6.12 36  16   1  18  23   9  15   3  C Bow           1 Wing, 1 Shield
Gordin      Pirate          14.01 28  17   0   9  15   6   9   0  E Axe
Sirius      Swordmaster   xx/4.25 30  12   1  23  21   6  10   3  A Swd
Yumina      Cleric           6.31 16   0   5   2  10  11   3   5  C Stf
Malicia     Cleric           8.04 18   0   4   3   8  13   4   8  B Stf
Arran       Paladin       xx/5.37 27  10   1  13  12   4  10   6  D Swd B Lnc
Caesar      Mercenary        7.00 26   8   0  11  11   6   8   0  C Swd
Edited by Gradivus.

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed I miscounted how many units are remaining since I somehow thought 4 units wouldn't be enough for 4 people to have equally big teams. Assigned the remaining units in recruitment order.

C7 5/56 turns

No expenditures or sellings made.

Cash remaining: 6175G.

My 4-man royal airforce comes in handy, allowing me to collect all items. The trickiest part was probably getting the angelic robe. Without the crit on turn 1, I could still have gotten either the angelic robe or the master seal, because Palla must kill the hunter on turn 2 and the thief Arran + Navarre is aggressive so he needed to be killed directly. This only leaves the action of the danced unit, which is either Sirius finishing the MS!thief off or Palla OHKOing the Angelic Robe!Thief. The crit on turn 1 allows Navarre to take a potshot at the MS!Thief, letting Sirius finish off without the dance, which can thus go to Palla. Killing the Angelic Robe Thief on turn 3 wasn't an option because it exposes a unit to the heroes, which leads to certain death. Feena can't dance that unit out of range on turn 3 because she must dance Marth on turns 4 and 5 or he doesn't reach the gate in time. I don't know how important the Master Seal will be, but the Angelic Robe can help someone like Sirius or Palla massively, so I think getting them was worth it.

Marth       Lord            13.08 33  14   0  16  19  16  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      15.81 31  16   6  18  17  12  11   7  B Lnc
Rody        Hunter          15.29 30  17   0  14  17  13   9   0  E Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/6.70 32  17   1  15  21   9  18   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Gordin      Myrmidon        14.17 26  13   0  17  18   6   9   0  E Swd
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/4.96 28  15   1  17  15   6  14   3  A Lnc E Axe
Yumina      Cleric           8.06 17   0   5   3  11  12   3   5  C Stf
Malicia     Cleric           9.16 18   0   4   3   9  13   4   8  B Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/5.55 25  11   1  13  12   4  12   3  B Lnc E Axe
Caesar      Myrmidon         8.03 25   7   0  12  14   6   7   0  C Swd
Navarre     Myrmidon        11.01 24  10   0  18  19   9   9   0  C Swd
Feena       Dancer           1.85 16   2   0   2  13   8   5   0  E Swd

C8 3/59 turns

Bought 1x Silver Lance, sold Bullion (S) and Firestone (+4300G)

Cash remaining: 10475G.

Sirius trolled Navarre with that silver lance crit, I wanted to feed him the Paladin kill. Anyway, I start running into the deployment limits from this map on, considering I had to unfield Caesar, and also couldn't field Caeda for the recruitment, although I don't care about Roger anyway. My team isn't really in dire need for exp and I ended up killing pretty few of the promoted enemies (though it's no wonder given the turncount), but I managed to grab all the droppables and train Navarre a bit, which is nice. Gordin being drafted came in handy, since he could help a bit along the way before making Jeorge leave the gate.

Marth       Lord            13.40 33  14   0  16  19  16  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      16.15 32  16   6  19  18  12  11   7  B Lnc
Rody        Hunter          15.86 30  17   0  14  17  13   9   0  D Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/7.13 33  18   1  16  22  10  18   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Gordin      Cavalier        14.66 28  15   0  10  13   6  12   0  E Swd E Lnc
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/5.74 29  15   1  17  16   6  14   3  A Lnc E Axe
Yumina      Cleric           8.27 17   0   5   3  11  12   3   5  C Stf
Malicia     Cleric           9.46 18   0   4   3   9  13   4   8  B Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/5.74 25  11   1  13  12   4  12   3  B Lnc E Axe
Navarre     Myrmidon        12.08 25  10   0  19  20  10   9   0  C Swd
Feena       Dancer           2.36 16   3   0   3  14   9   5   0  E Swd
Caesar      Myrmidon         8.03 25   7   0  12  14   6   7   0  C Swd
Edited by Gradivus.

