Trinity Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what the point of trinities is. "Don't setupspec" says SB, before he immediately makes a setup that's just begging to be setupspecced. Well, screw you too. I'm in the same trinity as Roxas and Izhuark, and we're all Insomniacs.

Ima be honest. I really don't like this. Even if it's true it seems like he's doing it for the sake of doing it, as if he wasn't gonna do it before but his buddies are now so he does. Which i kind of understand but it seems weird on the wording imo.

Probably just gut but I don't like it.

I didn't like his vote on BBM over his response to Izuhark,

It was RvS and the only thing I actually thought was strange. What did you expect?

and I also thought it was weird how he told me to make an RVS vote on Mancer after I'd just made a serious vote on Archer. (And somehow forgot about it because I was busy the following day, ugh.)

That was me being stupid and not reading the comment with your main read.

Dismissing eclipse's case as pointless because it confused him instead of trying to get a clarification seems kind of scummy as well.

I didn't dismiss it as pointless, I asked for a clar(inet)ification.

Also, using BBM's statement against eclipse to support almost the entirety of his own case is ;/

This is a pretty good point, but I said that his comment about eclipse was going to be what I planned on typing about eclipse, so I just decided to take the lazy way out and use his case instead of rewriting it.

Will post more, I'm on page 6 right now and need to go to page 7 to quote stuff

After thinking about it some more, my issues with Clarinets are more because his play is bothering me over him being scummy (also the way I called your reaction to Roxas forced is probably unfair of me so sorry about that; those were my thoughts as I was reading it but it's like impossible to defend against and there's not really any scum intent there so it was stupid of me to bring that up).

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

SUCH SWAP MUCH WOW. SUCH WAFFLE.

STUFF
lol@Flakier
##Unvote: Rapier/Lord Gaius
Izhuark hasn't answered BBM's question yet in spite of visiting multiple times which is odd. I was hoping for at least an elaboration even if it's just shrugging BBM off and saying he's busy or something. Not enough to warrant a vote but it'd be nice for him to pop in again, maybe even contribute, since he initially seemed eager to play. whar r u?
Clarinets... I'm not so sure he's fishing for information as much as he's filling up his posts with trinity speculation and I agree with Refa that some of his reactions seem forced (not so much versus Roxas though - #67 sticks out to me since #61 should have been enough to explain why the logic behind suspecting Mancer was silly, it was superfluous). My impression of Mancer's misvote are essentially the same, but because of it I'm getting slight 'scum-trying-to-be-active-and-look-helpful' vibes from his content so far. I don't like it, I'm not sure how well he can defend against it, but it's the best I've got so far.
Archer/Roxas immediately forking over Trinity intel pinged as town to me (#48) and sadly his unwillingness to stick around because he's getting RVS heat does, too.
I think that's all my surface thoughts for now. Sorry I got busy.
##Vote: Clarinets

What's your actual thoughts on Refa as of the moment?

I'm confused on what eclipse's case is supposed to mean. The trinity I'm in has nothing to do with whether I'm Town or Mafia. I think it's more likely Town making a pretty bad case as opposed to scum, though.

Also, I wanted to hear her elaboration of her case before I made any decisions on whether she was Town or Mafia. I don't want to waste time with a pointless case.

I assume you mean when I repeated my Town!Mancer case because everyone seemingly ignored it? I'm not sure but I believe this is the correct post.

About Archer, I agree that he seems Town, especially when he mentioned that if his lynching benefited the Town they should lynch him (although that doesn't really make sense for him to say, he wasn't thinking about the fact that he could be subbed out at the time)

Right now, I'm passively suspicious of Archer. I do think he seems Town, but the points used to make him look Town also make him seem like Mafia losing hope for survival. Looking at each side of that argument though, I'd say he's Null leaning Town since the Town argument makes more sense than the Mafia argument.

I'm going to go reread to see what else I can find, as that can NOT be all there is

Bolded parts: Wat? Is sitting on the fence comfortable?

Kinda irritated with Refa claiming for his entire group (NOTE TO THE OTHER MEMBERS OF MY TRINITY, DO NOT DO THIS). Do want answers from BBM, and for like half the game to exist. If I didn't mention you, I'm filing your stuff away for later.

As I'm being bombarded with idiotic mod things, I'm gonna have to leave my vote where it is. I really want to see three reeds vibrate!

Apparently I actually missed what Refa did. The fuq.

Bolded parts: Wat? Is sitting on the fence comfortable?

Wow, I wrote that badly.

So there is some evidence to support that he's Mafia, but I feel like his general attitude especially in his later posts makes him seem like Town rather than Mafia. So I think he is Null leaning Town.

Okay so overall. I'm iffy on clarinet, leaning more scum on them at the moment. Their waffle nature and what not is pinging me slightly.

I definitely don't like Refa at the moment. Outting his trinity seems bad pointless and I question it. From scum perspective it would just be plain stupid as he SHOULD have no reason to do that, however the same can be said for him as town. I don't like it and I feel like ignoring it is something we shouldn't do.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Crysta at the moment but I feel part of that is gut based.

