FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

Ilyana transfers items from Part 1 to Ike's party but Calill joins Ike's party only in 3-11. Before that she has no access to any items from Part 1 or whatever is in Ike's convoy.

I also completely got the strategy wrong. Chiki actually just has transfer!Marcia take care of the boss on the 3rd turn. If you're going for a two turn then a Meteor crit is the only thing that can make it happen.

Edited by Yojinbo

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK then, seems like the only option is to BEXP her up to standard (sounds expensive!). Which army's pool of BEXP does she have access to? In particular, I assume I can give her all/most of the BEXP in part 2? Also, since I probably want to keep Wrath with GMs (and thus Nephenee), it probably makes sense to take Nealuchi's instead, right?

23 AS Marcia doubles (and 1RKO's, with Brave Lance) him, try that.

Chiki hasn't implements the 2 turn yet (AFAIK). Meteor weighs a ridiculous 18 Wt, so even with Str transfer, Calill has no hope of doubling the boss. If FEWOD/FEW are correct (and the stats are the same on normal mode and hard mode, it doens't say), Roark has 42 HP, 15 Res. Since Meteor has a 8 Mt, Calill needs 21 Mag to kill, which is convenienty 2 more than what she starts with. Also note that she does have 18 Skl while the boss has 8 Luck, so she does have a chance to crit him (although I guess this doesn't matter because I will likely try to put her in Wrath range with Neph's wrath)

Also, Ilyana can take the Spirit Dust across, no? Or is she already to full of things she needs to take?

The stats are the same for HM, don't worry. Also, you can't shuffle skills in Part 2. So that means no Wrath Callil (not like that's going to pose a problem for you). ): Edited by Soul o:

Dang, that sucks. I suppose I can rig Mag+Skill BEXP levels for her, which will at least give her a 2% crit chance... but wow, lots of resetting.

EDIT: Perhaps I can give her Kieran's Gamble?

Edited by ruadath

That aside, the point of this discussion was to determine whether or not the Spirit Dust was a necessary purchase. For the moment, it looks as if the answer is no, unless either Micaiah really has trouble reaching her benchmarks for 1-9 (even with a forged 8 Mt Light!) or Laura needs it later on. I don't think either situation is likely, however, so it should save me a lot of money to just avoid the purchase. The only other question left to ask is if Sanaki will need it late game for siege tome madness but I doubt it.

I decided I want to save some early BEXP, and in order to do so, I'm planning to restart from Chapter 1-1 to give Micaiah more EXP. This will hurt Nolan and Edward's EXP gain very slightly, but not by much, especially considering I'm not planning on using the latter (for anything besides shoving) beyond 1-5, and Nolan doesn't gain or need much EXP anyway.

I'll also rerecord the videos with the sound synced properly.

Micaiah needs 23 Atk/14 Spd to 1RKO with Resolve in 1-9. It's stupidly easy, considering that silly Mag growth. She needs to be able to survive 21 Atk from the Myrmidon as well. Sanaki needs +4 Atk to 2HKO Levail. But I always killed him off with Shinon or a combination of the two.

Edited by Soul o:

New chapter 1-1 uploaded:

Key difference is that Micaiah dodges first two attacks so she doesn't have to use a Vulnerary and can get an extra kill on turn 2. I realized too late that you can actually do this far more reliably (at the cost of like 5 EXP to Micaiah) by having Edward and Leo rescue-drop her south of Nolan instead of shoving her east of him.

Edited by ruadath

I realized too late that you can actually do this far more reliably (at the cost of like 5 EXP to Micaiah) by having Edward and Leo rescue-drop her south of Nolan instead of shoving her east of him.

I thought this was pretty much "the only way", lol. I was playing around to see if I could find out how to 3-turn it myself, and I thought that was just part of the plan.

I have this thing where I don't check other's strategies (assuming they have this new, innovative turncounts, like your's, for example) until I can figure it out myself. However, if I happen to realize there's no reasonable way around (like when you needed Edward to Crit. that Fighter in the way), I pretty much take it for granted. Also, an exception was Dark's 4-turn on 1-2, which I may or may nor borrow.

I thought this was pretty much "the only way", lol. I was playing around to see if I could find out how to 3-turn it myself, and I thought that was just part of the plan.

I have this thing where I don't check other's strategies (assuming they have this new, innovative turncounts, like your's, for example) until I can figure it out myself. However, if I happen to realize there's no reasonable way around (like when you needed Edward to Crit. that Fighter in the way), I pretty much take it for granted. Also, an exception was Dark's 4-turn on 1-2, which I may or may nor borrow.

Lol I don't know why I didn't see that before. Although on the other hand, it's actually probably less reliable in the end, since Edward has to dodge one of two attacks without getting healed or Nolan has to pull off a dodge, and neither of them have as good Avoid as Micaiah (thanks to her "Best" biorhythm). At least not needing to have her dodge on the first turn makes it much more reasonable to perform on console by resetting for the Edward crit (since nothing happens before then), but you might experience the agony of losing with an Edward death.

It's Hard Mode, so there are no battle saves.

There are, when he can back up the temporary ones lol

Right, exactly, that's what the suspend states are for. And it's even easier on an emulator (takes far less time).

Also, transfers Ilyana would be able to get a ton more EXP on Chapter 1-3 thanks to the fact that she can double and ORKO most of the enemies. :(

Edited by ruadath

Also, transfers Ilyana would be able to get a ton more EXP on Chapter 1-3 thanks to the fact that she can double and ORKO most of the enemies. :(

Mhm. Love it how they tease you she has potential. :awesome: I really want to, like, WANT to use Ilyana, but being a little crowded at her time of arrival and the fact we're a little short on Exp Distribution Department makes it a little hard. ):

i don't get why you're not doing transfers

1) He may appreciate the challenge or the added brag rights to say "hey i just pulled a record without even using transfers". Chances are, he really doesn't need them. The only time I can think that it bothers me not to have them was in 1-2 (one of the Soldiers cockblocking the Energy Drop procs 10 Def), same for 1-3 & the very worst is 2-1 and the fact Nephenee doesn't double. Chapters like 3-1 where you'd think you'd need 23 AS Titania, you can actually manage with BEXP.

^Actually, scratch that. They're probably only really "necessary" for 2-1. And even so, I really doubt he won't make it, given the whole cheating "TAS" thing going on. :smug:

2) I was about to say "i doubt he wants to go through fe9 just for that", but then I remembered saves existed. :(

Edited by Soul o:

i don't get why you're not doing transfers

Perhaps I might do this. I do have the states saved for every single start/suspend in each chapter, so it would take me less than an hour to get back to chapter 1-3 after finding a file with transfers. But if I do, I feel like there should be some limit on the amount of transfers I'm allowed to bring in. After all, we don't spend 100s of turns boosting up Matthew to 15 Str in LHM to get the 5 turn clear of Chapter 11 in HM.

What do you guys think, are transfers worth it? I'll add a poll option and see what people think.