FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the problem is considering these transfers come from an entirely separate game, whereas most HHM playthroughs that use Lyn mode are playing that for turns too. Unless you do a proper FE9-then-10 two-game LTC there's no comparison.

Also, if I do end up doing this, I'm going to need a save file that doesn't have HP/Res transfers for Ike (not sure if that exists), so there is a decent chance I'm going have to do the thing myself. Probably easy enough on "easy mode" though (the ISO has the easy mode glitch fixed btw)

Edited by ruadath

1) He may appreciate the challenge or the added brag rights to say "hey i just pulled a record without even using transfers". Chances are, he really doesn't need them. The only time I can think that it bothers me not to have them was in 1-2 (one of the Soldiers cockblocking the Energy Drop procs 10 Def), same for 1-3 & the very worst is 2-1 and the fact Nephenee doesn't double. Chapters like 3-1 where you'd think you'd need 23 AS Titania, you can actually manage with BEXP.

I think 2-1 might impossible to 2-turn without transfer Neph. She's not fast/strong enough to double/crit-kill the first general, though she can do it on the enemy phase, but this means Brom can't move forward. Assuming he can clear a path for her (not sure), she makes it to Yeardely. Then she isn't fast enough to double Yeardley, or kill him with crit+regular attack, so the only way to go would be crit on PP2 and EP2. Wrath would probably be extremely helpful, but again not sure if it would work (primarily because of getting Neph to Yeardley).

EDIT: Brom isn't fast enough to double or skilled enough to crit-kill, so it's definitely impossible for 2-1.

Edited by ruadath

It doesn't feel right to cheat the save file... how will I know what amount of transfers is reasonable? And I'd like to assume that the PoR file was done on hard mode; getting all your transfers on easy feels like cheating to me.

There's a difference between things which are physically possible on the console (like suspend state abuse, which isn't much different from map saving/RN burning in other FE games) and directly hacking in values to characters' stats.

> uses the SD card trick to circumvent the suspend function every turn so that <1% strategies can work

this only happened on the prologue

Edited by ruadath

you're not reading between the lines here. your 1-1 strategy also has like a <1% chance of succeeding.

if you don't want to hack a save data file but instead want to waste hours on playing through a transfers file, then more power to you. you're not getting those hours back lol

if you don't want to hack a save data file but instead want to waste hours on playing through a transfers file, then more power to you. you're not getting those hours back lol

OK, perhaps I'll just hack conservatively then lol. Do you know how I would go about doing so?

no, you can look it up yourself and it'll still be much faster than getting a transfer file by playing FE9

you should just start with the standard speedrun transfer save and edit out ike's HP and res transfers. it's better to play it safe by having unnecessary transfers than to estimate wrongly what you think you'll need.

Just some quick information for those who would like to see transfer in the context of an FE9 HM LTC:

After doing an analysis of Chiki's run yesterday, I've concluded that the only possible transfers (while using the same general strategy as he does) are:

Soren/Ilyana - the latter would be preferable, though I'm not certain if I can make do without Adept throughout the game (would probably require critical for everything where Adept is necessary, though I imagine that isn't too many enemies, since their Mag is OP)

Marcia - Main flier used in the game, easily gets to level 16ish, probably easy to BEXP a bit further

and perhaps with some really tight BEXP optimization (as I recall, Chiki claims his BEXPing of Rhys/Geoffrey was rather inefficient, and perhaps I can avoid giving Reyson any at all), I can afford one more prepromote, such as Calill... maybe.

But really, the most important transfers seem to be out of reach (Jill, Haar, Tauroneo aren't recruited, and I don't think there is enough spare BEXP to get Nephenee to level 20 since we can't master seal her) so with the exception of boosting the reliabilty of a few early DB chapters (and perhaps if we are lucky, saving BEXP use on Calill), this doesn't seem like it would be very different from a transferless run.

OK, so I got my hands on the GameCube speedrun file or whatever prepared by Vykan... and those transfers are wtf insane. I edited out Ike's HP/Res boosts already, but I'm not sure I want this OP a team for the run; I feel like it will make it too easy lol.

It's funny because those transfers are technically possible to attain on console if you boss abuse and reset for eternity. Each character is levelled to 20/20 with perfect level ups and then the statboosters collected through the game are assigned for important transfers in the FE10 speedrun.

I'm probably biased towards the transfers file, but I don't see anything wrong with using the file as it only increases reliability. Admitedly the only character that's stupid is Sothe because of his 1:1 transfers from PoR, but overall you'll save yourself a lot of resetting using the rigged transfer file.You can also skip map animations and stop torturing us and yourself. Kappa

I should note that several characters like Marcia, Mordecai, Lethe, and lolAstrid don't have transfers because they're either fought or sacked and need to die easier (Ike also has a Lck transfer if you're purge critting him in 3-13).

Edited by Gwimpage

I used the one right at the top (GC Save with Theoretically Possible Max Transfers), and then edited out Ike's HP/Res boosts. No coins, but that probably won't be an issue.

While all of this fuss over transfers is bogging me down, does anyone have a good strat for 1-5 (in terms of resource optimization)? I've got plans (roughly) for every other chapter in part 1, but I suck at defense chapters, so if anyone could point me to a video or something that would be cool.

Edited by ruadath

People that be voting should realize what about that makes their choice lean on transfers. I really don't think it's necessary, yet I'm not SUPER SURE about how things would go down in Part 4, seeing as I never went super lowturns on that as it is. I don't think there's much transfers will do here, other than maybe a combination of a better Marcia/Callil. And it's not like Jillian & Haar aren't getting a crapton of Exp by dominating their side of the game as it is.