To be honest today doesn't seem to fruitful for me overall. Most of my scum reads are forced for the most part at best. Would consolidate on Clarinets if needed but honestly I'd prefer a Refa lynch and I wouldn't be against a no lynch to be frank.

##Vote: Refa

Will still be around, just playing video games.

@Crysta and TG What do yall think of Mancer right now?

Personally, I don't agree with his logic on Roxas, more specifically the overreacting part. He does however bring up a good point that Clarinets shouldn't just pass by anyone's questions and ignore them, almost like he's trying to avoid saying something that might screw him over. I also feel that he honestly didn't know that Roxas = Archer of Gold. He seems pretty town to me.

I haven't had a proper meal in over 24 hours, whee.

Anyway, this is what I was going to say.

##Vote: eclipse

You're still hiding part of your reason for voting me, and until we learn your reason for hiding it I will have to view it as suspicious.

'k. Go ahead and view me as suspicious for hiding it. Who else is scum?

The "yet" was in reference to my stance on Mancer.

BBM starts the game with a lot of questions like this without doing much with them. Something to take note of if it doesn't change.

That's nice, is he scum because of it?

How should Mancer have reacted? I mean, it was unknown to him that there were other votes besides him on the wagon due to the Roxas/Archer of Gold mixup.

Respond to the vote itself, not speculate that it's a host error/persuader.

As for why I'm being as cryptic as I am. . .part of it is my own setup spec, which isn't enough to push a lynch. The other part is because I asked SB about the trinities before the game started, and he told me that mafia may exist in a trinity. Given all the info I have in my role PM, something doesn't add up. Unfortunately, WHAT doesn't add up would force me to reveal a lot of things, none of which are appropriate at this time.

Also I don't really think mancer should have much of a reaction from just archer voting him. Kind of like BBM said, not sure what people are expecting.

Not blaming the host/setup, for one.

---

After all the new posts the only significant read I have is "do not lynch" on Shinori.

I see a lot of people without scum reads, including the reeds I'm voting for. Let's pretend that someone dayvigs me out of nowhere, and I flip town. Who ELSE is scum?

(this goes for Tiny Goddess/Omega as well)

Shinori, I don't understand, if you can't even ascribe scum intent to Refa's claiming his trinity why is he scummy for it? It feels like you're voting for him because he did something you didn't like as opposed to something that was actually scummy.

I found it odd that Eclipse would vote Mancer in RVS if she he had some role-related reason to also think he was town, or at least hold off on voting him.

Clarinets makes my head hurt. Clarinets, you said you would read the thread again but your entire Eclipse case is just a minor suspicion I brought up. Listposts are normally lame but I want to see opinions from you on more people. Right now I just know Roxas and Eclipse? I'm frustrated because my gut is that you're town but your activity and effort has dropped off a lot from the beginning.

I'll make a post or two in the morning but I won't be here for phase end. Clarinets and maybe Mancer and Roxas should claim I guess?

btw is Roxas a guy or a girl?

i may say fuck it and hop the clarinets wagon solely for connections. im unconvinced hes scum cuz he can just as easily b noobtown who has trouble explaining himself. i see a lot of criticism regarding consistency but little consideration being put into him being out of his element. dudes a crapshoot

and crysta actually bothers me too. nothing she said was "wrong" but...ugh. if i was scum in her position thats exactly the type of post i would make cuz its just enough to justify a wagonhop regardless if clarinets is scum or not. if there was an example of how to perfectly frame a post without creating waves thatd b a contender. its like she swooped in dropped a vote with fair logic then bounced with little else and no one questioned it besides shinori

im also confused by borons continued vote of roxas. i dunno why he thinks roxas saltiness as a ploy is a probability as opposed to a possibility

this game is bizarre. these trinity roles have made people lose their minds and a lot of people are playing like scum or saying weird shit. ill b here briefly tomorrow. some1 talk to me

##vote crysta

To you, it may not mean much.

To me, it's a monkey wrench in my theory. Or perhaps a clue as to certain roles in the game. But I won't be able to tell until I have a couple of other flips at my disposal.

I don't really get what's wrong with Crysta? There was significantly less stuff to comment on at the time she made the vote. She should have posted more after that but she's hardly the only flaker.

@Clarinets: I read your post, I can't quote it because it's in a quote. Please respond outside the quotes next time so the person can quote your reply. Noted about the first two replies. On your third point, what kind of clarification are you looking for? On the fourth point, being lazy means that you "duck out" of responsibility by letting someone else state your case. Can you state your case on eclipse in your own words?

@Yolo: I'm not voting Archer anymore.

I'll be posting again soon. Just got home from work but I wanna enjoy my dinner first.

