FE8 : Master Version

BrightVega

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to take them all out round one, then again that was Ephriam's route, I'm not sure which one your playing, If you think that's hard wait until endgame. Remember there's always tower of Valni if you want it to be a bit easier. Also I suggest DragonSpear on Tana or Vannessa to deal with the Wyverns also.

whelp Tana kinda died...

Two words: Dragonspear Cormag. That's what I did.

Also, I have just beaten the game, and it was a pretty fun (and hard) experience.

Units I used: Eirika, Ephraim, Myrrh, Natasha (Valkyrie), Artur (Bishop), Cormag (Wyvern Lord), Lute (Sage), Marisa (Swordmaster), Kyle (Great Knight), Ewan (Druid), Gilliam (General), Tethys, Franz (Paladin), Garcia (Warrior), Tana (Wyvern Knight), Amelia (Paladin), Knoll (Summoner), L'Arachel (Mage Knight), Gerik (Hero), Joshua (Swordmaster), Ross (Berserker), Neimi (Ranger), Colm (Assassin), Rennac (for stealing only)

The game starts being so hard in the end-game that I had to use Warp shenanigans for the final chapter to kill Lyon in one turn (it's possible) and get one of the two chests (RIP Body Ring). I really didn't want to deal with the other strong guys there (mini-spoiler I suppose)

Though, it's pretty stupid that starting from chapter 15, all enemies are equipped with the best equipment they can get. ALL OF THEM. And starting from chapter 17, all of them have reaver weapons. ALL OF THEM. GEEEEEEZ.

Also, the trainees are too fucking strong in this game. 10/10 would buff their growths even further.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, i'm playing chapter 9 in Erika's route and a bug happens the moment Amelia would normally appear, the game enters a lil' loop and stops progressing. Have tried playing the chapter in both VBA and N$gba with the same result. What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

post-27517-0-09111700-1478787922_thumb.png

Edited by StonedApple

Currently preparing for the final chapter, any tips?(Ephraim hard)

Buy a lot of statboosters for the people who need it (especially Speedwings, Dragonshield and Talisman), train units who need it until you have 24 units prepped for combat (unless you wanna bring less than 24), level 15 promoted suffices. Train weapon ranks until C or B minimum (so you can use Killer and Silver stuff), max supports if you didn't do it yet, and buy and prepare a lot of staves (Hammerne, Warp, Berserk, Silence, Physic, those help)

That should do it. The final chapter it's indeed very hard so you may need to use savestates.

I've already used them and i have restarted the chapter 6+ times, the problem is that she doesn't even appear.

If you can't recruit her there you should be able to recruit her a few chapters later in Hamil Canyon, so long as you didn't kill her in the chapter she initially appears in.

So, how do you kill lyon on turn 1?

Make sure Ephraim has capped Speed (capped Strength and Skill also helps). Equip him this:

- Siegmund

- Star Seal

- Star Seal

- Hoplon Guard

This way, Ephraim will have 32 Speed (enough to double Lyon) and with the Hoplon Guard he avoids crits.

The next step is to do a warp-chain: Warp Ephraim and a support buddy that gives him crit bonus (A Support with Eirika works) up to Lyon. Ephraim will have around 30% crit. If you get lucky and get at least 1 crit, Lyon will have like 10 HP remaining. Then you can use his/her support buddy to finish Lyon or warp another dude, I used Knoll for that (Gleipnir shenanigans)

To do all of this you need at least 3 people (or 2 people and Tethys) who can use Warp staves with a very good Magic stat (24+)

And all of this because I was lazy to play the chapter normally.

Nuf said.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This hack has been amazing, the only problem I have is that I cannot beat level 20. I have most of my units up to level 20 as well, just at the end of the first turn someone dies. Is there a trick to beating it?

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I know that some people already have asked how to get passed the bug which happens when Amelia appears on Eirika's chapter 9. But I am too clueless on how to deal with it myself, so if anybody would answer I'd be grateful.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a Good Rom Hack, but towards the end, it's only beatable with RNG Abuse and using stat boosting items to cap every unit. I spent hours attempting Chapter 20 before deciding fuck it and Warp skipping it. Quite a shame, too, because 18 and 19 were easy enough to beat. Also, the Demon king is INSANE stat wise. He needs to be nerfed if you come back and work on this. 

On 1/20/2018 at 8:45 PM, scp omerta said:

How did you do the stat boost item without equipping it? 

I believe Venno made a patch for it. Check FEU for "Passive Stat Boosts"

If it wasn't Venno, it was Tequila

16 hours ago, Attila said:

It's a Good Rom Hack, but towards the end, it's only beatable with RNG Abuse and using stat boosting items to cap every unit. I spent hours attempting Chapter 20 before deciding fuck it and Warp skipping it. Quite a shame, too, because 18 and 19 were easy enough to beat. Also, the Demon king is INSANE stat wise. He needs to be nerfed if you come back and work on this. 

I believe Venno made a patch for it. Check FEU for "Passive Stat Boosts"

If it wasn't Venno, it was Tequila

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Looking back at this hack... it's a trainwreck, even for a 1st attempt.

So badly made that I even lost the various notes and can't even touch it again.

At lest the EXP I got from it as well as the feedback was well worth it.

Might as well remove it from here and have the topic closed.

Instead go play this hack:

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-fire-emblem-the-sacred-war-complete/4867

It's way way more polished and improved.

I ask an admin to close this topic for good.

Edited by Vega

9 hours ago, Vega said:

Looking back at this hack... it's a trainwreck, even for a 1st attempt.

So badly made that I even lost the various notes and can't even touch it again.

At lest the EXP I got from it as well as the feedback was well worth it.

Might as well remove it from here and have the topic closed.

Instead go play this hack:

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-fire-emblem-the-sacred-war-complete/4867

It's way way more polished and improved.

I ask an admin to close this topic for good.

i actually really enjoyed this hack except for chapter 20 dont be so hard on yourself i loved it

5 hours ago, Renais said:

i actually really enjoyed this hack except for chapter 20 dont be so hard on yourself i loved it

this hack reminds me of FFT 1.3: Lots of good ideas and well implemented, but the hack drops the ball REALLY HARD when endgame occurs since you need to actively grind/stat boost your team since averages doesn't cut it when most of the enemies are equal or more powerful than you without the effort and RNG bless/screw that comes to the player