FE8 : Master Version

BrightVega

the bug is happening in the Erika road, and it appears when enemies appear and Amelia.

Is what you could add remastered music, that would be cool.

Ourangastad the guy who makes music wants to put in Fire Emblem 8, suddenly it would be interesting.

and I just find skins or Joshua hat when murderer and swordman. Edited by Integrity

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bug is happening in the Erika road, and it appears when enemies appear and Amelia.

Ok I went and re-checked that section both in game and in the file

and there was no problem at all:

BKgSd1W.png

As you see Amelia and the whole team appears as intended.

- Are you using "VisualBoyAdvance" as emulator?

Another player had a problem with "VisualBoyAdvance". I suggest using "No$GBA".

Ok I went and re-checked that section both in game and in the file
and there was no problem at all:

BKgSd1W.png

As you see Amelia and the whole team appears as intended.

- Are you using "VisualBoyAdvance" as emulator?
Another player had a problem with "VisualBoyAdvance". I suggest using "No$GBA".
Just a question what is the VBA you use because the bug is always here, i use VBA express in linux (ubuntu).
Ps : It will be good to add those exented music to your hack ;)
Have you finished your hack ?

Here the link, if you are interested, it will be very good :

Edited by Balcerzak

The remastered music can't be added in (to the best of my knowledge) due to how the GBA sound system works. The GBA sound system uses MIDI files and plays them for an instrument (trumpet in the case of FE). Think of it like one of those automated piano scripts for an instrument. If you try to do it with multiple instruments, the thing screws up and doesn't sound that great.

In short, NO, remastered music is not a possibility.

Maybe if someone tried to remake FE8 in FEXNA, it could work.

Use the forests and hills in the south and the wyvern Hit% drops to 5~15%. With true hit that's 0.1~8% in reality.

For a hit+Pierce to occured, it would take a (8% x 20%= 0.016%) chance to happen.

Well I guess my units are underpowered in the luck department, as well as I lol cuz I gotten pierce-killed on two separate occasions

And why shouldn't someone be able to do that?

AFAIK, i haven't seen anything like that in a FE game. This "abuse" is the "hidden trick" of the hack.

Otherwise, Gleipnir would still be the weakest holy regalia of the game due to class and weight limitations.

Every game has some sort of a secret "i win" way for the player to use.

Oh, I stated this only to help people having trouble with the western region, just my strategy for this chapter... I actually have no problem with Gleipner... though I would like to feel like I have a true reason not to do it...(rare drops, or a need for exp) like the "illusion of option" or control of destiny,etc or W/E....

As a matter of fact, That's basically all my negative criticism of the hack in a nutshell tbh... The fact that the game discourages deviance from an optimal way to play. FE8 attempted to apply that illusion of choice but didn't really fully commit (multi promotes, Variable caps, Split routes/commanders)... I was hoping you'd take it to the next level, as opposed to just re-balancing to make the game more challenging when playing "optimally."

Just a question what is the VBA you use because the bug is always here, i use VBA express in linux (ubuntu).

Ps : It will be good to add those exented music to your hack ;)

Have you finished your hack ?

The emulator is called "No$GBA". I'm not sure if No$GBA runs on Linux :/

Like RandomSwordmaster said, it's impossible to add orchestrated music on GBA games.

There's a way to add MIDI music with more than 16 channels, but not anything that anything advanced.

Yeah, i think I'm done with the hack. I don't have time right now for anything

and to be honest, I'd prefer to work on something else/new.

@GiGi

My main reason for the making this hack was to create a game where bored players could time sink into grinding and looting.

It seems i should have also made an "easy" type version where the end-game was much easier (lower stats, worse weapons etc etc)

• 3 months later...

Holy...... This game is even harder than the original one. But I really love it, because... what can I say: the battle of critical hit!
To be honest, there are some chapter that the boss made a critical hit, and my character stroke back by a critical hit too!
Oh man, that made my heart beats so fast (due to boss made a critical hit that reduced HP so much!)
Love it :3

This is the deadly battle of critical hit! Please forgive me that I used some kind of tools to hack.
Master Version latest version
Advanced difficulty
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c07rpxi779ay9k/The_deadly_battle_of_critical_hit!.avi

MODEDIT: yo don't double OR necropost

Edited by Integrity

• 2 months later...

I just finished the Game, And I LOVED what you did with endgame, It was really hard, and I had all level 20 units with all having at least one capped stat most having 3 or 4, Amelia capped all her stats at like level 14. My Seth was terrible be endgame then again My Jagens have a habit of being screwed come endgame. I still have no Clue what Shadowgifts or Star Seals do, but I kept the units that had them with them.

Also a Tip to Anybody playing this Use Myrrh She was amazing endgame, and since you can buy dragonstones she won't run out of usefulness.

Another Tip Amelia is probably better as a General than a Paladin, I had her as a Paladin, and despite her being fully capped she wasn't great.

Also Level Colm, and Go Rouge, Colm with a Light Brand and Brave Sword basic one rounded almost any enemy I came across

Also Get one of your Valkyrie an S rank in Light so they can weild Ivaldi, because Artur is the worst possible Ivaldi user, if he's a bishop that is.

Also Lute as a Mage Knight is AMAZING, they get access to dark Tomes in this hack, so She can use Luna.

Also if anyone wants to know my endgame team it was: Eirika(Great Lord), Ephriam(Great Lord), Vanessa(Falcon Knight,Vidofnir), Lute (Mage Knight,Excalibur), Joshua (Swordmaster,Audhulma), Artur (Bishop, Ivaldi), Knoll (Druid, Glepnir), Colm(Rouge), Gilliam(General), Ross (Berserker,Garm), Cormag(Wyvern Lord), Ewan(Summoner), Gerik(Hero), Saleh(Sage), Gerik(Hero), Neimi(Ranger), Tana(Falcon Knight), Franz(Paladin), Amelia(Paladin), Myrrh(Manakete), Forde(Paladin), Innes(Sniper), Kyle(Great Knight), L'Arachel (Valkyrie,Latona)

I think I'm going to play this hack again and maybe put my units in different classes, like Franz as a Great Knight.

As just a final thing to ask, What do The Star Seals, and Shadowgifts Do, the info tab doesn't really say what they do.

• 1 month later...

I have to say something about chapter 15... ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE PUT A SHIT TON OF WYVERN KNIGHTS AND LORDS IN A GIANT PULP WITH SILVER LANCES AND SILVER SWORDS PALADIN REINFORCEMENTS HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS SHIT WHEN EVERYONE GETS 2 SHOTTED BY A WYVERN TELL ME !!!

post-26876-0-66761900-1477219438_thumb.png

I have to say something about chapter 15... ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE PUT A SHIT TON OF WYVERN KNIGHTS AND LORDS IN A GIANT PULP WITH SILVER LANCES AND SILVER SWORDS PALADIN REINFORCEMENTS HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS SHIT WHEN EVERYONE GETS 2 SHOTTED BY A WYVERN TELL ME !!!

I had to take them all out round one, then again that was Ephriam's route, I'm not sure which one your playing, If you think that's hard wait until endgame. Remember there's always tower of Valni if you want it to be a bit easier. Also I suggest DragonSpear on Tana or Vannessa to deal with the Wyverns also.