I should be more active tomorrow and the following two days since I'm off/have short shifts.

ok posting miniature wall

I was hoping Mancer would have said more by now since I was waiting to see where he went with his case (rather, if he'd drop it or if his read would evolve), but Clarinets has since replied and he's literally offered nothing else so far. It initially read like a weak right-out-of-rvs case with a side of failed reading comprehension (namely the sidestepping part made me ???) to me instead of deliberate scum intent, but if he offers nothing else before phase end I wouldn't mourn his lynch.

I'm wary of eclipse's setup theories since the host pretty much told us trying to work against the setup would end badly, but I don't see Scum!Eclipse insisting on keeping her reasons to herself; it isn't a very convincing argument to ease suspicion. The wariness stems more because I suspect there's a good likelihood she might be wrong but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Nothing about BBM has bothered me so far. BBM was a lot of questions and little content in the beginning, but there was little content to go off of in the first place... and that did change. I have a good idea of where he's coming from.

Refa exposing his Trinity and it's powers does not really give scum that much more information, especially if scum is in said Trinity (cuz, you know, they'd already know). And them knowing it now... I don't see it affecting much? It didn't freak me out and I don't think it should freak others out, either. I'm not getting scum vibes from him.

TG's post sort of sheeped eclipse's case on Clarinets fishing for Trinity info and pointed out that he didn't really have a top scum read. It's not that great, imo; I feel it was an easy post and lacked much analysis on anyone else. The follow-up was better but it was solely answering the asked question. She's here now, at least, I guess?

Shinori's content is so far mostly snarky one-liners and getting mad at Refa for the Trinity claim. Don't get the latter and the former hasn't been particularly enlightening. I'd file him under the 'not scumreading yet but not impressed' category along with TG.

Don't really mind Yolo's assessment though that's the first time I got voted for making a halfway decent newly-out-of RVS post; haven't really given anything else for him to work with until now. Does what I posted/have posted bother you more than what the other latecomers have said (TG and Shinori)?

Now, uh, Clarinets... it seems you only got a scum read you were willing to pursue once Eclipse posted her reasons for keeping her vote on you. Do you find genuine scum intent behind it or is it just something you find more suspicious like with Roxas? IMO you ought to be participating in the scum hunt as well as reacting. One of my bad scruples I got from your initial posts were that you were trying to appear active and helpful but making little effort to actually be so. It requires /effort but it'd be helpful.

In reply to your question to me: yes, this was the post I was referring to, but a bad reaction can come from either alignment - I'm more bothered by the lack of actual participation.

subbed in as mod votals

(5) Clarinets: eclipse, MancerNecro, Crysta, Tiny Goddess, Boron

(2) Mancer: BBM, Refa

(1) Roxas: Tiny Goddess

(1) eclipse: Clarinets

(1) Omega: Lord Gaius

(1) Refa: Shinori

(1) Crysta: Omega

(1) Not Voting: Izuhark

timer

if this is wrong for whatever reason, let me know

I might not be very active for the next few days cause I'm down with a pretty bad fever since this morning. Will try to post a bit and be around if I feel better, sorry...

I might not be very active for the next few days cause I'm down with a pretty bad fever since this morning. Will try to post a bit and be around if I feel better, sorry...

Get well soon.

Since this might be the final post of the phase, here's my two cents:

- Clarinets has yet to say who is scum besides me, and why. Suck for associative reads from Clarinets to other people, but reeds going TO Clarinets are fine. Wouldn't mind this lynch because we're running short on time.

- Crysta, who is scum? You have a lot of not-scum reads. While I don't have a huge problem with your content so far, the lack of scum reads is a teensy bit unsettling. Probably wouldn't lynch you today, though.

- Mancer needs chicken soup, and even if his content is barely there, I'm willing to give him until D2 to say something more significant.

- Boron needs to comment on the more recent happenings, but otherwise don't have a problem with her.

- Tiny Goddess' ISO is broken. On reread, she needs to comment on moar people. Wouldn't support this short of a last-minute turbo or something equally inane.

- Omega's logic. . .dunno why, but this logic is pinging me as town.

- Roxas needs to come back. Or be shot by a vig. Or something that'll help to advance the game (a lynch on this slot is a waste of a day phase, but if there's no other options by the end of the day, it'll do)

- Izhuark REALLY needs to come back. On reread, his opening post is bad, but not "LYNCH IMMEDIATELY" bad. If what Refa said is true, he can fill out his reads during the night phase.

- Not interested in lynching BBM/Refa/Shinori/Gaius, though the last one has something that needs to be answered.

The tl;dr is that there's several people who need more content, and it's sort-of screwing with the rest of the game.

If we remove Clarinets and Mancer from the equation I'd probably poke at Shinori/TG more. There's not enough there for me to get a full-fledged scum read on either of them but what they have provided so far has been subpar imo and something I'd look into at D2. Not sure if less than twelve hours is enough to get much out of them right now.

You?

I have work all day tomorrow, so unless I wake up early there's a good chance that I'm not going to be able to post anytime soon.

@eclipse: I'll comment on the recent happens as soon as I can, even if it has to be at the beginning of D2. Right now, I'm having comprehension troubles and there's something else that wants my attention a bit more than the game.