C9 6/65 turns

Bought 4x Door Key and Mend, sold Firestone, drill grounded Rody and Sirius (-2530G)

Cash remaining: 7945G.

Promoted Rody.

This one was sort of tricky, mainly because of the mages all aggroing at once, along with the Dracoknights and swarm bishops that cover the majority of the area, forcing me to dismantle the map somewhat slowly. Adding to this, Feena couldn't help the main party because she needed to dance Marth around, so he can get the treasure singlehandedly and visit the village afterwards.
Palla did most of the heavy work against the Dracoknights, doubling them with Scorpio thanks to her blessing and ORKOing with enough str shards and silver. I needed to promote Rody so he can bait the Dracoknight on turn 1, freeing Sirius' role up so he can kill a mage on turn 2 that would be very annoying otherwise.

Managed to buy Door Keys for the later chapters, along with mend staves, since the dragons in the upcoming chapters hit really hard and Malicia and Yumina have pretty poor magic. Didn't bother baiting Etzel to Marth since it's really complicated (might well cost turns with this team, in fact) and I don't really care about the stuff in his inventory.
Navarre looks pretty solid at this point, Caesar is mostly a filler and will hit the bench fairly soon to make room for others.

Marth       Lord            13.73 33  14   0  16  19  16  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      16.65 32  16   6  19  18  12  11   7  B Lnc
Rody        Warrior       16/2.25 42  22   0  14  19  13  13   0  D Axe D Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/7.13 33  18   1  16  22  10  18   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Gordin      Hunter          15.05 28  17   0  12  14   6   8   0  C Bow
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/6.84 30  16   1  18  17   6  14   3  A Lnc E Axe
Yumina      Cleric           9.66 18   0   5   3  12  12   4   5  B Stf
Malicia     Cleric          11.17 19   0   6   4  11  14   4   8  B Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/6.01 25  11   1  13  13   4  12   3  A Lnc E Axe
Navarre     Mercenary       14.05 29  13   0  20  20  11  10   0  C Swd
Feena       Dancer           3.38 16   4   0   3  15  10   5   0  E Swd
Caesar      Mercenary        8.13 27   8   0  11  12   6   8   0  C Swd

C10 2/67 turns

No expenditures or sellings made.

Cash remaining: 7945G.

Promoted Gordin and Navarre.

I had almost settled with a pretty standard clear in 3 turns, but then I noticed I barely had enough offense to pull off a 2-turn. Sirius and MU needed all the help they can get to OHKO the Shaver!Mages reliably. Derped weirdly at the end, I wanted MU to take the shards so an Iron Lance kill doesn't fail by 1 HP (didn't calculate the damage), but then I forgot to have her take the iron lance lol. I get a bullion (L) here, which will help my money needs throughout the dragons' valley. Decided against spending any more thief staff uses because I think I'll have enough Physics up to the secret shop, as long as I don't waste them, and the Unlock staff only helps very limitedly.
Elrean joins my team, he'll be my main magic user in the long run. I can probably train him fairly easily against the many wyverns in the upcoming chapters.
After the map, another drafted unit joins in Dice. He does have a decent str base, but his speed is rather lackluster. Since I have little experience at using iffy units in this mode, we'll have to see how he turns out, although I can say now that he'll probably compete with Darros for usage. He might be a... diceroll :]

Marth       Lord            13.93 33  14   0  16  19  16  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Peg Knight      16.95 32  16   6  19  18  12  11   7  B Lnc
Rody        Sniper        16/2.58 38  20   1  18  21  13  15   3  C Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/8.59 33  19   1  17  22  10  19   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Gordin      Sniper        15/1.08 34  18   1  16  17   6  12   3  B Bow
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/7.03 31  17   1  19  18   7  15   3  A Lnc E Axe
Yumina      Cleric          10.44 19   0   5   4  13  13   4   5  B Stf
Malicia     Cleric          11.47 19   0   5   3  11  14   4   9  B Stf
Arran       Dracoknight   xx/6.07 25  11   1  13  13   4  12   3  A Lnc E Axe
Navarre     Berserker     14/1.37 35  18   1  14  20  11  11   0  D Axe
Feena       Dancer           3.72 16   4   0   3  15  10   5   0  E Swd
Elrean      Mage            10.30 26   1   8   5  11   2   8   3  C Mgc
Dice        Fighter         12.00 32  15   0   7  11   6   8   0  C Axe
Edited by Gradivus.

