FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

Figured I might as well make a dedicated thread to this playthrough if I am going to continue:

[spoiler=Turncounts]Chapter 1-P (4 turns)

Chapter 1-1 (3 turns)

Chapter 1-2 (3 turns)

Chapter 1-3 (3 turns)

Chapter 1-4 (2 turns)

Chapter 1-5 (6 turns)

Chapter 1-6-1 (2 turns)

Chapter 1-6-2 (2 turns)

Chapter 1-7 (4 turns)

Chapter 1-8 (2 turns)

Chapter 1-9 (3 turns)

Here is the prologue video:

I should note that I redid the end of the prologue to get Micaiah an HP proc to help her survive the next chapter. Chapter 1-1 has been recorded, and will be available as soon as YouTube processes it (probably a couple of hours since I figured out how to record in HD).

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 turns. Also an improvement over the current record, I utilize shoving on the first turn to get Micaiah a couple of spaces forward so she can reach the exit more quickly.

While this strategy seems significantly more reliable than the previous one (only requires one Micaiah dodge, one Nolan dodge, and one Edward crit), the probability of success is nearly as bad due to the fact that we need quite a few enemy procs to go our way. In particular:

[spoiler=Enemy Stats]Javelin Spearman - 8 Def, 3 Res

Hand Axe Bandit - 25 HP, 6 Def

Westmost Bandit - 24 HP (or extra Edward dodge required)

Furthermore, we also need the following procs from levels in the last chapter:

[spoiler=Required Stats]Edward - 8 Str (or extra dodge)
Micaiah - 8 Mag, 16 HP (or 3 Def or East Bandit/Spearman spawns with less Str or extra dodge)

I'll try and keep a "required stats" section for each chapter so you know what benchmarks are required in case you are interested in following/improving this run.

Chapter 1-2 completed in 4 turns. Unlike the last couple of levels, this one has a perfectly reliable strategy; no need for suspend state abuse, and I didn't have to reset once!

EDIT: looks like the audio syncing is slightly off, but I'm too lazy to fix it...

Edited by ruadath

When you're not sure if you're jealous or mirin'. I really got to step it up. .u. One thing I'm not doing, though, the 1-9 4-turn UNLESS my Micaiah does happen to reach 14 Spd/20 HP (the former, much less likely). I'm not rigging for that. Doesn't help that I also need to feed her kills and stuff. Also, transferless 2-1 killed my motivation. You can apparently 2-3 turn it with a transfer Nephenee but I take the 7-8 turn otherwise.

EDIT: Like how you're adding that little note section of requirements for certain chapters.

Edited by Soul o:

While this strategy seems significantly more reliable than the previous one (only requires one Micaiah dodge, one Nolan dodge, and one Edward crit), the probability of success is nearly as bad due to the fact that we need quite a few enemy procs to go our way. In particular:

a 4-turn strategy for 1-1 is very reliable, even on 0% growths. in 0% growths the only requisite is that the iron lance soldier round down str.

also hold A on enemy phases, goddamn

you manage to find the time to fill up 80% of your threads with your own posts yet you don't have the time to find a clear data save to skip map animations or learn to hold A during enemy phase to prevent the cursor from coming up every time an enemy attacks

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, this is a pain to do on console (especially transferless). I think a 2-3 turn with transferless Nephenee/Brom may be possible with extreme rigging. You do the normal thing with Nephenee attacking (critting?) the knight, though she won't kill him. Brom can do something on the first turn, probably pointless though. General will die on the enemy phase; if Brom can one-shot the mage that would probably work for a 2 turn. If not, Nephenee does so and Brom attacks something else, maybe the archer? If I rig a bunch of misses (disable auto-end turns) it could be possible to do 3 turns.

EDIT: I clearly don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm still optimistic for a 2-3 turn.

In other news, I think that a 3 turn clear of Chapter 1-3 is officially impossible. The best I can seem to do is to push Micaiah down the eastern route with Ilyana and Nolan on turn 1, then have (same turn) Edward rescue her and Sothe take her from below. Laura and Leonardo show Ilyana forward so she can take out an archer/ aggro the other one away from the door. On turn 2, Nolan breaks the door (Hand Axe), then Edward and Leo show Sothe forward and he runs through the grass to drop Micaiah exactly in seizing range. Assuming she survives/crit-kills everything that attacks (I don't know how many this is). I'm left with only Sothe and Micaiah near the finish on turn 3. If the knight moved to attack Micaiah as well, things would be fine since Sothe can crit-kill the archer, but I don't think he does, so it doesn't seem possible. Unless I'm wrong?

Edited by ruadath

also hold A on enemy phases, goddamn

you manage to find the time to fill up 80% of your threads with your own posts yet you don't have the time to find a clear data save to skip map animations or learn to hold A during enemy phase to prevent the cursor from coming up every time an enemy attacks

I can skip map animations; I just chose not to. Hold A? Confused lol Nvm I see what you mean.

a 4-turn strategy for 1-1 is very reliable, even on 0% growths. in 0% growths the only requisite is that the iron lance soldier round down str.

