FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmaaaoooo

that sucks dude. well I guess it simplifies some other things, but that looked like a pretty cool discovery.

Probably due to the Fiona event, I guess.

Right, I modified the AI for lolz afterward (it was a bit tricky to figure out how this works, especially since character data is stored weirdly for bosses) to see what would happen, and it turns out he charges east and starts slaughtering the Marado knights (since they don't have a chance to get out of his range yet).

lmaaaoooo

that sucks dude. well I guess it simplifies some other things, but that looked like a pretty cool discovery.

At least I can confirm the 1-E does actually work though lol, so you don't have to worry about that one falling through. And I can promise there will be more strange and interesting turn saves later in the playthrough as well if I ever get there.

Edited by ruadath

Hmmm.... I might have to do some additional testing for Part 4 stuff (more than I had already anticipated). Might 4-4 be 2-turnable with a Rescue use? I think it might be possible if I can return to base and promote Tormod (not sure if this is possible, but I do have an extra Master Crown lying around...), then dump 4 Arms Scrolls on him so he can Rescue... It's tricky because I imagine that Tormod will have to kill priests from afar with Meteor or something like that, so he'll need some statboosting...

I'll have to think about this. But if someone could check for me if it is possible to "return to base" with him, that would be nice.

Ok, thanks for the info. Again, I'm a little preoccupied with school stuff for the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff figured out during this upcoming weekend; according to Valhalla, the map is (nearly) identical for EM/HM, so I might try an experiment with Gwimpage's speed run files.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to see this topic inactive for almost a month...

As some good news, I now work as a full-time freelancer, which means I actually have the time to play the game and test out LTC strats instead of just backseat commenting on existing stuff. Since I sold off all my equipment about a year ago, I have to wait about 2 weeks or to get back everything I need. All to say, I can look into the 1-E 3 turn and anything else around early June.

Sorry about that. I've been a combination of burned out from playing this for a while and busy with final exams etc. (and when I had free times to play games, I've been playing other stuff). I'm done now and have a couple of weeks before I start working, so I'll be able to focus on playing something for a while though.

1-E in 3 turns is definitely possible, and if I don't get back to work on this soon, I'll post screenshots with the strat. You do need Sniper!Leo and a high-skill Celerity!Jill, but neither of these are particularly difficult to get. On Easy Mode, you don't need Sniper!Leo, and I remember investigating this a while ago, but I forget whether or not Jill needs Celerity. I've been and still am too lazy to investigate the potential 2-turn clear of 4-4 with Tormod, so I'm just going to forget about that unless someone else wants to investigate. 56282508 seemed to think it was possible on EM, but I don't know what his plan was.

If I don't end up coming back to this at all in the next couple of weeks I'll probably just post the screenshots+strats (along with those for my various turn saves in Part 3) and peace out of this project (though I'm hoping not to do that).

Don't worry, it's not so bad. I think with a week or two of concentrated effort (now that I'm back at home), I can get through the end of Part 1 (videos might not be recorded for all of them though if I want to go that fast). I'd be more than happy to send the save files over for you to play around with and/or take over after that, if you'd like.

I haven't really given up on this, I've just kind of gotten a little bit annoyed with playing the same chapters over and over again for additional optimizations. That in itself wasn't quite so bad, but it was also disappointing to realize the 1-6-1 thing didn't work out, and that 2-2 probably can't be done in 2 turns because my strat had (transformed) Mordecai smiting (transformed) Lethe and he is 1 Con short of being able to do that, I think.

But I'm definitely glad you're still interested, and I think your posts might encourage me to get back to work on this soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a break, you've done way too much too back out. It took time to get here, may as well give yourself time to carry on with it at your own pace.

• 2 months later...

After 1-4:

UNIT          LEV.EXP HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
Micaiah         6.25  20   3  12  13  12  15   4   9
Sothe           1.21  39  20  15  20  20  24  20  20
Edward          7.80  22  10   0  14  15  11   5   0
Leonardo        5.60  17   9   0  13  11   6   5   4
Nolan           9.26  BASE
Laura           2.11  16   3   9   4   6   8   2  10
Ilyana         14.03  29   8  16  16  17   6   5  13
Meg             3.00  BASE

Turns so far: 15
BEXP: 326
Gold: 6656

I screwed up in the video but I'll upload it anyway (though it will take a while). Midway through the chapter, I realized that by making (another) slight modification to 1-3 I could get Ilyana 4 additional EXP. This is/was important because it means that Ilyana levels on the final turn which allows me to use the same RNG seed as last time, in addition to allowing me to promote her immediately in the base for 1-5; since I was too lazy to start rerecording the whole chapter, once I found an RNG seed that worked in 1-3, I just save edited the extra EXP into Ilyana (and removed the corresponding weapon uses) Other than that, not much changed, besides saving some money thanks to Micaiah having an extra level (less powerful forge needed) and Leo double critting the boss for EXP. Laura only got BEXP'd to level 2 instead of 3 because Leo had to take some of the EXP, and I decided against purchasing the Mend staff.

Edited by ruadath

I want a promoted Ilya by 1-5 ):

Yep, and that's exactly what we are getting with the improvement (since she hit level 14).

What's the point of giving bexp. to Laura since she shouldn't be used in LTC anyway?

She has one very specific use in Part 3 that she needs to be trained up for.

The video should be up soon... hopefully? On a different note, I'm thinking of making a new thread since this one got so congested; I checked with eclipse a while back and she said it would be OK. What do you guys think?

Edited by ruadath

• 2 weeks later...

Optimizing Leonardo's EXP gain is such a pain...

But I've been working on this (about halfway through 1-5) and hoping to get a video up in the next couple of days. Also fixed the link in the previous post that was broken.

Finally got this done! Training Leonardo is annoying, but I managed to get him 8 kills (2.5 levels) so he is up to level ~8.50, which should mean that I don't need to BEXP him again (or very limited amounts). Thankfully, NPC!Jill was (for once) very helpful and cooperative in making this process easy by weakening the soldiers to low HP so Leo could finish them off. Micaiah got to level 11, so pretty happy with that and she definitely shouldn't need BEXP.

Only 1-6 left to be annoying now, and after that it should be pretty smooth sailing to 1-E. Hopefully I can finally get that clear up for you guys soon!

EDIT: I miscounted, actually it was 9 kills.

Edited by ruadath