C10x 2/69 turns

Drill Grounded R3ndom, sold Bullion (L) (+8930G)

Cash remaining: 16875G.

Used the L trick to detect the boss: place the cursor on a generic Legion, press L repeatedly and the first one of the top Legions the cursor lands on is the boss. Could have 1-turned, but I guess this let me get a bit more exp. I trained Elrean quite a bit here, he also got the arms scroll for some action in the next chapter, figured I might give it to him right now.
Got Horace here, I'm not sure how good he is. His speed is iffy and the rest of his bases aren't stellar, but he comes prepromoted with a decent str base to use lances with, mainly dragonpikes for now, so he's likely to see some use.

Marth       Lord            14.33 34  15   0  17  20  17  12   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
Rody        Horseman      16/2.69 34  19   1  16  20  13  14   3  C Swd D Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/8.75 33  19   1  17  22  10  19   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield
Navarre     Paladin       14/1.48 33  16   1  17  18  11  13   6  C Swd D Lnc
Elrean      Mage            12.69 28   1   8   5  12   2   9   4  B Mgc           1 Scroll
Sirius      Hero          xx/7.29 35  15   1  24  22   7  12   3  B Swd E Axe
MyUnit      Cavalier        17.30 35  17   4  16  18  13  13   1  E Swd B Lnc
Yumina      Cleric          10.44 19   0   5   4  13  13   4   5  B Stf
Malicia     Cleric          11.47 19   0   5   3  11  14   4   9  B Stf
Feena       Dancer           4.06 17   5   0   4  15  11   6   0  E Swd
Horace      General       xx/3.00 34  15   1  11  10   7  17   3  B Lnc D Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

Redid Chapter 1. Won't record videos since it takes too long and I can't be bothered to write detailed strats anymore either. 8/8 Turns

I did not forge an Iron Bow or buy a Speedwing for Ryan. I took an extra turn to save on these expenditures and also get more EXP, as not visiting on Turn 2 allows the Levin Sword Thief to spawn. Marth gets a few more kills because of going slower too. More vulneraries were needed, and as before, quite a bit of the strategy hinges on using Arran as a crit lure, which allows weaker units to stand in range of enemies that move afterwards (like Hunters), which enables enough offensive power to finish groups off safely.

Chapter 2 - 8/16 Turns

7 turn was possible but I took the 8 turn because it lets me rout the map via giving General!Arran enough time to get over to the left side of the map to distract a Draco for 2 turns whilst everyone teamed up on the 3 Dracos from the centre whilst Marth dealt with the one on the right. Rigged the right Dracoknight to roll down on speed and had Marth use a speedwing so he could double, resulting in a kill. A speedwing on Marth should be a good long term investment anyway. Warren and Cord proved useful, Cord in particular for reliably diverting the Draco to the right of the boss away from Marth (Warren set kills up for Cecille and helped to get the Lady Sword). MU hit B tomes so she can use Aura in C3. Who needs Linde anyway?

MU took the boss, Ryan and Marth got 1 Draco, Cecille got 2. Cecille is at 36 Lance WEXP (needs 46 to be at C as a Falco)

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL  HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP            BOOSTERS

Marth       Lord            09.73  29  11  00  12  14  12  10  00  D Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Mage            12.69  31  06  14  15  15  12  02  06  B Tme
Ryan        Hunter          10.23  27  15  00  14  13  07  07  00  C Bow
Cecille     Cavalier        10.55  25  11  02  14  15  10  08  00  D Swd D Lnc
Arran       General         03.60  32  11  01  10  08  04  17  03  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric          03.36  17  00  03  03  05  13  01  06  C Stf

Cord and Warren are at base with some EXP.

Edited by Irysa

Chapter 3 - 17/33 Turns

Recruited both Julian and Matthis. I think recruiting Bord is possible in 17 turns too (isn't that the min TC for CR LTC C3?), but it gimps Marth's exp and I don't give a shit about him since his Hammer is pretty much useless as Barst can't get to C axes for Chapter 8. I'll just buy one at the secret shop.

