Coby's thread of portraits.

CobyTheGoober

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not too bad.

i dig the armor and the trim. and sticking to the original hair is a nice touch,

the bridge of his nose is like slanted to our right. and his far eye is really small compared to his close eye.

I'm pretty sure she already isn't wearing pants.

Her arms are pretty thick and stocky and her hands are kinda derp, but hands are a bitch. Her shoulders look too broad compared to her body, her back needs to be pushed back a bit and her arm needs to come in closer. The breastplate looks odd, I think the breasts are too high. I would make her stance a little more close-legged, like in her OA.

Does this seem better?

AoYivHG.png

And just for Smug: (2 lewd 4 serenes)

qqAQvLl.png

Her arms look a bit awkward. Are you hiding them so that you don't have to draw her hands? (I'm guilty of doing that with my drawings lol.) The arm on our right is especially weird, as it's not matching up with her armor.

@the portrait: Are you customing those eyes, or are you splicing them? Because I would recommend the latter. The eyes on your sprites always end up looking really...off, for lack of another word.

I hid the hands because of I'm full of garbage >_< And yeah.. I see it a well with the arm.

And the eyes are custom, but I can't really see what is off with them. Explain more?

I don't blame you. Hands are freaking hard to draw...I can only imagine spriting them.

portrait

vvCaBHm.png

the far eye looks like it's not matching the tilt of her head. The lines under the eyes are both too dark and too solid. If you look closely at the original sprites' eyes, and you'll see that the lines beneath them are lighter at the edges. Your lines make the eye look as if it's flat at the bottom.

The face's proportions are all out of whack, nose is definitely too long, mouth is a lil small, eyes don't look like they're in the right place. The gold part of the shoulder armor has weird bends and dips that don't make sense, straighten it out. His cape should really be under the pauldron.

I really think you should try splicing faces instead of customing them. You need to have a grasp on what looks good and what doesn't.

You cannot use Kent's original hair with his head at that angle. That's why he has a massive wad of hair sticking off the front. The eyes are still small, not in the right place, and just not the right shape. Try studying vanilla sprites more.

I really think you should try splicing faces instead of customing them. You need to have a grasp on what looks good and what doesn't.

Alot of this was just experimentation and need for critique, so I'm probably gonna start splicing on faces for later works till I get better.

BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'LL NOT POST SPRITES WITH SHITTY CUSTOM FACES IN THE FUTURE, YAHAHAHAHAH

Edited by CobyTheKid