This was 3 turns.

Edited by ruadath

i'm sorry i'm having difficulty parsing your antecedents

what "previous one" are you talking about

you talked about a 4-turn strategy in the previous paragraph

Oh lol I see what you mean. Ambiguous grammar error - justifies my assumption that I would fail the SAT were I to retake it.

I meant the strategy was nearly as luck-reliant as the prologue clear, even though it appears to be less so since I don't suspend the state after every other action.

I noticed you skipped Thani, do you think that will affect you or not really?

Should be fine since forged Light can give the same MT as as Thani. However, if a 3 turn clear of Chapter 1-3 gets developed further... could be extremely useful if Micaiah has to nail a bunch of crits to kill stuff, especially the chapter boss. I think it might barely possible to pick up Thani if necessary (haven't confirmed) by significantly reducing the reliability of the clear, but I wouldn't count on it...

Just for confirmation, the knight in front of the archer in 1-3, doesn't move, right?

Edited by ruadath

Just for confirmation, the knight in front of the archer in 1-3, doesn't move, right?

No, I don't believe he does; at least, I've never seen him move. Maybe if he's damaged and needs to steal someone's Vulnerary, but it doesn't sound like that would help you anyway.

He doesn't. If he did ... a 3-turn might've been possible though maybe it could actually be if you could like shove Ilyana in range to kill him. Not sure if it works or if Ilyana needs transfers to ORKO him. If I still had the game I'd give it a try ...

Looking forward to 3-P Kappa

It's extremely easy to get Ilyana in range to kill him if you have Sothe carry her instead of Micaiah; however, then you obviously can't get Micaiah into seizing position. EDIT: In fact, doing this requires you to have Micaiah replace Ilyana as the archer aggroer, (to open up the path for Sothe), which not only is extremely unlikely (compare Lv 2/3 Micaiah to Lv 12 Ilyana) but makes it strictly impossible to get her into range to seize.

On the other hand, it seems like if you were insane in enough to try going down the western route, it is actually "possible" (in terms of map spaces alone) to get Sothe far enough forward to drop Micaiah into range where the archer can attack her (assuming he doesn't use his Longbow to go after Sothe). However, in addition to the fact that you have to clear out all the enemies, no one is able to take out the knight blocking the path on turn 2 (except Ilyana, but shoving her forward makes it impossible to get Sothe close enough), so this point is also moot.

I think a 3-turn clear might be "plausible" in a run where you only cared about LTCing a particular chapter. In particular, if you boss abused Edward/Nolan/Leonardo to 2nd tier (maybe 3rd tier? o_o) it's probably within reach, but as it currently stands I think not. EDIT: Actually probably just one of them to second tier, in addition to Laura so that she has extra Mov and can shove Sothe (I think?)

Edited by ruadath

Just checked, and it seems a 3 turn clear of 1-2 is just out of reach as well:

Image removed.

You can push Laura this far ahead by the end of turn 2. Assuming she survives everything on the enemy phase, she has 9 spaces to go to reach the arrive square. This looks nominally OK since Sothe can kill whatever attacks her from the front, and then 4 shoves get her to the arrive square, but Micaiah can only move far enough to do the first shove, and Nolan is standing in her way :(

EDIT: Scratch that, this screenshot makes it look possible (unless the archer and soldiers position themselves stupidly)

3U26cw5.jpg

But I really don't want to reset all the necessary times to do this... sigh...

EDIT (again): Thank goodness! Still not possible. Nolan shoves, then Micaiah shoves, then Leo has to shove, but can't do it in the right direction. What a relief!

Edited by ruadath

Not terribly much to be said about the general strategy, though I tried to make everything as reliable as possible while feeding Ilyana as much EXP as I could.

I should note that neither of the suspend states are truly necessary; the first one is early enough in the playthrough just to reset from the beginning of the chapter if you are not lazy, and the second one was for Micaiah's level up.

I was wondering how you were going to handle the first two archers because they always give me trouble lol. Ilyana is the answer, of course! You even got Aran too which is nice, I'm sure he'll come in handy (I think).

Thanks! At the very lest Aran will be an extra unit for shoving or something in the next couple of chapters, maybe his high Def will also be useful somewhere.

On that note, however, I might be looking at redoing the chapter, since Ilyana could really use an extra level for the next chapter, but even with 318 BEXP (all of it!) she only gains 26 EXP, which leaves her 11 EXP short of level 13! Any ideas for where I can get her an extra kill?

Edited by ruadath

OK, will try. EDIT: seems like I can't really do it without rigging a crit (she can't 2RKO anyone else), which I would prefer to avoid, so I might just give her a forged thunder or something (costs ~1600G) or try and work around it in Chapter 1-4.

Edited by ruadath