Basically, Palla flies as far away as possible from the Dracos near the mountain range, then MU Cecille (Lady Sword power!) and Pirate!Ryan (who all double Dracos, lol) trigger the first batch, whilst General!Arran heads towards the mountain ones. My 7th Platooners clean up the Dracos, Malicia healing them, whilst Arran, Marth and Warren team up to two of the second wave, MU killing the 3rd via Marth luring him over towards the start of the map. In the meantime, Palla killed the Thief and blocked the central fort tiles for 2 turns, then blocked the top left fort for 2 turns (using Vulnerary and Fort healing to stay alive), killing reinforcement cavs that did get through. Marth gets the Bridge Key and lets it down, Arran pulls the entire Cavalier swarm. Matthis must box himself into a tile where he can be surrounded by just two units or else his chip becomes a severe headache to deal with, as he is magnetically lured towards killing MU due to her squishy 2 defence, and she murders him back. I could use Malicia as an alternative lure, but Curate!Cord can't heal her back up enough with his crappy mag to keep her alive (and yeah, I'm training Cord as a staffbot, he's actually got stats about equal to Malicia and is nearly at D Staves thanks to Heal spam, lol).

Anyway regardless, if Matthis cooperates and attacks from a tile 2R of Arran, then he can be boxed in with Cavalier Gordin and Warren, and Warren's shitty defence making him a prefferable lure whist Malicia just keeps healing him. Ryan MU and Marth clear up the 3 remaining Cavs, then Arran and Cecille kill the Ballista. Palla has been luring the final reinforcement cav across the top of the map, then heads down towards the center. After a turn or so of healing up Arran for a the final Dracoknight pull, Arran pulls 2 Dracos from the sea, Palla EP fights the Master Seal Draco, and Ryan fights another. Cord hits the savepoint, I rig Palla a good levelup, then clear those Dracos up with Marth and Cecille. Marth kills the final reinforcement Cav, heads over to recruit Julian, then heads back and seizes on turn 17 whilst Malicia and Cord spam Heal and MU feeds the bosskill to Palla. Also Cecille bought a Steel Lance.

Marth       Lord            11.18 31  13  00  14  16  14  11  00  D Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Mage            13.77 31  06  15  16  15  12  02  06  B Tme
Palla       P.Knight        11.92 25  11  02  12  17  09  09  06  B Lnc
Ryan        Hunter          11.59 28  16  00  15  14  07  07  00  C Bow
Cecille     Cavalier        11.64 26  11  02  15  16  11  08  00  D Swd D Lnc
Arran       General         04.59 33  12  01  10  08  04  18  03  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric          06.08 19  00  04  03  07  14  03  07  C Stf
Cord        Curate          04.93 17  02  03  06  07  06  05  07  E Stf
Warren      Hunter          03.02 23  07  00  06  08  01  04  00  D Bow

Probably going to rig Palla another level then promote her in 3x, or at least promote her for Chapter 4.

EDIT:

Chapter 3x - 6/39 Turns

Deployed Marth, Palla, Ryan, Cecille, MU, Cord. Palla Javelin chipped a Knight at the start of T1 to get to level 12. Rigged a good levelup for her here, then just had the rest of my units break through, Ryan finishing off the Knight Palla weakened, MU ORKOing a Knight and Cecille getting an Archer. Marth can ORKO Knights with the Rapier, so I could deploy Cord for some more Staff WExp instead of Arran and save some Vulnerary uses. Opted for Cord instead of Malicia since him having Mend access for Chapter 4 should be useful I guess?

Palla promoted on Turn 2 then fought the Knight going after Wrys on Turn 3. Cecille and Ryan cleared the way for Marth, who ORKO'd the last Knight on the way to the Throne. Cecille has 38 Lance WExp.

Marth       Lord            11.48 31  13  00  14  16  14  11  00  D Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Mage            14.05 32  06  15  16  16  13  02  06  B Tme
Palla       D.Knight     12/01.25 30  16  01  13  18  10  15  03  B Lnc E Axe
Ryan        Hunter          11.89 28  16  00  15  14  07  07  00  C Bow
Cecille     Cavalier        12.02 27  11  02  16  17  12  08  00  D Swd D Lnc
Arran       General         04.59 33  12  01  10  08  04  18  03  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric          06.08 19  00  04  03  07  14  03  07  C Stf
Cord        Curate          05.95 18  02  04  06  08  06  05  07  D Stf
Warren      Hunter          03.02 23  07  00  06  08  01  04  00  D Bow
Edited by Irysa

I said I wasn't recording these anymore but I did because I'm dumb or something.

Chapter 4 - 7/46 Turns

In which Marth sacrifices two children and Caeda's most loyal retainer for a Book and a Crook. This is why I've traditionally been averse to drafts...

Gave Palla a Robe and a Draco. 2940G remaining (haven't sold spare weapons yet)

I used this strategy because I opted to get both Villages, which means the main clump of pirates doesn't even need to be cleared out till Turn 4. As such, I can save a Rescue Staff use on General!Palla (or Ogma after he recruits Sirius, but that strat probably isn't doable since I can't use Castor without penalty anyway) by instead deploying Draco!Palla who can make her way over there naturally, and build some Axe Rank in the process (hopefully hand-axes by midgame). Draco Palla isn't as durable but she can manage as long as her engagement with the Pirates is split up across two turns with a Vulnerary inbetween, and at least two pirates roll down on their strength. However to save Palla from the Hunters I sacced the children as distractions, and then sacced Ogma so I could feed Ryan another kill with a Sirius lure. Barst can be recruited by Cord in the next map so I don't need Ogma anymore.

Marth       Lord            12.08 32  14  00  14  17  15  11  00  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
MyUnit      Mage            14.34 32  06  15  16  16  13  02  06  B Tme
Palla       D.Knight     12/02.50 38  17  01  14  19  10  17  03  B Lnc E Axe     1 Robe, 1 Shield
Ryan        Hunter          12.34 29  16  00  16  15  08  08  00  B Bow
Cecille     Cavalier        12.77 27  11  02  16  17  12  08  00  D Swd D Lnc
Arran       General         04.69 33  12  01  10  08  04  18  03  B Lnc E Bow
Malicia     Cleric          06.98 19  00  04  03  07  14  03  07  C Stf
Cord        Curate          07.13 19  02  04  06  09  06  05  08  D Stf
Warren      Hunter          03.12 23  07  00  06  08  01  04  00  D Bow

Matthis is still at base. Cecille has 40 Lance WExp

Edited by Irysa

• 4 weeks later...

^Well to be fair, almost no draft types allow for meatshielding so outside of FE11 (can probably add a no meatshielding skip gaidens rule or something tbh) sacrafices are pretty rare.

C11 7/76 turns

Bought 3x Wyrmslayer and 3x Dragonpike, sold 154 Iron Sword, 89 Steel Sword, 35 Iron Lance and 21 Vulnerary, forged +5 Mt +5 Hit Dragonpike, drill grounded Elrean (-16742G)

Cash remaining: 132G

Promoted Yumina, used Def Bond on Yumina. Used Angelic Robe on Palla.

This chapter is effort. Still very fun though. Palla doubling the wyverns with Scorpio was a huge boon for softening them up efficiently. Excalibur!Elrean took some work off her shoulders, which was nifty because while she is very tanky, she was still 4HKOed by the dragons. Rody continues to build his bow rank while helping Marth and Navarre against the wyverns from the top-right part off the map. I fielded Navarre instead of Caeda for the treasure collecting and secret shop tasks because her 8 mov and inability to enter enemy range prevent her from reaching the objectives in time, even ignoring Jake, so the possible 1.6k extra gold from his weapons are moot.

Another demanding part of the map was the boss area. I could definitely have skipped through it by avoiding the enemies, killing the boss with the dragonpike forge and just having my fliers collect the remaining treasure on the last turn, but routing them nets a lot more exp, so I went for it. I could just barely pull it off thanks to Palla doubling the wyvern in the corner that aggroes along with the castle trap. It was relatively luck-based, with Sirius needing to hit 2 javelins against the wyvern that pursued him, Palla and Marth needing not to get crit, R3ndom and Horace needing to hit the barbarian at WTD, etc. The chance of success was roughly 30%.

Sirius javelin critting the swordmaster in the boss area ruined my plan to feed him to Elrean and I slightly regret taking that attempt because I don't want Sirius to keep getting super blessed and do want Elrean to get as much exp as possible. I still settled with it though. I made the mistake of thinking Yumina needs to be within a Barbarian's range on turn 6 and would need the def bond to survive, but it turns out she doesn't, so the def bond went to waste. Palla also got an angelic robe to facilitate her frontline work on the upcoming maps.

This map also drained my funds a lot. The dragonpike forge is very expensive on its own, but I still deemed the +5 hit worth going for because the extra cost is only around 600G. Come to think of it, forging +5 Mt might not have been the best idea, but I was erring on the side of caution since I don't know when exactly I want to OHKO a wyvern or when I need extra damage on a dragon I can't double. With the secret shop visit and the drill grounds, the total expense on the map was over 16k, even with a bunch of weapons getting sold. I'm still happy with how the map panned out, since I managed to spread the exp well and got all the treasure, some of which I'll probably end up selling, most obviously the Secret Book and Goddess Icon. R3ndom also finally got her ticket to awesomeness in the Elysian whip, along with a speed proc that puts her at the golden 22 spd as an FK.

Also, when drill grounding units like Elrean, strong tomes like Thoron help a lot in getting a 2-streak reliably and since you don't really need it later, you don't have to worry about using in the arena.

Marth       Lord            15.93 36  16   0  18  21  18  13   0  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
Rody        Sniper        16/3.23 39  21   1  18  22  13  15   3  C Bow
Palla       Dracoknight   10/9.52 41  19   1  18  22  11  19   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield, 1 Robe
Navarre     Dracoknight   14/1.48 32  18   1  17  18  11  15   3  D Lnc E Axe
Elrean      Mage            16.59 31   1  10   7  14   3  11   4  B Mgc           1 Scroll
Sirius      Dracoknight   xx/8.28 32  18   1  20  19   7  15   3  A Lnc E Axe
MyUnit      Peg Knight      18.00 34  17   6  20  20  14  11   7  B Lnc
Yumina      Sage          10/1.77 25   3   9   5  14  13   6   2  D Mgc B Stf
Malicia     Cleric          13.02 19   0   6   3  13  15   5   9  B Stf
Horace      Dracoknight   xx/4.49 26  16   1  14  14   7  12   3  B Lnc E Axe
Feena       Dancer           4.74 17   5   0   4  15  11   6   0  E Swd
Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

C12 7/83 turns

Sold 1 Secret Book and 1 Goddess Icon, drill grounded Horace twice (+920G)

Cash remaining: 1052G.

Used Spirit Dust on Elrean, promoted R3ndom with Elysian Whip.

R3ndom's promotion to falcoknight allows for a lot more flexibility thanks to the mov boost, as well as doubling against important enemies and a decent (if currently not too important) bonus to durability. I drill grounded Horace for Spd to avoid getting doubled by fire dragons, but it didn't really come in handy here. He might well have some use for it in the future though. Killer weapons are much like Thoron in the drill grounds, the crit (rather than the Mt) makes 2-streaks a lot easier to get, and they tend to be equally or less useful in practice.

As for the chapter, the wyverns in the opening are a major threat to deal with and should ideally be routed on turn 2 to advance quickly, which isn't easy because you need 25 Spd to double and it's hard to reach them with non-flier units. Much like in the chapter before, Javelins are very handy for chipping the enemies on EP so they're easier to handle on the next turn. Palla can do this the easiest due to her bulk, of course, so she did the most frontline work and helped the rest of my team avoid taking counters against the very strong fire dragons and allowed for KOes whenever my other units couldn't double.

The final turn was just one quick rush through the boss area after Elrean and Navarre finished their reinforcements because otherwise things get like, 11 ambush spawn juggernauts bad. I also just had Rody assassinate the dragon with the last starshard because I didn't have enough manpower to take on that dragon group.

Marth       Lord            16.81 38  17   0  18  22  19  14   1  C Swd           Growth Drop, 1 Wing
Rody        Horseman      16/5.20 35  20   1  17  23  14  14   3  C Swd C Bow
Palla       Dracoknight  10/10.67 42  19   1  19  22  11  19   3  A Lnc E Axe     1 Wing, 1 Shield, 1 Robe
Navarre     Hero          14/1.48 36  16   1  22  22  11  12   3  B Swd E Axe
Elrean      Mage            18.54 33   1  13   8  15   4  12   4  B Mgc           1 Scroll, 1 Dust
Sirius      Hero          xx/8.85 36  16   1  25  23   7  12   3  B Swd E Axe
MyUnit      Falcoknight   18/3.68 40  17   8  24  24  15  14  10  D Swd A Lnc
Yumina      Sage          10/2.57 25   3  10   5  14  13   6   3  D Mgc B Stf
Malicia     Cleric          14.56 20   0   6   4  14  15   6   9  A Stf
Horace      Dracoknight   xx/8.06 30  19   1  16  16   7  15   3  B Lnc E Axe
Darros      Berserker     xx/3.18 41  18   0  10  15   9  13   0  B Axe
Feena       Dancer           5.76 17   5   0   4  15  11   6   0  E Swd
Edited by Gradivus.